You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dead Redemption

Section_31

I've given it about five or six hours now and I'm starting to get into this game.

I'm still early on in story terms, but I'm beasting people at poker and continually getting side tracked hunting down bandits (though I've yet to take one alive). Now that a few new weapons are opening up and I'm finally in tune with the campfire / quick transport system it's becoming a lot more fun.

It helps that I've now got a shotgun; I always find that's the moment I really start enjoying shooting combat as it takes me back to the good old days of Doom II's Super Shotgun.

I hated Undead Nightmare. I was really pissed off that they couldn't have done a proper story DLC rather than something with fucking zombies.

Yeah I'm no fan of zombies at all, and it'd surely have been easy to turn it into a proper western adventure.

Games like this don't get the credit they deserve. There's a lot of lazy games out there for my money, shoot em ups especially, where the stories get shorter and shorter replaced by bigger online elements, but some of the dialogue and character building in Red Dead shits all over most films. It's a gem, right up there with Deus Ex, Street Fighter 2 and Final Fantasy VII in my all time greats.

Oddly enough, just started playing this again last week, it's immense. I'd forgotten absolutely loads as well.

Mark, how come you aren't on FB anymore? i miss your sarcastic updates...

Oddly enough, just started playing this again last week, it's immense. I'd forgotten absolutely loads as well.

Mark, how come you aren't on FB anymore? i miss your sarcastic updates...

I just kind of got bored of it mate, few people on there I couldn't delete without getting loads of fallout but no longer wanted them knowing my business.

As for this, think I need an ammo cheat, can't be arsrd scrounging around for bullets, I want to cap motherfuckers.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...