You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

I'd fancy Groves to stop him late or win a close decision after a competitive and exciting fight

With Groves lack of stamina he needs to finish him within 6.  He always struggles bigtime when fights go into the later rounds.

Eubank on the other hand can box 12 rounds easily.  One of the fittest boxers around.  For me if the fights goes past 6 Eubank will win via stoppage.

With Groves lack of stamina he needs to finish him within 6.  He always struggles bigtime when fights go into the later rounds.

Eubank on the other hand can box 12 rounds easily.  One of the fittest boxers around.  For me if the fights goes past 6 Eubank will win via stoppage.

No, I don't agree with that because I'm not sure Eubank can stop him (only ever been stopped by Froch) and although Groves may flag a bit, he'll still be competitive because he hits hard and I'm not convinced Eubank hits big enough to really make Groves struggle in the later rounds. Saying that, there's a lot of questions that need to be answered about this fight that can only be answered when it happens, so you may be right, we'll have to see. 

No, I don't agree with that because I'm not sure Eubank can stop him (only ever been stopped by Froch) and although Groves may flag a bit, he'll still be competitive because he hits hard and I'm not convinced Eubank hits big enough to really make Groves struggle in the later rounds. Saying that, there's a lot of questions that need to be answered about this fight that can only be answered when it happens, so you may be right, we'll have to see. 

What makes you say that? He was hurt by Cox twice in that fight. He's been hurt by Francisco Sierra and Kenny Anderson. Eubank Jr most definitely can hurt him. 

What makes you say that? He was hurt by Cox twice in that fight. He's been hurt by Francisco Sierra and Kenny Anderson. Eubank Jr most definitely can hurt him.

I don't recall the Sierra fight but the other two hurt him early in their fights. I'm saying that if it gets to round 10 for example, then Eubank will have gone nine rounds with the biggest hitter he's been in with, so if it's been a hard fight (for both), then I'm still fancying Groves at that stage to be the most likely to get a stoppage. I'm not not saying Eubank can't hurt him at all. To be fair, pretty much anything could happen in that fight, I don't have a really strong view but my gut feeling is what I said earlier.

I don't recall the Sierra fight but the other two hurt him early in their fights. I'm saying that if it gets to round 10 for example, then Eubank will have gone nine rounds with the biggest hitter he's been in with, so if it's been a hard fight (for both), then I'm still fancying Groves at that stage to be the most likely to get a stoppage. I'm not not saying Eubank can't hurt him at all. To be fair, pretty much anything could happen in that fight, I don't have a really strong view but my gut feeling is what I said earlier.

Is Groves a bigger puncher than Arthur Abraham? I don't know, it's debatable. He's been in really hard fights with Froch and Jack, which have took something out of him physically. Mentally he's lost a step with the tragic aftermath of the Gutknecht fight - although that's not his fault obviously. 

I think he's regressed from the fighter he was when he fought Froch the first time around. Whereas Eubank is probably the second most improved boxer in the sport to Badou Jack. Groves's power is overrated, and Eubanks is underrated. It'll make for a thrilling spectacle, no doubt.