You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

The shitty bit

Sadio Mané's £30m arrival will represent Liverpool's biggest transfer of the summer, but not their final one in all likelihood. #lfc (Echo)

The less shitty bit

Liverpool are also looking for a player who can control from the middle and offers defensive stability. #lfc (Echo)

The first part just means we won't sign someone for more than 30m, which is fine by me. Then the fact we are still looking at bringing in a midfielder irrespective of the Zielinski deal is very good to see. Although this probably means Dahoud will have no chance of happening which is a real shame.

Also, a few unreliable sources saying Benteke has agreed personal terms with Palace.

Benteke

Bolasie                      Townsend

If it happens that is a dangerous attack. With Puncheon and Zaha as backups as well. Could see Palace doing well this year.

Edit: Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: #LFC have received a bid of £25 million from Crystal Palace for Christian Benteke. (Bascombe)

Crystal Palace are awaiting a response to a £25m for Christian Benteke. Further talks are likely. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

Fuck, JP is gonna be right, isn't he? This place may need shutting down for a couple of days if this goes through.

This is good but Dahoud who seems to be the primary target for this role is not known for his strength and is more like Alonso than a Mascherano. I think we would need someone in the role of the latter than the former.

Dahoud is more in the Modric than Alonso/Mascherano. It's true he has a bit of a slight frame but he does put himself about. His work rate is excellent and his pressing and interception game is deceptively good for someone with his technical ability.

Crystal Palace are awaiting a response to a £25m for Christian Benteke. Further talks are likely. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

Fuck, JP is gonna be right, isn't he? This place may need shutting down for a couple of days if this goes through.

Let's say we negotiate a fee of £30M but their upper wage limit is £90k pw, they won't go beyond it and he refuses to take a cut.

We then only really got £20M once we make up the difference on the 4 years he has left, or have a £140k pw drain on resources sat in the stand and no funds to finish off our own much needed summer business; our choice.

If we get £30M and all his wages covered then great, but there's more to this than just the fee Palace will pay, and we bear livid purple scar tissue all round our shattered rectum testifying to how often we've borne the brunt of it.

• Upvote 4

While I can understand holding out for more in the current climate, it's still difficult to wrap my head around someone bidding £25m for Benteke, let alone the club rejecting it. Crazy days.

Why? Villa did just that last year. Ok, he didn't work out for us, but he has a record of scoring goals in this league when given the right service. He's better than troy deeney who had offers of 30m.

Why? Villa did just that last year. Ok, he didn't work out for us, but he has a record of scoring goals in this league when given the right service. He's better than troy deeney who had offers of 30m.

He's also probably on nearly a £100k per week more.

Let's say we negotiate a fee of £30M but their upper wage limit is £90k pw, they won't go beyond it and he refuses to take a cut.

We then only really got £20M once we make up the difference on the 4 years he has left, or have a £140k pw drain on resources sat in the stand and no funds to finish off our own much needed summer business; our choice.

If we get £30M and all his wages covered then great, but there's more to this than just the fee Palace will pay, and we bear livid purple scar tissue all round our shattered rectum testifying to how often we've borne the brunt of it.

He's agreed personal terms apparently, so all we've got to agree now is the fee between the two clubs.

He's agreed personal terms apparently, so all we've got to agree now is the fee between the two clubs.

If that's the case and we get the full £30M, chalk one up very firmly in the win column and let's get Ayre out doing victory figures of 8 on the Anfield turf with a topless waitress in his sidecar.

The shitty bit

Sadio Mané's £30m arrival will represent Liverpool's biggest transfer of the summer, but not their final one in all likelihood. #lfc (Echo)

The less shitty bit

Liverpool are also looking for a player who can control from the middle and offers defensive stability. #lfc (Echo)

Bit surprised we haven't seen more rumours of who this is likely to be.

The links to Dahoud are clear, but it is just about as clear that Monchengladbach aren't likely to sell.  They have no need to, financially, and surely after letting Xhaka leave they won't let him go for anything less than 35m or so (surely more than he's worth).

So you'd imagine we have a plan B, but it's been kept very carefully under wraps.  There were whispers of Witsel, but he's now meant to be off to Everton (again, for more money than he's worth).  Any ideas who else we might be/should be looking at?

I'm surprised we haven't seen any links to Leon Goretzka.  Young, German, quick, strong, plays that box-to-box style that Klopp seems to like (as opposed to someone like Geis, who plays behind him, who could be another option).  Available for the kind of fee we'd be offering for Dahoud (25m-ish) , and might be more ready as a player.

Or we could rekindle things for Ruben Neves, maybe a bit too young to slot right in but headed for the top of the game if he fulfills his potential.  Or possibly a wildcard like Bazoer?  You can always buy players from Ajax and though the Eredivisie isn't what it used to be he moves and plays in the Pogba mould, could be had for probably 25m or less.

Anyway, I'm not saying we'll definitely be after one of these players, I'm just surprised that the club has managed to keep the alternate midfield targets out of the press as well as they have.

Bit surprised we haven't seen more rumours of who this is likely to be.

The links to Dahoud are clear, but it is just about as clear that Monchengladbach aren't likely to sell.  They have no need to, financially, and surely after letting Xhaka leave they won't let him go for anything less than 35m or so (surely more than he's worth).

So you'd imagine we have a plan B, but it's been kept very carefully under wraps.  There were whispers of Witsel, but he's now meant to be off to Everton (again, for more money than he's worth).  Any ideas who else we might be/should be looking at?

I'm surprised we haven't seen any links to Leon Goretzka.  Young, German, quick, strong, plays that box-to-box style that Klopp seems to like (as opposed to someone like Geis, who plays behind him, who could be another option).  Available for the kind of fee we'd be offering for Dahoud (25m-ish) , and might be more ready as a player.

Or we could rekindle things for Ruben Neves, maybe a bit too young to slot right in but headed for the top of the game if he fulfills his potential.  Or possibly a wildcard like Bazoer?  You can always buy players from Ajax and though the Eredivisie isn't what it used to be he moves and plays in the Pogba mould, could be had for probably 25m or less.

Anyway, I'm not saying we'll definitely be after one of these players, I'm just surprised that the club has managed to keep the alternate midfield targets out of the press as well as they have.

If we are serious about Dahoud being a long term target, then I don't think we would be looking at young players like Neves or Bazoer. 

I think we are more in need of an experienced player. A player that I really think we should be interested in is Milan Badelj. He's a holding midfielder who also has good composure on the ball, he's 27 and has a lot of international experience with Croatia and he's played European football with Fiorentina as well.

As I've said before, I think Lass Diarra on a free would also be a great short term solution for our midfield. 

Yes fucking Please

Liverpool may have the chance to sign long-term target Ruben Neves in a discounted deal due to Porto's need to sell some of their youngsters in order to comply with UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules. 

According to Portuguese publication O Jogo, Porto need to make up a few million Euros in order to settle their accounts. Therefore, the club may be willing to sell Ruben Neves and Rui Pedro and the destination for both the youngsters could be England.

Liverpool’s long standing interest in Ruben Neves has been rumoured for a while, reports from last season claimed that Jürgen Klopp was keeping an eye on the midfielder and some stories even said that Porto told the Reds to forget about signing the youngster.

After the 19-year old suffered from a dip in form towards the end of last season, it looks as though his availability in the transfer market may have now changed. Neves currently has a €40m release clause, but as he isn't seen as a key member of the squad Porto know they would never get anywhere near that amount for him. 

Ruben Neves. The next big thing. Imagine if #lfc can land a guy like that. *licking lips*

11 Retweet 

Neves played 38 games in all competitions for Porto last season, scoring twice. He also currently has 2 full international caps for Portugal and his fine first touch, desire to press opponents and excellent distribution have drawn comparisons to compatriot João Moutinho. 

With Manchester United and Chelsea also having been linked to the player in the past, Liverpool may face a battle to complete the signing of the young midfielder. However, with undoubted talent and a potentially bargain transfer fee now seems the ideal time for Klopp to snap up this one for the future.