You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

I can't believe the narrative from Ferdinand and Scholes saying that they "couldn't see that performance coming after the way they played against Liverpool". We played poorly at the weekend as we didn't look like hurting them, but we had 68% of the possession and if we had equalised Mourinho would have got tons of stick for how negative they were in the second half. They got a lot of praise for restricting us, but one of those penalty decisions goes against them and that praise turns to criticism.

Mourinho has turned Pogba to shit and looks to be repeating the trick with Sanchez. This from a guy who failed to see and develop the potential in both De Bruyne and Salah.

They've had a good month recently with wins against us and Chelsea, and they'll probably go and win the FA Cup, but I can see things coming to a head next season He will need to put in a proper title challenge and go far in the Champions League or I reckon they'll be calling for his head, especially if the football remains turgid.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe the narrative from Ferdinand and Scholes saying that they "couldn't see that performance coming after the way they played against Liverpool". We played poorly at the weekend as we didn't look like hurting them, but we had 68% of the possession and if we had equalised Mourinho would have got tons of stick for how negative they were in the second half. They got a lot of praise for restricting us, but one of those penalty decisions goes against them and that praise turns to criticism.

Mourinho has turned Pogba to shit and looks to be repeating the trick with Sanchez. This from a guy who failed to see and develop the potential in both De Bruyne and Salah.

They've had a good month recently with wins against us and Chelsea, and they'll probably go and win the FA Cup, but I can see things coming to a head next season He will need to put in a proper title challenge and go far in the Champions League or I reckon they'll be calling for his head, especially if the football remains turgid.

Dunno about him ruining Sanchez, he's looked shot for the last 6 months at Arsenal. Obviously he didn't want to be there but he hasn't looked the same player he looked in the first two years there for a while. 

• Upvote 1

I wish Souness would stop calling them "the biggest club in the world", it's really annoying.

He does say 'arguably'.

I said to my mates on Sunday. The game on Saturday was a good result for United, but as with Allardyce in the Derby, he was happy with a 0-0 draw, nothing was making him change the way he was playing. Same as last night. 

As I said on Saturday night - we are in a better place than United. Regardless of the result on Saturday. 

They seem to be in the same situation as Chelsea where when his first tenure was coming to an end, signing anything that moves and not giving any thought to cost, wages, whether the player is needed or where he'll play.

Exactly - Sanchez was just an act of hubris! 

As good as he is, he was not what they needed - and certainly not for £500k a week! 

Was in a hotel at Manchester Airport overnight , so had the enjoyment of watching the Utd game in the bar surrounded by initially cocky Manc supporters. I say 'surrounded ' but by the time Lukaku scored there was only me and a couple of City fans left watching.

• Upvote 3

It's great that they're out but they're not a shite side by any means. They're 5 points clear of us in the league, despite this being our best season in a while.

I'm glad it was Sevilla who put them out though.

Disgaree. They are shite, in spite of them being ahead of us. We are a better team than United, as are Spurs. We're just not quite as consistent in beating the lower sides as the mancs are. Them being comfortably in 2nd place reflects very poorly on the rest of the league!

Disgaree. They are shite, in spite of them being ahead of us. We are a better team than United, as are Spurs. We're just not quite as consistent in beating the lower sides as the mancs are. Them being comfortably in 2nd place reflects very poorly on the rest of the league!

They are better than us at the moment because they have spent more money on better players in key positions and forced decent young players onto the bench who probably should actually be playing. This means they have a bigger pool of quality players to choose from and more options on the bench. This is the only real difference between them and us,and its marginal. One of the reasons United's european record under Ferguson and his successors is relatively poor versus their domestic haul is the standard(or integrity) of the refereeing and assistants. Its obvious that they get ridiculous decisions domestically which they often don't get in european games.

• Upvote 3

They are playing shit football and massively underachieving but are still ahead of us in the league and have won trophies.  Let's get ahead of them and win something before saying we are better.

Playing nice football doesn't mean you are better, just better to watch.

If we win the cl then I am happy to say we are better, as it stands, we are behind them. 

If they are shit and ahead of us, what does that make us?

• Upvote 1

De Gea's 4th in saves in the league. No other keeper from a decent club - besides Schmeichel if you consider Leicester decent - is in the top 10. So they get regularly peppered with shots and they're not brilliant going forward.

Yes, they get results and beat us on the weekend, but they're not a great team by any stretch. Just because we don't win stuff, doesn't mean we're not allowed to point that out. 

• Upvote 3

They are better than us at the moment because they have spent more money on better players in key positions and forced decent young players onto the bench who probably should actually be playing. This means they have a bigger pool of quality players to choose from and more options on the bench. This is the only real difference between them and us,and its marginal. One of the reasons United's european record under Ferguson and his successors is relatively poor versus their domestic haul is the standard(or integrity) of the refereeing and assistants. Its obvious that they get ridiculous decisions domestically which they often don't get in european games.

They have a massively better defence than us and play to that strength. Too much so which is down to Mourinho, Klopp with that squad would be up there with City

They have a massively better defence than us and play to that strength. Too much so which is down to Mourinho, Klopp with that squad would be up there with City

They really don't, it''s De Gea that's the difference maker. They have a bend don't break defense and give up tons of shots. We're not far behind them defensively. 

• Upvote 1