You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

But, but Everton are so rich, they'll never sell their best assets again surely.

Whisper it quietly but they should take the money and run.  That would be like someone offering us £35m for Lovren.  

I hope Everton issue a statement about Stones not being for sale at any price and keep him.  That way we can watch GOT explode with jizz and then enjoy the schadenfreude when they sell him for £10m to Crystal Palace in 2 years time with one year left on his deal.

• Upvote 1

Gotze knows he can probably earn himself at least 8-10ml next year by just sitting out his deal. As a bodman he will have just about every club trying for him. Probably offering him 200k a week and a 10ml signing on fee.

Why not wait it out

• Upvote 1

If we do sell Benteke for the fee quoted, then our net spend this summer is essentially zero.

TV money being trousered then, I take it.

I'm sure the arithmetic isn't that simple in reality but we certainly won't have shelled out much compared to our rivals. And, on top of Enrique and Toure going, we will probably be shedding the wages of the following along with receiving some sort of fee:

Skrtel

Lucas

Wisdom

Canos

Ilori

Alberto

Allen, Ibe and Markovic aren't that likely to stay either. I don't see where they get many games next season. Not sure how much the latter pair would fetch but we had to pay £12 million for Clyne last summer with a year left on his contract, I don't see why we'd expect any less for Allen this summer, probably more considering where he plays and his current profile.

If all Klopp now wants is a left-back and a central midfielder money shouldn't be a problem, persuading the right player to come here might be though.

My theory  is that he'll want a striker if we sell Benteke and we don't think we'd get the replacement we want this window. £25m is a good price for Benteke but if the club are worried about replacing him with Studge being injury prone, and Ings coming off a major injury himself, they might just decide to give him one more season.

I'd be surprised if we shipped off Markovic too but I suppose that depends on his pre-season.

If Benteke goes, I don't think we'll get another striker nor do I think we should. Sturridge, Origi and Ings is probably enough for the amount of footy we got next season, plus Mane & Firmino can play there. I'd like to think we'll go all out & get a midfield best we've been crying our for for nearly a decade.

Gotze knows he can probably earn himself at least 8-10ml next year by just sitting out his deal. As a bodman he will have just about every club trying for him. Probably offering him 200k a week and a 10ml signing on fee.

Why not wait it out

He'll move back to Dortmund I reckon, to replace Mkhitaryan.

Yea on the midfield front I'd like us to get Goreztka, I'm disappointed we haven't really been linked with him this window.

Isn't he more the box-to-box type like Grujic? I thought we wanted a "playmaker" type like that lad Weigl at Dortmund?

If Benteke goes, I don't think we'll get another striker nor do I think we should. Sturridge, Origi and Ings is probably enough for the amount of footy we got next season, plus Mane & Firmino can play there. I'd like to think we'll go all out & get a midfield best we've been crying our for for nearly a decade.

Agree, I think Klopp is looking at a 433 with one main striker and two speedy forwards. Mane being one, and Ojo and Markovic other options, along with Firmino.

If we sell Benteke we defo need another striker.

I think we either need a striker or not. Benteke is almost irrelevant to the discussion because he's shit.

Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Firmino, Mane offers lots of players that can play upfront. If Sturridge got injured though (I know, a ridiculous suggestion) we're left with good but not great players. 

If we sign a striker it's got to be someone top notch. Absolute waste of time signing some squad filler. We've got the numbers, what we lack are prolific goal scorers that we can rely on.

• Upvote 1

If Benteke goes, which looks likely - I wouldn't buy another attacking player.

We have less games this season, Ings is returning, we already were scoring more than other teams in the league in 2016 and we have signed Mane.

Then you add we might have players returning like Markovic, who Klopp might want to keep, even if someone like Ibe leaves (on loan or permanently).

I'd rather sell Allen (who Klopp doesn't seem to rate as highly as some of our fans) & Lucas.  But a midfielder or two to compliment & enhance the other three options in Can, Henderson & Grujic.  Dahoud & Gueye would be my preference.

Then we need a left back to at worst compete with Moreno, hopefully replace him and have Moreno as the back up.

We also might need another CB, depending on what happens with Sakho.  

The attack is fine, actually it is strong - even if Benteke goes.  Let's get the rest of the side sorted.

• Upvote 1

The attack is fine, actually it is strong - even if Benteke goes.  Let's get the rest of the side sorted.

Especially if Benteke goes.

Him and Balotelli have to go. We strengthen the squad by simply removing any chance of them stepping on to the pitch for us.

• Upvote 1

Especially if Benteke goes.

Him and Balotelli have to go. We strengthen the squad by simply removing any chance of them stepping on to the pitch for us.

You're right & you are right about your above post another we sign for the attack has to be better than what we have.  I'm don't think we are in a position without Champs League Football to attract better players than Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino & Mane.  Nor do I think we need to to get top four or even challenge next season.

Even when we challenged under Rodgers for the title, we conceded over 50 league goals that season.  I'm hoping Klopp sorts out that side of the game.  Karius & Matip should be key in doing that.  

Are Express.de a reliable German paper?

Liverpool are happy to pay a €30m transfer fee for Dahoud. #lfc (@express24)

Mahmoud Dahoud has rejected a contract extension from Mönchengladbach & does not want to extend his 2018 expiring contract. (@express24)