You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Singers/Bands you can't stand

Section_31

I still call Dr Alban, 'Dr Alpen' & chuckle to myself about it from time to time.

The problem is that no-one has talked about Dr Alban for well over 10 years so I just look like an idiot laughing to himself about doctors & Alpen on the bus.

It's my fucking life, ok.

WTX1541.jpgdr_alban.jpg

Bizarrely, and despite me being a Blur fan back in the day, I used to refer to Damon Albarn as Damon Alpen. Because I reckon he enjoyed a good big bowl of the stuff, in between cans of lager and getting intimidated by the dirty pigeons.

• Upvote 3

I still call Dr Alban, 'Dr Alpen' & chuckle to myself about it from time to time.

The problem is that no-one has talked about Dr Alban for well over 10 years so I just look like an idiot laughing to himself about doctors & Alpen on the bus.

Posted ImagePosted Image

'He's got a Pine-apple on his head,he's got a pineapple on his head.'

Mook, fuck off. People atre being pricks now. AC/DC on this thread? The jam? Fucking hell.

down in the cunt station at midnight this thread. I'm having a red phoenix moment here. Colander, lightsaber the lot. you fucking pricks

Ha, ha, ha! This thread is fucking brilliant.

I remember being in town once and a car full of lads were driving around pumping out beats from their over-powered car stereo.  They thought they were boss and intimidating everyone.

Then this song came on their mixtape and everyone, even old people, were laughing at them.

They turned it down and drove off.

True story.

• Upvote 2

I remember being in town once and a car full of lads were driving around pumping out beats from their over-powered car stereo.  They thought they were boss and intimidating everyone.

Then this song came on their mixtape and everyone, even old people, were laughing at them.

They turned it down and drove off.

True story.

That's brilliant.  Out of rep sadly

There's a band I keep seeing on the telly and I want to kick the singer to death, then beat his mum and dad to death with his corpse.

They're called Years and Years.

The fucking shower of bastards.

My young lass has that song of theirs 'King' playing a lot on mtv when she's at home.  I hate to admit it but I like it.  They look like complete twats though

Bob Marley and anything associated with or even resembles that shite called reggae. I'd rather eat my own head than listen to it.

Oasis - Absolute dog shit and I don't give a fuck what anyone says about them. I'd love to twat that skinny manc cunt Liam with a pick axe smothered in ebola (the axe not me).

Also a band called Florence & The Machine. Fuckin detest them.

That is all.

For Now

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Razorlight

I laughed my head off at that all-too-obvious attempt at fame in America by writing a song called "America".  All this at a time when the country's international standing was at its lowest ever ebb following its global assault on anything it thought it didn't like. 

And Razorlight didn't have a bad word to say about it.

Bob Marley and anything associated with or even resembles that shite called reggae. I'd rather eat my own head than listen to it.

Oasis - Absolute dog shit and I don't give a fuck what anyone says about them. I'd love to twat that skinny manc cunt Liam with a pick axe smothered in ebola (the axe not me).

Also a band called Florence & The Machine. Fuckin detest them.

That is all.

For Now

Ha, ha, ha!!! Brilliant.

*Opens a bag of popcorn and sits back to wait for Bjornebye to arrive.*

Not sure how anyone could hate Bob Marley, it just doesn't seem possible.

Dub is one of my favourite musical genres as well, some boss stuff out there.

• Upvote 1

How can a band who sound like they're doing Slade b sides be almost sacred?

The World has finally gone mad.[/quote

This

Stig, I'll take this one.

Oasis??

Fuck off and get hemmaroids lad.

We're all entitled to our opinion mush. Mine's that I can"t stand the pair of Manc cunts and the drivel they pumped out.

• Upvote 1

18 odd pages in and no mention of The 1975. Absolutely fucking terrible, they allegedly sing songs but I'm fucked if I can recognise a single word on any of their singles. Mumble mumble mumble! is the extent of their lyrics. Fucking. Shite.

I'd never heard of them so searched Youtube. There are a few lyrics videos and I'd say it isn't so much mumbling as it is full-on whiny high-pitched quimmery. Utterly shite and an apt choice for this thread.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...