You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO stevebaby

Champ

Steve, I don't know whether you will see all these lovely messages people have written for you or maybe someone will read them to you.

I am writing this to you from my garden. It is the first day this year the weather has been nice enough to sit outside. I have a cup of coffee beside me and I have been watching a small group of midgie things dancing in the sunlight a few feet over the soil. It feels kind of fitting in the way you have found so much joy in the small things, ladies bits aside, in life and reminded us what the really important things are.

So many of us have said it before...but it bears repeating...it is such a privilege to know you and for you to have shared your experiences of your last journey with us. We are all beside you, Steve.

Love Cath x

• Upvote 6

Been following this for a while but haven't commented yet, I've just been truly amazed and inspired by Steve and humbled by the wonderful people of the GF who have banded together during this.

I'd just like to say, Steve, you are the fucking man, rest easy mate.

YNWA

What a weirdly wonderful thread.  I don't know what to think.  So very sad to see this happen to a man, but also great to share the last weeks and months with such a fantastic attitude and great stories.

I reckon typing "YNWA" here would annoy him as much as it annoys me, so I'm going to do it as a last wind up to a fella whose strength of character has left me in awe.

What a top top bloke.  YNWA (and you didn't)

• Upvote 1

I'm shit at this sort of thing as I deal with things like this by largely ignoring it all and hoping it will all miraculously get better.

Thoughts with Steve and the guys who've been visiting him. Good people all round, if you can pass on my regards it would be greatly appreciated. 

Must go now as I appear to have something in my eye.

Of all the fucking threads to accidentally neg, can someone do the honours and I'll delete this.

• Upvote 1

Shitting bollocks. 

Steve, you've fought like a beast, from the bottom of my heart I thank your for allowing us to share this walk with you as far as we could, for the laughter and the smiles in the face of adversity. Most of all, thank you for choosing us. 

Rest easy mate, x 

• Upvote 1

What I wrote before seems so trite. Wish i could write all kinds of flowery prose, witty remarks and more. All I can say Steve is that I have been humbled and enlightened by this thread. Laughter and tears, wish I could just wish you well. Safe journey my friend, lets hope your next big adventure is about to begin

• Upvote 1

]What I wrote before seems so trite. Wish i could write all kinds of flowery prose, witty remarks and more. All I can say Steve is that I have been humbled and enlightened by this thread. Laughter and tears, wish I could just wish you well. Safe journey my friend, lets hope your next big adventure is about to begin

You're not the only one mate.

Having been through it all with Carly I feel I should somehow be able to express my thoughts and feelings more eloquently. It just doesn't come out though, all you wanna do is shout; it's a cunt and it's not fair.

It's all the more frustrating given the number of amazing PM's Steve sent me supporting both Carly and I and summing up our exact thoughts and fears with such ease.

The bloke told me the week Carly was diagnosed he knew cancer would finally beat him but he never gave in and fought the good fight. He's a true legend.

Steve - whenever and wherever you end up mate, give Carly a kiss for me. She'd love you to give her a flash too!

I'm going to stop now as I'm out with the dog and I look a fucking state crying in front of everyone.

• Upvote 16

I haven't logged into the site for some time. I have , however kept up to date with this thread. Like all of us, I have been astonished with Steve's spirit positivity and bravery. A special guy who faced his fears and beat them with a big fuck off stick. God bless you Steve. I will not forget the help I received from many on here when my sister passed away just over a year ago. Once again you have done the City of Liverpool proud.

• Upvote 1

Steve, your bravery, fight, and character has been a lesson to us all in how to face adversity with courage, dignity, and a mischievous twinkle in the eye. I only hope the last leg of your journey is as peaceful and comfortable as possible.

As for the lads out in Oz, the generosity in both time and spirit you boys have shown has been incredible. To think the GF was able to bring together a group of people in a place so far away, to bring companionship to a fellow Red, is really quite remarkable.

Astonishing people, all of you.

• Upvote 1

Steve, your bravery, fight, and character has been a lesson to us all in how to face adversity with courage, dignity, and a mischievous twinkle in the eye. I only hope the last leg of your journey is as peaceful and comfortable as possible.

As for the lads out in Oz, the generosity in both time and spirit you boys have shown has been incredible. To think the GF was able to bring together a group of people in a place so far away, to bring companionship to a fellow Red, is really quite remarkable.

My opinion of Australians has gone up...you are forgiven for Harry Kewell and Brad Jones,

• Upvote 4

Sums it all up really,feel privileged to be part of this small community which has reached out to a fellow red and shared stories,enjoyed the photos,and fully endorse the comments about the lads(and lady)in Australia who made the time to make one of our owns last days more bearable with visits,gifts,stories,ice cream shop trips,pub visits.truly humbling and puts trivial shit in our own lives into context. God bless you stevebaby,and if there is a god and green jesus is your son,look after steve,hes one of the best.

• Upvote 3

I'm going to stop now as I'm out with the dog and I look a fucking state crying in front of everyone.

Should have seen the state of me earlier mate, I ducked into this thread at work to see if there had been any update after last night, read the posts and was sat there at my desk with a manly tear sliding down my face.  Bird who sits next to me noticed but didn't say anything, bless her.  Smoked a spliff and had a beer tonight, raised to Steve.  Might be on his final journey at last but he's not alone.

• Upvote 2

Been dreading this.  Just hope Steve doesn't have to endure too much more suffering and finds peace soon. Take care mate.  You're the man.

KMD7 is back in da house!

Normal order has been resumed! So much so it didnt register yesterday

I don't think I've had the pleasure of conversing with Steve on here but I have loosely followed the thread and think it's been incredible how brave he's been sharing his experiences on this thread and the cancer thread, and it's equally ace to see how supportive folks on here have been (the Fowler video was just amazing, top marks to the guy that helped arrange that, and Robbie himself).

All I can say is clearly Steve is loved and I hope the support he's got from here and his friends and family in the real world have helped through something as shit as cancer is, and I hope things can be as comfortable as possible for him now. YNWA.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I've had the pleasure of conversing with Steve on here but I have loosely followed the thread and think it's been incredible how brave he's been sharing his experiences on this thread and the cancer thread, and it's equally ace to see how supportive folks on here have been (the Fowler video was just amazing, top marks to the guy that helped arrange that, and Robbie himself).

All I can say is clearly Steve is loved and I hope the support he's got from here and his friends and family in the real world have helped through something as shit as cancer is, and I hope things can be as comfortable as possible for him now. YNWA.

Not just a football forum.

We're a community.

• Upvote 2