You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which do you think is better?

Kevin D

Better comedy  

30 members have voted

1. 1. ?

I like The Peep Show, quite a lot. Easily one of the top five comedies of the last 15 or so years. But it's nowhere near as good as The Thick of It. 

I'd say the gap is really small. I don't think any episode of The Thick of it matches Mark's wedding to Sophie, for instance.

You're perfectly entitled to your completely incorrect view.

Mark: 'The drinking Jeremy, it's not become a problem has it?'

Jez: The drinking? Don't knock the drinking. It was when I was drinking I came up with my plan about Stu.'

Mark: 'Whats you're plan?'

'Jez: I'm gonna hit him'

'Mark: That's not really a plan as such'

Jez: 'Yes it is. I plan to hit him. What's not a plan about that?"

Having only seen bits of both shows I would say The Thick of it is streets ahead as I never found any of those Peep Show sketches funny. Peep Show is the one with Mitchell and Webb isnt it? I hate that Webb fella.

Peep Show doesn't have sketches. You are possibly thinking of That Mitchell and Webb Look, which did.

The Thick of it is better than Peep Show but it's better than most things.

When I see or hear anyone moaning about how TV, or film, or music has been shit for the last x years it rather makes me wonder how little effort they have put into checking out the good stuff. And what a ridiculously inflated view of the past they must have.

• Downvote 1

When I see or hear anyone moaning about how TV, or film, or music has been shit for the last x years it rather makes me wonder how little effort they have put into checking out the good stuff. And what a ridiculously inflated view of the past they must have.

There is an increasing mountain of shite to get through to find the gems in music nowadays and because of the kind of stuff that is considered the mainstream and how difficult it is to find people (myself included) will stick to what we know,which is inevitably oldies.

I agree with you regarding film and music. The problem is that almost every "big film", or band/artist on the radio, is shite, so you do have to dig for it. But it is there, fucking loads of it, especially if you aren't limiting yourself to just American and British films and music.

Not sure I agree regarding TV, but then for me it's not really a case that stuff used to be a lot better, I just don't find many programs particularly interesting/entertaining/funny.