You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby 20-April-2016

Surely that is a true( albeit a rare one)comment from Savage.

Unless you would like to explain in which way it is incorrect? way are Southampton bigger than Everton

I think that was the joke.

"Everton? Yeah, they're bigger than...er..."

"Real Madrid?"

"Arsenal?"

"THEY'RE BIGGER THAN STOCKPORT COUNTY!"

Haven't been this confident of twatting these for many a year, which started to worry me this morning as a bad omen.

Long shot but.. does anyone want to swap x2 tickets together in the Kop for x2 together in the Main stand??? I'll even throw in a couple of pints.

Haven't been this confident of twatting these for many a year, which started to worry me this morning as a bad omen.

Long shot but.. does anyone want to swap x2 tickets together in the Kop for x2 together in the Main stand??? I'll even throw in a couple of pints.

I just think back to that Newcastle game in December, all we needed to do was turn up. They beat us 2-0. It's a derby, I'm never confident. 

Finally got around to watching Creed today. A couple of observations...

1. That God awful, beyond cringeworthy news piece about "Pretty" Conlan... Wearing a kit 2 sizes too small? What in the fuck?

2. Bellew is a shit actor... And anything but pretty...

3. Not even a Hollywood blockbuster franchise movie, with editing can make Goodison look anything except like a shithole.

4. The "Conlan" chants in a near capacity Goodison but sounds like it consists of only 5 people? Surely they could have got the actual crowd to do some of that?

5. Z cars is shite.

6. Bellew had saggy tits for a 30-something old professional boxer. You're in a fucking blockbuster movie, get ripped you idiot!

7. God Z cars is shite...

I didn't actually hear Z cars, but I just feel like I needed to mention it.

They are running scared of this, I have never known such trepidation among their fans. Every one of them is looking forward to this about as much as Andy van der Meyde looks forward to a breathalyser. Hopefully we bring our A game and give them a right good thrashing.

I hope Klopp realises the importance of this game and puts his strongest possible side out.

What is that, exactly? I'd imagine it's the side he picked v Dortmund at home... Personally, I think Sturridge will be back on the bench for this one. There's no way Daniel is playing two games a week from now on and in. Starting him at a frantic pace here might not be the smartest idea. I think he'll start on Saturday against Newcastle, and be back on the bench against Villareal, then start vs Swansea. Origi will start against Everton and Villareal. That rythm will be kept for a while with Firmino acting as the 2nd striker. Can only see Divock and Daniel starting if we're chasing a big Villareal lead in the return leg.

I think we'll go:

-----------------------------Mignolet----------------------

Clyne----------Lovren-----------Sakho-------Moreno

-------------------Lucas--------Allen---------------------

----Lallana------------Firmino-------------Coutinho--

--------------------------Origi-----------------------------

with the diamond as an option in terms of formation (Lucas DM, Firmino/Origi up top). I'd actually prefer that, as Lucas Allen are better in those roles than in a tandem. Anyway, that front four should have enough for an Everton defence without Jagielka and Coleman

Bench:

Ward

Smith

Toure

Stewart

Ojo

Ibe

Sturridge