You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kolo Toure deserves some.....

Mathewbet1

Often overlooked, but one of the great PL defenders.

It's not often that every set of fans you leave behind welcomes you back but they do for him.

To go on as long as he did, particularly when not blessed with the most athletic physique and still putting in some good performances is very impressive.

Retire his shirt number and name the new stand after him. In fact, make the front of the players' tunnel a massive Kolo face, and have the players walk out of his mouth.

Nice fella, he'll be missed.

Make the players touch a 'This is Kolo' sign on the way out.

• Upvote 2

It says a lot about the guy that he was able to change people's perception of him throughout the time he spent at LFC. He started out as a laughing stock but he became a solid performer and valued member of the squad. He will be missed.

When ?, i dont know anyone who thought that. I know a few who thought he was past it, but to be fair, when a past it player shows up those who are in their prime, then a laughing stock is not what i would call him. Yes he had a few feck ups and a few bad games, but as for giving it his all and fighting, he was above and beyond most of what we have/had.

Nothing but respect for the man.

Gutted. At 35, he's not a worse defender than Sakho or Lovren, and his experience and know how would surely be valuable to our young squad. We lack leadership, and we're letting go of the one player who has that in abundance. Joke move.

I kind of agree with letting him go, doesn't mean I like it though. Lovren, Sakho, Matip, Gomez, it's difficult to see where he'd get games and while he undoubtedly offers something just being around the other players, I'm not sure it justifies what is likely to be a hefty salary.

He's a top, top bloke who left everything on the pitch for us, he'll always have my respect and affection and I wish all the best, wherever he ends up. Some players just get us.

I kind of agree with letting him go, doesn't mean I like it though. Lovren, Sakho, Matip, Gomez, it's difficult to see where he'd get games and while he undoubtedly offers something just being around the other players, I'm not sure it justifies what is likely to be a hefty salary.

He's a top, top bloke who left everything on the pitch for us, he'll always have my respect and affection and I wish all the best, wherever he ends up. Some players just get us.

Gomez hasn't played a game at CB for us yet and Sakho is injury prone. If it was anyone else who played alongside Lovren in the Europa final, it would've been even more of an embarrassment.