You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

I fucking hope he's more Yeboah than Yakubu.

At first I wasn't keen but I've warmed to the idea now. 1 goal every 2 games isn't too shabby. I just hope Rodge can get the best out of him. He has to really to rescue his career.

I think half the dissatisfaction with this signing is that Suarez was so good no other striker we are ever likely to sign is going to measure up, Benteke is going to be judged by an impossible yardstick by many . The positive thing is he will be better than anyone else we have atm with the exception of a fully fit Sturridge and we might never see that player again unfortunately

I think he'll be judged by the yardsticks of Balotelli, Lambert and due to price and size, Carroll. By those standards, he should do well.

I still think he and Rodgers are a poor fit though, and that he'll be labelled as a shite lump when he's inevitably left isolated and drifts out of games.

I take comfort from how highly he's rated by the Villa fans, who have seen far more of him than any of us lot. Comments like the following seem to be the norm on their forums at the moment:

The best all-round striker I've ever seen at Villa. Pace, power, skill and technique and no obvious weak points (ironically apart from his achilles heel!) He comes across as a very humble and likeable person as well. His goals have kept us up 3 years in a row, and he will go on to bigger and better things with my blessing- just hopefully not at Liverpool. Good luck Beast!

Class striker , much better than the team he is going to and 32.5m is going to look like a bargain

I don't begrudge him the move, I just can't believe he's "only" going to Liverpool. He should be playing alongside world class players and I'm struggling to think of a single one in their team... He's too good for them. Some truly big clubs are really missing out on a bargain.

It's been a pleasure to watch Benteke over the last few years. I started really watching football in 98 and he's the best forward I've seen in a Villa shirt.

His movement is superb and he manages to get himself unmarked so often, i just can't help but feel with the better service at Liverpool, he'll score a a hatful.

Movement, pace, power and finishing. It's sad to see him go.

• Upvote 2

Guest Super Sub

I see the Villa fans almost always manage to get a comment in about Liverpool, they fucking hate us don't they.

Enjoy the Championship you fucking twats.

To be fair I think most fans hate us.

Or at least msg fans seem to enjoy having a dig at the fact we haven't won the league in many years.

I see the Villa fans almost always manage to get a comment in about Liverpool, they fucking hate us don't they.

I've read a few corkers on there about a move from Villa to Liverpool being a sideways step at best. They seem to live in some strange paradox were they haven't almost been relegated three seasons in a row.

• Upvote 2

I sincerely hope he does well here. Good player. It's going to be tough, hope he can shake off his price tag and perform consistently to the standard of his last games at Villa (FA Cup final excluded), and can adapt a bit to our more measured approach, or that we can adapt some of our turgid crap to suit him.

Yep, I hope they go down and never come back up.

The Fabian Delph thread on Villa Talk is hilarious though.

To be fair I think most fans hate us.

Or at least msg fans seem to enjoy having a dig at the fact we haven't won the league in many years.

We can console ourselves with the fact they'll be stuck with a smelly minge.

• Upvote 2

Makes a change from some of the spite and pure hate you get on other forums. I've actually quite warmed to them after that. Good luck the villans.