You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Well that's Walcott and his future medical fees sorted. Now what amaount are they offering for Sterling on top?

I didn't realize we had to give QPR 20%. Would be amazing if we clear 50M after paying them off. Out of interest, what possible part ex options look interesting? Walcott? Dzeko? Jovetic? Those three seem to be most often mentioned, but are there any other part ex options that would strengthen our team that are not as obvious?

I didn't realise that either. Also that article on the previous page gives a lot of insight into what's going on - if it's true.

The part-ex options have been uninspiring. Talk of Milner - either as part of this deal or not just depresses me.

I didn't realise that either. Also that article on the previous page gives a lot of insight into what's going on - if it's true.

The part-ex options have been uninspiring. Talk of Milner - either as part of this deal or not just depresses me.

Milner is out of contract at the end of season so wont be part of any sterling deal.

That said, Im thoroughly underwhelmed by the talk that we're after him. OK some people rate him but I was never impressed since his early days at leeds.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm liking this £60m talk. Hopefully FSG will own this shit knowing that if we don't get what we want he's got two years of service to give us.

If we get £60m for Sterling, then rather than a lie football will be a man called Dougie, who wears slippers on the street and wanders round Norwich shopping precinct with a Cornish pasty in his hand, shouting "Get away, it's a bomb".

• Upvote 1

Not in todays team apparently.

Good call if true. No upside to it at all.

And if Sterling goes for 60m, a player remember who is 20, has not won a thing, and still has several major flaws in his game, then something is fundamentally broken in the game of football.

Ironically, of course, by pursuing a sale that high, we are simply making our future purchases more costly by inflating the market. What's gonna happen when we want our own 20-year-old, not-won-a-thing, lots-of-flaws flavor of the season?

The mood music will play that Sterling is right to leave and we will cement ourselves as a footballing backwater akin to Everton when they sold Rooney.

However it's not all doom and gloom. Sterling is no Rooney and if we could secure anything above £30 million we'll definitely have git his value out of the deal. Just don't waste it.

He wil be sold. There is no doubt about it. Two seasons left in his contract? and you believe that the Hedge Fund Gang will risk losing £20m-£30m and allow his contract to run down the final year? He will be sold this summer (probably late August) and FSG will not even bother to re-invest the money. 

Sterling is nowhere near Rooney. Our club is plagued with some serious problems; losing Sterling is not one of them.

Losing our best talent isn't a problem? In my opinion you are deluded, just like the people who thought we'd have no problem without Suarez, or the ones who think that Rodgers will turn things around if he stays on.

In a way, though, you are right, delusion is our biggest problem. 

Fuck Sterling I have had enough of the little prick.

Rodgers for all his failures has bent over backwards to support him , at least publicly.

Whether he likes the set-up or not downing tools is a fucking disgrace and his lack of effort and goals this season has been a factor on our dismal performance.

I really thought he would heed the warnings and advice and sign a new contract but this fucking scumbag agent had him looking for the exit most of the season, 

Call me mad, but I think Raheem will stay providing we get the right manager in.

Ok, you're mad. Seriously though, I just dont see it. He knows the fans are on his case now and he'll never get the song he wanted.

I just think its past the point of no return. Just a question of when he goes and how much we get in my opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1