You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW picks the team v Arsenal

Paco

TLW picks the team v Arsenal  

14 members have voted

1. 1. who starts?

2. 2. what formation?

I'd like to take the positives out of that, but it really wasn't a good performance, it was a patchy one, where one side of the game starts to flatter us and the defence still looks shocking.

Basically we can press, and if we get Sturridge back and another striker we might score. But no side can build success on having to score three goals in order to win a game against a side they're battering.

To answer your first point, I can't agree, we completely dominated them from start to finish. If we had a goalkeeper who could save more than 1/3 shots on target, we would have won.

To answer the second point, we had a lot of success last season doing exactly what you say no side can build success doing.  

• Upvote 1

Third season and we still defend like amateurs, failure to recruit a striker worthy of the name in the summer despite having the funds. Saying nothing at the time about problems with the transfer policy, signing new lucrative contract. Could go on ,

One striker is injured another banned and another got sent off. Gerrard gave away a stupid free kick with seconds to go to half time for the first goal and hit a Hollywood pass which was cut out for their second goal.

Rodgers has made mistakes but the team he set up were easily the better side today and he imo dos'nt deserve criticism for not winning today.

• Upvote 3

Rodgers can't get criticism for the set up of the team today or to set up of a defence. we dominated Arsenal out there today. the defenders we have, made errors again but the tactics and the performance were 10/10. if sturridge was fit for that game or if we had bit more luck with finishes it would have been a similar scoreline to last season

• Upvote 1

One striker is injured another banned and another got sent off. Gerrard gave away a stupid free kick with seconds to go to half time for the first goal and hit a Hollywood pass which was cut out for their second goal.

Rodgers has made mistakes but the team he set up were easily the better side today and he imo dos'nt deserve criticism for not winning today.

There was one huge reason why I think he deserves stick . The useless gimp stuck between our posts

Rodgers can't get criticism for the set up of the team today or to set up of a defence. we dominated Arsenal out there today. the defenders we have, made errors again but the tactics and the performance were 10/10. if sturridge was fit for that game or if we had bit more luck with finishes it would have been a similar scoreline to last season

Older female relative + Testicles = last year.

• Upvote 1

Comes down to his signings and he knows it.  He buys a striker worth his salt and we would have been quite a few up before halftime.

We are nine points behind West Ham and ten points behind an atrocious United side.

I doubt that many people give a fuck about Rodgers one way or another at this point. Winning the league is out, at Christmas, and we need an awful lot to go right for us and against other clubs to save anything from the league.

He may have survived another week, but the club is treading water.

To answer your first point, I can't agree, we completely dominated them from start to finish. If we had a goalkeeper who could save more than 1/3 shots on target, we would have won.

To answer the second point, we had a lot of success last season doing exactly what you say no side can build success doing.  

I think we dominated possession and harried them well. Whilst that's good, it's not really achieving anything without finishing or defending properly. Without those, I'm not sure I could really consider it a decent performance, we've just got an area or two in which we're proficient, but still missing the important ones that win games.

On building success, I think you can get away with a leaking defence that lets in a couple of goals a game whilst you have a pair of the most in form strikers on the planet finding the net, as we did last season. Actually building a team for more than a season on that lopsided approach is altogether different though.

double post

Was I not clear? I don't give a fuck about what Rodgers could do or could not do. But since you asked, he got what he bargained for with Jones and stayed with Gerrard, who was his Stevie Me worst today, for far too long.

Hardly matters given our current situation.

Comes down to his signings and he knows it.  He buys a striker worth his salt and we would have been quite a few up before halftime.

We are nine points behind West Ham and ten points behind an atrocious United side.

I agree with you on the signings but overall we were the far better side today and deserved more than a draw. Wenger has spent some big money on that Arsenal team, Welbeck, Sanchez, Ozil and they were out played, so which manager deserves the flak after the two sides performances today.

I agree with you on the signings but overall we were the far better side today and deserved more than a draw. Wenger has spent some big money on that Arsenal team, Welbeck, Sanchez, Ozil and they were out played, so which manager deserves the flak after the two sides performances today.

Deserving more means nothing though, does it. Rodgers has spent 200 odd million for a team that is 10th place close to half way through the season.

It sounds negative but once you look at it objectively, that's what it is.