You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Can we rely on any of our strikers to score over 10 goals when they so rarely achieve it?

Sturridge can if he stays fit.

If he doesn't, then I think Origi, Firmino & Ings can deliver when needed.  Especially Origi & Firmino, based on what we saw last season.  Ings, it will depend how he recovers, but he is the perfect character to push them, as we saw last season with him forcing his way into the team.

Isn't he more the box-to-box type like Grujic? I thought we wanted a "playmaker" type like that lad Weigl at Dortmund?

I think the only thing that's clear is that Klopp has no interest in the fan's desire for a younger version of Mascherano.  

Goretzka is indeed a box-to-box type, like Can and Grujic, but I think it's becoming increasingly clear that this is what Klopp is looking for.  He wants 3 players in midfield who are versatile enough to break up the opposition's passing lanes and then talented enough on the ball to spring (or make a run to participate in) a counterattack when we win it back.  All the players we've been linked to suggested that he wanted a player like that and a goalscoring wide forward.

We have Mane, now we need the main midfield target.  If it's not Dahoud, it will be someone else, because we surely have big money available (unless, as I said earlier, we're also looking for a Sakho replacement at CB).  I don't think Weigl who you mention will be remotely attainable for us, otherwise he'd surely be on the list as well.

• Upvote 1

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 2m2 minutes ago

Dahoud is someone #LFC have been pursuing aggressively but the indications at this stage are that he will stay this window. (Dominic King)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 56s56 seconds ago

It is now looking unlikely Liverpool will land Mahmoud Dahoud. #lfc (Dominic King)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 1m1 minute ago

If Udinese continue to be obdurate and do not want to do business with Liverpool, Zielinski will stay where he is. #lfc (Dominic King)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 2m2 minutes ago

Zielinski though, has made it clear that he does not want to join Napoli. He has his heart set on a move to Liverpool. #lfc (Dominic King)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 3m3 minutes ago

Napoli have made the same bid of €11m plus add-ons for Zielisnki which has been accepted, but #LFC's has been turned down. (Dominic King)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 4m4 minutes ago

Liverpool have had a £9.2m bid for Piotr Zielinski rejected by Udinese. #lfc (Dominic King)

• Upvote 1

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 1m1 minute ago

If Udinese continue to be obdurate and do not want to do business with Liverpool, Zielinski will stay where he is. #lfc 

If the selling club don't want to do business with us we can't buy him?

Some serious in depth cutting edge analysis there. 

L'Equipe reporting Liverpool are ready to make a €14 mill offer for Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

Zielinski to #LFC: Transfer stand-off as Udinese reject bid against player's wishes - Paul Joyce -

Mahmoud Dahoud has rejected Borussia Mönchengladbach's contract extension as #LFC willing to pay €30m.

Presumably we're just not accepting the first offer for Benteke rather than a reluctance to sell

Think we're holding out for 30mill +

Are the rumours of athleti Madrid interest bollox? Read the other day of a 30mill+ interest from them.

I'd be amazed if Gladbach sell Dahoud this summer with Xhaka and Nordtveit moving on. I know they've already signed Kramer and Strobl and they're in no position to sell

It'll be probably better for his career to stay another season