You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

Christian Benteke is not keen on a move to Tottenham even if they agree a transfer with Aston Villa.

Benteke has been linked with a summer switch to White Hart Lane which would see Emmanuel Adebayor go the other way.

But Standard Sport understands the Belgium striker remains unhappy with the way Spurs acted when they tried to buy him two years ago and his preference is a move to Liverpool.

Benteke handed in a transfer request in 2013 because he thought Spurs were about to offer Villa £25million.

However, no bid was made, leaving Benteke in an awkward position and he eventually signed a new contract at Villa Park.

It is believed that chain of events has made Benteke wary of another approach.

There is also a suspicion over whether Tottenham can afford the fee given Benteke has a £32.5m release clause.

It is believed Spurs are only looking at players with a maximum price of £15m.

Their stance follows the disappointing performances of big-money buys Roberto Soladado and Erik Lamela, who cost a total of £56m in 2013.

An exclusive Benteke thread?

I like it.

The final nail in the coffin of the Summer transfers thread.

It was a great thread once once- now its just a toxic wasteland full of washed up has-beens dreaming of yesteryear.

Which reminds me. I better be getting back there

An exclusive Benteke thread?

I like it.

The final nail in the coffin of the Summer transfers thread.

It was a great thread once once- now its just a toxic wasteland full of washed up has-beens dreaming of yesteryear.

Which reminds me. I better be getting back there

It's like watching terrestrial TV turn into cable all over again.

Bentekes a fucking big stupid stack of shit that high useless twat. Useless thick lump to pang balls and get a knockdown off his head, smear velcro on the ball and his shirt and fire it so it sticks then he can walk in in shit goals he scores anyway everytime we are shit, i wont lie to you about your chance pants with your cletched pence but you have my sympathies. No empathy was presently possible, return to energiser, i have to go now my planet needs me. End cancer transfer remission tradition transmission.

• Downvote 1