You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

Had to pick my lad up from nursery yesterday as he had a temperature so it's a day of working from home for me. He's 4 so it's not too bad although he'll be pestering me to play with him when i'm on conference calls no doubt!

He starts School in September. Madness.

Mine is 4 in a few days and also starts school in September. Where the fuck that time has gone I have no idea...

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been for the 12 week scan (at 9 O'clock) this morning, look set to be joining this not so exclusive club. A mixture of relief that everything was ok this time and just excitement.

Baby due on 7th December.

• Upvote 10

Been for the 12 week scan (at 9 O'clock) this morning, look set to be joining this not so exclusive club. A mixture of relief that everything was ok this time and just excitement.

Good news,you'll start enjoying Xmas now its magic when you have kids.

• Upvote 2

Oh, wow, you kept that one quiet! Superb stuff. Got everything crossed for you.

You'll be needing that new place for all the shit so-called friends are about to palm off on you

• Upvote 1

I don't know. It has flown over. Not ever had a moment to sit and reflect about being his dad. Just whirlwind all the way. Amazing time.

6cb86a2f330b5fbfbd98887fbaf737df.jpg

He also thinks pigeons are the best thing ever.

How did I miss that picture? Look at those little jellies! So Sweeeeeeeeet

• Upvote 1

My wife was measuring slightly under (she's 35 weeks) so we went for a scan yesterday. The baby is currently breach & the nurse was saying she should have spun by now so my wife should start thinking about a c-section. She's at the mid-wife next Thursday so maybe another scan the week after.

I hope she stays breach. The whole birth scenario just sounds horrific to me. A c-section seems a lot less fuss & easier. Also, be good to have a specific date rather than 'when she comes'. I'm impatient at the best of times so will be happier getting her earlier.

Been to anti-natal tonight. This might sound harsh but it's pointless the blokes going. It's purely for the woman & men were just referenced to 'support' which I didn't need to sit through a 3 hour presentation to know. I know we're largely bystanders & the women are doing all the work but it'd be nice to at least feel valued & important.

• Upvote 2

My wife was measuring slightly under (she's 35 weeks) so we went for a scan yesterday. The baby is currently breach & the nurse was saying she should have spun by now so my wife should start thinking about a c-section. She's at the mid-wife next Thursday so maybe another scan the week after.

I hope she stays breach. The whole birth scenario just sounds horrific to me. A c-section seems a lot less fuss & easier. Also, be good to have a specific date rather than 'when she comes'. I'm impatient at the best of times so will be happier getting her earlier.

Been to anti-natal tonight. This might sound harsh but it's pointless the blokes going. It's purely for the woman & men were just referenced to 'support' which I didn't need to sit through a 3 hour presentation to know. I know we're largely bystanders & the women are doing all the work but it'd be nice to at least feel valued & important.

get on the gas and air when you get to that bit.  Fab and free.  I must have got through a couple of bottles of the stuff.  

• Upvote 1

Been for the 12 week scan (at 9 O'clock) this morning, look set to be joining this not so exclusive club. A mixture of relief that everything was ok this time and just excitement. Baby due on 7th December.

Well played, lad.  Many congratulations.  It's the best buzz ever.

I've a 8.5 month old and he's just an awesome little kid.

And don't mind what people say about the end of life as you know it etc etc.  You adapt and get on with things, I still have good nights out although me and the wife probably go out less together, more so individually with our own mates, just so we're not constantly calling on babysitters.

• Upvote 1

It certainly changes Xmas forever! Instead of trying to beat the record for nights out in one month, it's now all about finding the coolest present money can buy.

I've always stood by the belief that a little bit of disappointment is character building

Champ knows, just wish Mrs Robbo did as well!

The things they asked for when they were little and never got is the stuff of family folklore now.

Weirdly, the less they get (within reason) the less they seem to ask for. Works treat

My son is 4 months old today. It has been amazing. It has been terrifying, tiring and bloody expensive but also the best experience anyone could ever have!

So here's a few pictures.

Gillan aged six day back in February

And aged about 5 1/2 weeks

My son is 4 months old today. It has been amazing. It has been terrifying, tiring and bloody expensive but also the best experience anyone could ever have!

So here's a few pictures.

Gillan aged six day back in February

And aged about 5 1/2 weeks

Are we playing peek-a-boo?