You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Theresa "MAY" not build a better Britain.

Guest Pistonbroke

Granada Tonight was worse. They spent the entire segment hammering home the security breach and then a Tory MP came on and fear mongered about the possibility of a terrorist attack, saying May should speak in a vacuum with nobody anywhere near her. That's exactly what we need, a PM that can't face the general public, giving speeches from an inaccessible place, to a propaganda induced audience. Basically V for Vendetta.

Despite you hating her you've got to admit it's a terrible breach of security. Lots of people are getting fired over that (namely police and MI5 I'd presume).

Despite you hating her you've got to admit it's a terrible breach of security. Lots of people are getting fired over that (namely police and MI5 I'd presume).

He had official accreditation, so if anyone's getting fired I suspect it would be the person that let that slip through the net.

I think Smithson is correct her on how May will go. 

She will face a confidence vote and resign in health grounds,

The various factions will already be calculating their strength .May is toast,

One of the things that doesn’t seem to have been appreciated about the CON rules is that the process of ousting a leader is totally separate from the leadership election that could follow.

If 15% of Conservative MPs, 47, request that there is a confidence vote in the leader then that would happen without those behind it having to identify themselves and without the move being linked to any of the names that have been floated about at the moment as possible alternatives to Mrs May. All they would do is send letters to the Chairman of the 1922 committee who would institute a secret ballot of MPs once the requisite total of letters had been received.

It could be in the current case that MP backers of more than one potential contender would send letters.

The letters went in about Iain Duncan Smith less than 4 weeks after his 8 minute standing ovation at the 2003 conference. The assumption was ahead of the vote taking place that there would be a contest between Michael Howard and David Davis but the confidence move was not attributed to any of the potential leadership contenders.

As it turned out Davis stood aside in order that leadership continuity could continue without a disruptive leadership election and Howard got the job with effectively a coronation.

My guess is that if TMay’s team sensed that she was in danger of having to face a confidence ballot then she would stand aside on health grounds.

Mike Smithson

Yeah I'm not as clued up as you on the inner workings of the Tories so I'll take your word for it!

It's not the Tories, it's anyone in government. All of the vetting is carried out by the MOD and includes searches by MI5 and other agencies.

For future reference any of you lot looking for a job in government or such like will soon have to hand over details of sites you frequent and they'll be vetted too. Imagine not being able to serve under JC for talking about burning Tories.

Considering the average age of the Tories is 71, I don't think the speech is going to influence their opinion too much. Most of them, were on their fifth piss when the 'F' fell off, others had forgotten the previous 5 minutes, and the rest were dreaming of the blonde aryan retard who will save them from the filthy Muzzies! 

• Upvote 1

Police confirm that if Ted Heath was still alive he would currently be getting interviewed over being an absolute nonce.

To be fair, it's probably a good thing to break right now for the Tories.

Haha - we don't mind nonces, but we draw the line at being a tory! 

Considering the average age of the Tories is 71, I don't think the speech is going to influence their opinion too much. Most of them, were on their fifth piss when the 'F' fell off, others had forgotten the previous 5 minutes, and the rest were dreaming of the blonde aryan retard who will save them from the filthy Muzzies!

About the same age as Corbyn . Stigmatising old people is ridiculous , I know plenty that are horrified at the direction the country has taken .

The Tory membership is largely retired , well off pensioners living life in the Home Counties , untroubled by immigrants that can't afford to move in next door anyway. They are backward looking , dreaming of putting the genie back in the bottle and having a homogeneous white society. Given the chance 40 or 50 thousand of these individuals would propel Boris Johnson into no 10 and the country over a Brexit cliff. It's their values and beliefs that need to be attacked .Above all else their selfishness. Their is also the small matter that their party is withering away at the grass roots and if they continue to make ill informed choices that have massive adverse consequences for the young they are looking at oblivion before long. Many old peopl I talk to understand that and know they have far more fortunate than their children and grandchildren

Police confirm that if Ted Heath was still alive he would currently be getting interviewed over being an absolute nonce.

To be fair, it's probably a good thing to break right now for the Tories.

May suppressed it until after her speech. She's not on a winning streak is she

New PM = new GE.

That's inevitable.

May had to have one before taking on Brexit, you're damn sure they'll need another one as the Withdrawal Bill proceeds through the houses. 

Pretty certain it'll be Rees-Mogg, and the 55+ will be titilated by the Downton Abbey cunt when he announces plans to turn schools into day care centres for the elderly.

Just saw this clip from 95, a former Tory whip, small boys just rolls off the tongue.

Fortescue, who died in 2008, told the BBC documentary that: “For anyone with any sense, who was in trouble, would come to the whips and tell them the truth, and say now, I’m in a jam, can you help?

“It might be debt, it might be… a scandal involving small boys, or any kind of scandal in which, erm er, a member seemed likely to be mixed up in, they’d come and ask if we could help and if we could, we did.

“And we would do everything we can because we would store up brownie points… and if I mean, that sounds a pretty, pretty nasty reason, but it’s one of the reasons because if we could get a chap out of trouble then, he will do as we ask forever more.”

About the same age as Corbyn . Stigmatising old people is ridiculous , I know plenty that are horrified at the direction the country has taken .

The Tory membership is largely retired , well off pensioners living life in the Home Counties , untroubled by immigrants that can't afford to move in next door anyway. They are backward looking , dreaming of putting the genie back in the bottle and having a homogeneous white society. Given the chance 40 or 50 thousand of these individuals would propel Boris Johnson into no 10 and the country over a Brexit cliff. It's their values and beliefs that need to be attacked .Above all else their selfishness. Their is also the small matter that their party is withering away at the grass roots and if they continue to make ill informed choices that have massive adverse consequences for the young they are looking at oblivion before long. Many old peopl I talk to understand that and know they have far more fortunate than their children and grandchildren

Did I stigmatise the elderly? It is a fact that the average age of the membership is old (pretty sure it is 71 and less than 100 thousand in total). Which was what I was referring to. And, it is also a fact that the majority of the Tory support comes from the elderly and 60 above (less than 25% voting Labour), so you may know some people who are horrified. But the facts are that the majority of elderly voters put their tick in the Tory box and do so, knowing it screws up the younger generations in the process. 

It wasn't the younger generations who voted for Brexit, who voted for student fees, who voted for decreased house building, austerity. It was the elderly. So they get deserved criticism for looking after themselves. 

And all the elderly I know voted Labour. 

Did I stigmatise the elderly? It is a fact that the average age of the membership is old (pretty sure it is 71 and less than 100 thousand in total). Which was what I was referring to. And, it is also a fact that the majority of the Tory support comes from the elderly and 60 above (less than 25% voting Labour), so you may know some people who are horrified. But the facts are that the majority of elderly voters put their tick in the Tory box and do so, knowing it screws up the younger generations in the process. 

It wasn't the younger generations who voted for Brexit, who voted for student fees, who voted for decreased house building, austerity. It was the elderly. So they get deserved criticism for looking after themselves. 

And all the elderly I know voted Labour. 

25/30 %  of the elderly voted remain and aren't selfish retrograde cunts

25/30 %  of the elderly voted remain and aren't selfish retrograde cunts

About right.

It's not the elderly who wanted Brexit so much, more the 45-60 year olds who have been indoctrinated into newspaper fanaticism as they advanced into adulthood.

They're the 'money experts', the ones who got houses for £30,000 and got beer for 30p a pint.