You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UCL - Liverpool v Ludogorets

Paco

For a split second i didn't think he was going to, thankfully he did.

When you see it from the low angle behind Manquillo (which they never showed on the English broadcast for some reason) there was no chance he wasn't going down.  The keeper completely took him out at the knees, would have been very tough for him to stay on his feet even if his life had depended on it.

• Upvote 1

When you see it from the low angle behind Manquillo (which they never showed on the English broadcast for some reason) there was no chance he wasn't going down.  The keeper completely took him out at the knees, would have been very tough for him to stay on his feet even if his life had depended on it.

Yep.  Clear foul when viewed from the correct angle

A win. Thnk you very much. And wasn't it great having a CL night back at Anfield?Delighted for SuperMario getting off the mark.The performance wasn't convincing, but the result is all that will be remembered. It is easy to forget that our last CL campaign under Rafa was an embarrassing humiliation. We have a lucky three points in the bag.It was also good to see Basel take a battering at Madrid. They have the potential to be far more dangerous than the Bulgarians so a confidence sapping defeat for them was a double bonus for us.

Our first CL campaign under Rafa was kind of underwhelming at the group stage as well, and we all know how that turned out. Need to be better obviously but a win is a win and hopefully we hit our stride sooner than later. Need our best players to be better though, and as last season where at times we lived and died with Suarez, I think we live and die with Raheem this year. A lot of pressure on the young man and Studge and Coutinho can have something to say about that but one is injury prone and one is very out of form for a reason no one besides him knows (and I'm

not even sure he knows).

Game management (which Rodgers often mentions) was sorely missing after we scored, it's really basic stuff, there shouldn't have been a gaping hole in the center of our midfield in the last minute of the game, the Ludogorets player had all the time in the world to receive the ball and do what he wanted, that's inexcusable.

When Sterling (who was fouled imo) was running with it there was no need for all our midfielders to all be pushing so far up like that, just sit in and leave the 3 forwards to it at that point in the game.

This I'm afraid. Is a general problem, and is totally shocking when 1 up in the last minute. Is an issue Rodgers need to sort, and is a combination of tactical and personnel issues.

This I'm afraid. Is a general problem, and is totally shocking when 1 up in the last minute. Is an issue Rodgers need to sort, and is a combination of tactical and personnel issues.

Yep, think were all used to it by now, it can be excused at times but when winning by the odd goal with 1 minute left (in any game) its utterly inexcusable, to be brutally honest it's completely fucking brainless.

I don't understand why we seem incapable of being solid in the last 5/10 minutes to see a game out, it's nearly always nervy/sketchy when we have a 1 goal lead.

Good to see Chelsea getting held.  

Normally I wouldn't mind Man City getting beat by a last minute goal but my mate's a City supporter and I want to borrow his bike rack tomorrow.  Mention the footy, and he'll tell me to do one.  If I don't mention it, he'll think I'm taking the piss.  

Chelsea fucking up is a safe conversation

I think once Balotelli has a few goals he'll be excellent for us, he steps out of the 18 yard box to receive the ball, he can hold it up brilliantly, is a genuine threat at all times and is also willing to play it out as well. Once he gets a sense of where the runners are (which will be helped by two things. One, the attacking support actually making those runs and Two, Sturridge playing off the last man) we'll be causing a lot of problems in that area.

It's just not quite working with so many new pieces and him up there on his own (because then all that dropping off amounts to just leaving the 18 yard box empty, which doesn't help matters).

Don't really know where to put this but absolutely love the 2 new FBs, they've been an absolute revelation, Moreno looks like an absolute world beater and Manquillo is fucking boss too, proper defender first and foremost and from last nights evidence not afraid to get right up there, noticed how high their starting positions have been at times will be key to our play for years to come. 

• Upvote 2

We can criticise the naivety of Moreno supporting Sterling in the 90th minute but it was Manquillo who won the penalty in the 93rd.

If that's our style we have to accept the consequences (although a bit of experience will go a long way).

This makes no sense at all. Of course it's legitimate to question the decision of a full back to bomb forward in the 90th minute when you're on a 1-0 lead.

Manquillo getting forward in overtime when we're chasing the game and desperately need a goal is a completely different matter.

It's so obvious I just can't get my head around this kind of comparison.

cus you either have a mind set that involves the fullbacks getting forward or you don't.

It makes no sense to coach a team to push our fullbacks forward only when chasing a game.

I agree Moreno should not have left us exposed at that point in the game but if that is part of our DNA it is likely to happen until they learn to temper this instinct. That comes from experience.