You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

I don’t disagree, mate, but fighters need a bit of time to learn and build confidence. Haye is on now talking about putting him in for the British title next. Feels a bit like Haye trying to rush him along for his own gain. It’s not like he’s got anyone else to headline on Dave is it?

Joyce is 32 so he needs pushing quicker to be fair. I think he'd beat Sexton for the British but don't think he'll be good enough at world level.

Watching Lewison tonight, and other heavyweights similarly out of shape, I always wonder why they don't think 'I have a bit of talent why not get decently fit & at least if I go no further I can live with the thought I gave it a good go '. I am 57 and lost 2 stone last year in 5 months going the gym 3 0r 4 times a week , so I'm sure if my job was basically working out in the gym it wouldn't be too hard to get into reasonable shape , not suggesting they have to look like Joshua..

• Upvote 1

Joyce is pure trash. It's not often you see an olympic medalist with a defence as bad as that. You know what though, him versus Price would be an intriguing fight.

It would be a interesting fight, Price would be gassed after 4 rounds and Joyce has great stamina for a HW. Prices power would be a good test for Joyces chin at Pro level (Think he's been sparked a few times in the amateurs). Can't see the Price team risking it though, they need to build momentum and Prices confidence for a few fights until he inevitably gets KO'd again.

Joyce has the most telegraphed left hook i've ever seen, lost count how many times he missed wildly with it.

It was a bit weird wasn't it , it was like one of those toys where you pull a string & one of the limbs moves robotically. 

I don't know if my memory is playing tricks but I remember him being far more fluid in the Olympics.

I thought Sky making out it was extremely one-sided to Ormond was wrong. But that 117-111 was a disgrace.

I didn't think there was much in it either way. Some really close rounds.

I thought Ormond won every round after the knockdown but some were close. Ormond deffo won though on the "feel" of the fight overall and Hyland knew he'd lost 

• Upvote 1

I thought Ormond won every round after the knockdown but some were close. Ormond deffo won though on the "feel" of the fight overall and Hyland knew he'd lost

Hyland and his corner knew he'd lost. He was old man'd in there. I gave Hyland some rounds after the knockdown. But I had Ormond winning.

This should be a great scrap now. I think Burnett will do a job on him, But will have to pass a gut check.

Just remembered, I have Heyland and Warrington on points in a double.