You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

The idea of some people enjoying a title win, and the celebrations, last season if Gerrard doesn't slip over actually irritates me.

They don't deserve it.

Worse. Some of the clowns on here wouldn't have enjoyed winning it cos Brendan Rodgers was manager.

Worse. Some of the clowns on here wouldn't have enjoyed winning it cos Brendan Rodgers was manager.

Mate, pound to a penny they'd still be giving it the "It was all Suarez" shite even if we'd won it. 

Having your initial judgement accepted as being proven right is the most important thing. Everything else has to feed into that. Loads of people have valid doubts and criticisms but there's a special breed of bell on here that just manipulates anything they can to fuck up a sensible conversation on things. Bizarre way to be about your own club.

• Upvote 3

All this fuss and noise from people who don't even go to support the team.  What's caused all this?

How many games do I have to go and see to have a valid opinion on relentlessly negative knobheads...just so I know before we start. In case we're wasting time here.

The way I look at it is that it was down to both of them. Suarez was obviously talented before Rodgers became manager but he couldn't finish his dinner. Rodgers made him score goals. He got two players in (Coutinho and Sturridge while integrating Sterling) and built a system that maximised it's potential in doing what wins football matches. I would argue that both of flourished because of each other. A marriage of convenience really.

Kane may have been shit before that but Pochettino took the gamble in picking him and it paid off. He deserves the credit and it's because of him why he's scored goals. It's why he would deserve flack if he didnt score goals.

Suarez says in his book that Rodgers helped him a lot.

• Upvote 1

How many games do I have to go and see to have a valid opinion on relentlessly negative knobheads...just so I know before we start. In case we're wasting time here.

Well, you are wasting time a bit.  You're shouting at people who have a different opinion to you about something that you're interested in.   Who are probably having a nice cup of tea and wondering what shirt they might wear for work tomorrow.

And at least 100.

Well, you are wasting time a bit.  You're shouting at people who have a different opinion to you about something that you're interested in.   Who are probably having a nice cup of tea and wondering what shirt they might wear for work tomorrow.

And at least 100.

Shouting at people? No Stringy, I'm posting about people. Not at them, about them. I might as well talk to next door's cat than try to talk at or to them.

Also, as I pointed out above, it's not about different opinions. People have lots of them, sensible ones. They aren't the oddballs that contort themselves any way possible to be negative as fuck.

Good to see that I pass the mark on the games, was worried there for a minute I was going to lose my privileges.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I also pass the mark, but haven't been in ages. Does my view expire? I'm missing it less and less.

I jest. I only came in here for the shits and giggles. There were only shits.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

who are you?

I'm Penny Crayon's older brother, Alfred Pencil.

I'm not sure why we have different last names. Maybe she was adopted.

Fuck, maybe I was.

I'm tired and need to go to bed.

The evidence suggests that before Rodgers came in, Suarez wasn't a prolific striker. By the time he left, he was.

It could be down to all kinds of different variables, one of which is Rodgers.

I think it's fair to say that Rodgers set the team up in a way that maximised his goalscoring ability. That's a good thing, not something that should be used as a stick to beat him with.

• Upvote 3

The way I look at it is that it was down to both of them. Suarez was obviously talented before Rodgers became manager but he couldn't finish his dinner. Rodgers made him score goals. He got two players in (Coutinho and Sturridge while integrating Sterling) and built a system that maximised it's potential in doing what wins football matches. I would argue that both of flourished because of each other. A marriage of convenience really.

Kane may have been shit before that but Pochettino took the gamble in picking him and it paid off. He deserves the credit and it's because of him why he's scored goals. It's why he would deserve flack if he didnt score goals.

Fucking hell.