You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Same tactics different era. 

Djq_PPPNX0_AEy_Yre.jpg

This is how the press tried to stop atlee’s government gaining power in 1945. It’s exactly the same tactic being used by some now: “the far left are identical to the far right” (that absolute bullshit about the “horseshoe” of politics) & “The left will take away personal freedom
  • Upvote 4

Has anybody seen Louise Ellman of late?

She's not responding to numerous requests for comment on whether she attended the same event that she alleged she was recently shocked to hear about. She's also not responded to requests for comment on why she's falsely claimed on several occasions that Labour haven't followed the IHRA definition of antisemitism, when it's actually been incorporated word-for-word into the Labour Party code of conduct.

Maybe she's off on another LFI funded jolly to Tel Aviv?

If that's the case, I'm reading in a few places that she may return to growing calls for her deselection.

Corbyn has spoken.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/03/jeremy-corbyn-antisemitism-labour-party

Spot on, for me. Strikes the right balance perfectly. We are committed to combating antisemitism but we simply won't back down on transparent attempts to hijack this important issue and use it as a means to stifle legitimate criticism of Israel.

• Upvote 1

Corbyn has spoken.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/03/jeremy-corbyn-antisemitism-labour-party

Spot on, for me. Strikes the right balance perfectly. We are committed to combating antisemitism but we simply won't back down on transparent attempts to hijack this important issue and use it as a means to stifle legitimate criticism of Israel.

I wonder if anybody on here disagrees with anything he said in that article?

The Jewish Labour Movement disagree with it. Almost 5 minutes after the Corbyn article first appeared online.

Now, call me cynical, but it's almost as if they had a response ready to go irrespective of the content of anything Corbyn said.

On what grounds can they possibly disagree with that?

The Jewish Labour Movement disagree with it. Almost 5 minutes after the Corbyn article first appeared online.

Now, call me cynical, but it's almost as if they had a response ready to go irrespective of the content of anything Corbyn said.

Absolutely.

They have no interest in understanding what he has said. They have an agenda to adhere to and will diligently do so. Cunts.

Israel is a racist, Apartheid state. The evidence is overwhelming.

Ghettoisation of people, rhetoric from political figures dehumanising people and comparing them to animals, land seizures, discriminatory application of domestic laws and policies, extra-judicial executions, deprivation of human rights, freedom of movement, rights to employment, medical treatment, food, water, fuel sources, electricity, all justified by right wing nationalistic rhetoric.

No deflection. Just blindness from you.

Israel = Nazis*

*In some regards

Would love to know how comparing Israel to the Third Reich and claiming that a Jewish homeland is a racist endeavour amounts to legitimate criticism, but I suspect I'll just get the usual deflection.

I personally believe the Palestinians should just bow down to the Israelis and accept all the good will they are offering them.

Israelis, great bunch of lads.