You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

There's still a shed load of tickets still available for the Burnett fight.

I'm trying to get someone to go up to it and go on the lash. No joy so far.

It didn't look full at all, half the arena appeared to have been curtained off as well.  Hearn will never learn that the Irish don't just come out for any fighter.  He's tried to crack the market a few times and failed miserably.

Joyce is shit

He certainly lacks the power to ever be more than a British (at a push European champion), and for all this "he has an engine" shite we heard, he appeared to tire after the 6/7th - he looks the part though so if Haye can match him properly there's a good chance of a Joshua cash-out down the line.

Watching Lewison tonight, and other heavyweights similarly out of shape, I always wonder why they don't think 'I have a bit of talent why not get decently fit & at least if I go no further I can live with the thought I gave it a good go '. I am 57 and lost 2 stone last year in 5 months going the gym 3 0r 4 times a week , so I'm sure if my job was basically working out in the gym it wouldn't be too hard to get into reasonable shape , not suggesting they have to look like Joshua..

I've never understood this either, being like Joshua isn't actually good because all that muscle just means he'll gas early (which he does) but being a fat cunt definitely doesn't help either.  Chisora's best performances have always come when he's been in shape.  Lennox Lewis has the best mix between flab and muscle for me.

I thought Ormond won every round after the knockdown but some were close. Ormond deffo won though on the "feel" of the fight overall and Hyland knew he'd lost 

I had Ormond winning every round bar 1 after the knockdown, I honestly didn't see it as being that close.  Hyland got a gift.

Sounds like Corrales vs Machado was a barnstormer?

I'm made up Corrales got stopped, coming in 4lbs over the limit is a joke.

Gassiev is a monster. That was beautiful and surgical.

There's something satisfying about a body shot finisher isn't there, the cruiserweight semi-finals are going to be great. 

I think it'll be Usyk / Dorticos in the final. 

Shea Neary's lad ( James Metcalfe ) boxing in Leeds on Saturday in an eliminator for the British Super-welterweight ( Light-middle to us oldies )

title on the Josh Warrington undercard on BT Sport / BoxNation.

Metcalf won on 6th round stoppage & will fight Ted Cheesman for the British.

Rosado and Tapia are both shot to shit but Tapia needs to fuck it off, is that 4 KO loses in a row now?

Murata won the first fight clearly and was robbed in his own country which was odd, no mistake in the return.  He's good but middleweight is far too stacked for him to do much.

Tapia is the worst boxer I've seen live and I've seen some bad ones over the years Dan.

Tapia is the worst boxer I've seen live and I've seen some bad ones over the years Dan.

I remember he got a lot of attention for his fight with Kirkland but it was just Kirkland punching his head in for 6 rounds until his corner finally stopped it, he took a horrible beating that night, which effectively ended his career.

Which fight did you see live mate?

I remember he got a lot of attention for his fight with Kirkland but it was just Kirkland punching his head in for 6 rounds until his corner finally stopped it, he took a horrible beating that night, which effectively ended his career.

Which fight did you see live mate?

On the Canelo v Khan undercard Dan he boxed Lemieux (who's average)Tapia was so poor everything about him he makes Johnny Greaves look like Sugar Ray Leonard.

On the Canelo v Khan undercard Dan he boxed Lemieux (who's average)Tapia was so poor everything about him he makes Johnny Greaves look like Sugar Ray Leonard.

Ah yeah he got stopped didn't he, he's just a big punch bag, he needs to retire before he gets badly hurt but it's hard to tell a 27 year old to retire and find something else to do isn't it.

Jack's days at 168 a long gone.

Kelly is pure poster boy material but as with all these prospects they need to step up to a good level of opppsition before you can judge. There's only Josh Taylor I can recall thats proven himself at a decent level so far.

Agree with the Josh Taylor part, his next fight isn't going to be easy either.  Regardless of how far Josh Taylor goes in the sport, making Ohara Davies quit will live forever.