You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Roy Keane played for us

Kevin D

Would you like Keane  

60 members have voted

1. 1. So?

• Yes. He'd be our cunt.
    • No. He is a prick.

Roy Keane was a better player than Paul Ince. Also, the Paul Ince that came to Liverpool was on the way down. Had we bought Roy Keane from Forest and had him for a decade, he would have been a great player for us and - though we can't know for sure - we'd have won no.19 and more besides. 

I think that we probably would.  And most of our fans on here would have been taking the Stu Monty defence and calling Haaland a Norwegian shitbag who deserved everything he got, etc.

However from the time Rafa eased him out in 2005, Keane would then have slagged off the Spanish influence, Xabi Alonso (for taking his place), Dalglish (past it), Hodgson (shit) Rodgers (too inexperienced), Torres (giving up), Gerrard (coasting), Henderson (being weak), Sterling (too much money) and people would have got a bit tired of him.

• Upvote 4

I'm with Stu on this. Keane's tackle on Haaland is no worse than Gerrard's on Boateng. In fact if anything Gerrard's was worse. And I've heard loads of players say similar things to Keane about waiting for a chance to get their own back on another player. All that aside he's obviously a massive cunt. Keane that is. Well, Stu as well, but that's another thread.

I'm with Stu on this. Keane's tackle on Haaland is no worse than Gerrard's on Boateng. In fact if anything Gerrard's was worse. And I've heard loads of players say similar things to Keane about waiting for a chance to get their own back on another player. All that aside he's obviously a massive cunt. Keane that is. Well, Stu as well, but that's another thread.

I think stu is disregarding Keane's intent and the context of what happened in general. Bad tackles happen all of the time but Keane took it one step further, imo.

I looked at the tackle and it's pretty brutal. Youtube also provided other suggestions; Roy Keane stamps on Gareth Southgate; Roy Keane punches Alan Shearer; Roy and Patrick Viera fight - I had forgotten just how mental he was. On the other hand, though wiki provided a lot of ace quotes such as:

About Ferdinand.

"Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar."

"Mick, you're a liar... you're a fucking wanker. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a fucking wanker and you can stick your World Cup up your arse. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country! You can stick it up your bollocks.”

"A couple of weeks before that I was asked to do the United game against Celtic at Old Trafford. I think I've done it once for Sky. Never again. I'd rather go to the dentist. You're sitting there with people like Richard Keys and they're trying to sell something that's not there." Keane added, "Any time I watch a game on television I have to turn the commentators off".

"There is a shortage of characters in this team. It seems to be in this club that you have to play badly to be rewarded. Maybe that is what I should do when I come back. Play badly. There is talk about putting this right in January and bringing new players in. We should be doing the opposite - we should be getting rid of people in January."

• Upvote 1

Why is he going into bushes with strange men after a night on the ale?

Maybe he's gay.

I don't mind Keane. Would have loved him at Liverpool. Very much a mentalist, though, and what he did to Haaland (or whatever his name is) was appalling. The altercation with Shearer was funny. Shearer owned him and then Keane got sent off to boot.

He's an ok pundit. Offers something different.

I like him now as a pundit, because he is refreshingly honest. Going off that id say i would probably have loved him if he was our player.

Saying that the episode with Haaland was disgusting and he should be man enough to admit it too.

So I said I'd never heard of a Liverpool player saying anything like that, which I haven't and neither have you, but this is a false claim because they probably would say it if I asked them?

Carragher said on his book he was going to send the boys around to break lucas neils legs (or words to similar).I know he didn't carry it out but I don't doubt for a second if the opportunity arose he worked snap his leg without a millimetre of regret. It's fair game in my eyes, live by the sword die by the sword.

• 5 years later...

Love him as a pundit. Everything he said about those players is what we would say on here. It's just that no other pundit bar Souey would say what he says. Neville and Carra give it socks to other players but not a chance they would go in on Maguire and De Gea like Keane. 

Genuinely feared for Evra. You could see Keano was thinking murderous thoughts when he defended those players. Finished the job that Luis wanted to do.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Love him as a pundit. Everything he said about those players is what we would say on here. It's just that no other pundit bar Souey would say what he says. Neville and Carra give it socks to other players but not a chance they would go in on Maguire and De Gea like Keane. 

Genuinely feared for Evra. You could see Keano was thinking murderous thoughts when he defended those players. Finished the job that Luis wanted to do.

Agree. He's very entertaining. 

53 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I like him. But I'm not having Liverpool fans calling him keano. He's Keane. Or that cunt Keane. 

• Upvote 4

I think his main problem is he doesn’t understand why everyone can’t do what he did. Add that to the fact he is unhinged and it’s a recipe for disaster.

I’d genuinely have hated having him in my team or god forbid had him as my manager if I was a player. I still remember his punditry not long after he left Man U and was still seriously bitter, Nani got sent off and all the others were saying it was harsh. He was adamant it was a sending off even though it was nowhere near one of his own atrocities. They started to disagree a bit and he went right on the turn. All of a sudden you could see it dawn on the others that they were trapped in a small

space with an angry, dangerous psychopath and they decided he had been right after all.

• Upvote 1

I buzz off Keane. Hated him as a player for United, but thought he was brilliant through gritted teeth. Would have fucking loved him here, but it wouldn’t have helped unless we’d have bought a sound keeper and some defenders to go with him.

Evra though. Such a cunt.