You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Links with Moussa Sissoko today. 12ml after the euros

Not sure what to make if him. Seems another box to box more attacking type. A bit inconsistent but then who isnt at Newcastle. Not a great goalscorer either

Usually a box to box midfielder can tackle, pass, and shoot. Some of ours, at a push, can do one of those things.

Yeah as i said not sure what to think. Sometimes he looks good other times he disappears. I was suprised his goal output is so low,must be a scorer of big goals as opposed to lots of them. Wouldn't mind him here but its a bit of a similar type

Yeah as i said not sure what to think. Sometimes he looks good other times he disappears. I was suprised his goal output is so low,must be a scorer of big goals as opposed to lots of them. Wouldn't mind him here but its a bit of a similar type

Sorry, mate, I wasn't really referring to Sissoko.

They seem to have played him out wide every time I've seen them play.

Links with Moussa Sissoko today. 12ml after the euros

Not sure what to make if him. Seems another box to box more attacking type. A bit inconsistent but then who isnt at Newcastle. Not a great goalscorer either

Can't see it, questionable attitude when the shit hit the fan at Newcastle.

I like him as a player, but as a man he seems like a fucking melt.

Can is clearly the defensive minded one in our midfield, but he can play a bit.

Henderson is box to box.

Lucas is a DM.

Milner is a box to box.

I think their roles are pretty well defined.  

Whether they are good enough is another question.

Answer:

None of the above.

• Upvote 1

Those Benteke wages!

The case to sell is strengthened. There was a faint, outside chance he could be seen as an extra option, albeit one we overpaid for, who will not regularly start. But on those wages? No way!

£30M from Palace and he's yours. And Palace can pay all the wages or Benteke can take a cut (in all likelihood we'll split the difference and pay him a couple of million as an exit payment to be done with it). All the more reason why the transfer fee needs to be as high as possible.

Dwight Gayle signed for Newcastle. I wonder how this affects any possible Benteke move to Palace.

On the plus side that means Dwight Gayle won't turn into a world beater against us for Palace next year.

On the negative side it means Benteke can go back to turning into a world beater against us. 

On the negative side it means Benteke can go back to turning into a world beater against us. 

I'd take that though. Only two games a season where Benteke is damaging our prospects, as opposed to now, when it happens every time he pulls on a red shirt. 

Ba-dum, tish! 

• Upvote 2

As someone already said- Benteke will likely end up at Palace on deadline day on loan.

I really hope Klopp changes that trend. Makes it crystal clear (see what I did there) very early in pre-season that if he stays he wont play. 

Palace getting Townsend and selling Gayle maybe strengthens the chance of it happening

They all have roles, but they're just not very good at them.

Can is going to be our dedicated DM.

Lucas is his back-up.

Henderson is our box to box.

Milner is his back-up

Allen is their back-up.

Yes, I know what roles they are 'meant' to be fulfilling. Just not convinced any of our midfield partnerships/triumverates currently on the books compliment each other to any great effect..

The shitty bit

Sadio Mané's £30m arrival will represent Liverpool's biggest transfer of the summer, but not their final one in all likelihood. #lfc (Echo)

The less shitty bit

Liverpool are also looking for a player who can control from the middle and offers defensive stability. #lfc (Echo)

• Upvote 1

The less shitty bit

Liverpool are also looking for a player who can control from the middle and offers defensive stability. #lfc (Echo)

This is good but Dahoud who seems to be the primary target for this role is not known for his strength and is more like Alonso than a Mascherano. I think we would need someone in the role of the latter than the former.

Also, if we are looking for someone who offers more defensive stability, does that mean Can will move forward a bit ? If so, what does this mean for the others?

Also, what of the captaincy? 

I would have thought Klopp will establish his own man as the captain moving forward, now that he's had a good look at it all. If Henderson keeps the armband he will need to play, and that looks a bit up in the air at the moment. 

Who will the captain be next year? Can? Matip? Henderson? Someone else we are yet to sign?

This is good but Dahoud who seems to be the primary target for this role is not known for his strength and is more like Alonso than a Mascherano. I think we would need someone in the role of the latter than the former.

We have done since Mascherano left.