You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Roy Keane played for us

Kevin D

Would you like Keane  

60 members have voted

1. 1. So?

• Yes. He'd be our cunt.
    • No. He is a prick.

Having someone stamp on you is fuck all. I've had it. Not nice but it isn't going to break your leg. The Boateng tackle is as bad as any you'll see, full force, knee-high on a leg thats straight and planted in the ground. A proper, proper, leg-breaker.

Ans as Section says about Keane, he knows what he's doing

Which makes it a cunts trick! 

I was talking about Keane with my boss who is from Cork the other day and he said that Keane is like he is because that's what they are like where he is from. They don't pull any punches and they say what they think. 

I don't buy that. Roy Keane isn't a horrible prick because of where he's from. He'd be a horrible prick no matter where he grew up. I'm not sure even Man Utd fans are particularly fond of him. You hear a lot of "great player, but..." formulations from them.

I don't buy that. Roy Keane isn't a horrible prick because of where he's from. He'd be a horrible prick no matter where he grew up. I'm not sure even Man Utd fans are particularly fond of him. You hear a lot of "great player, but..." formulations from them.

I was referring more to his honest approach. 

Bollocks. Not even debating it Mark. You might want to google Graham Souness or watch that Gerrard Tackle on Boateng again.

Blinkers.

Players clatter people in the heat of a match when their blood is up, Keane admits he waited four years for the chance to do it. Gerrard phoned Boateng afterwards to apologise, Keane said he had no regrets even after he'd seen the extent of the injury and stood over him while he was getting treatment to call him all the cunts going.

When you consider all this was just down to a throwaway comment by Haaland years earlier after Keane injured himself after admitting he'd been trying to trip Haaland up, we're basically entering borderline psychopath territory here.

• Upvote 2

Which makes it a cunts trick! 

Right? We aren't arguing if he's a cunt or not. We're arguing why he's the only one called a cunt for doing what other do.

I'm saying this "set out to injure a fellow pro" shit that gets trotted out as if it's unique is nonsense. He set out to fucking smash him, knowing what that might bring. It's not the same as setting out to injure him.

If you think that recklessly endangering other players is a cunt's trick then fair enough. Gerrard's just as much of a cunt then.

Right? We aren't arguing if he's a cunt or not. We're arguing why he's the only one called a cunt for doing what other do.

I'm saying this "set out to injure a fellow pro" shit that gets trotted out as if it's unique is nonsense. He set out to fucking smash him, knowing what that might bring. It's not the same as setting out to injure him.

If you think that recklessly endangering other players is a cunt's trick then fair enough. Gerrard's just as much of a cunt then.

That is not why we are arguing at all.

The argument is wether or not Keane is a cunt for what he did to Haaland. Section calls it bang on the money. You are bringing others into it, i'm not saying others haven't been guilty of cunty tackles but this is a thread about Keane. 

What he did was fucking bang out of order , for the very reasons pointed out to you. 

• Upvote 1

I was referring more to his honest approach. 

I don't think Roy Keane is even particularly honest. You can see him trying to weasel out of what was written in the book here.

After the Observer interview was conducted, Keane apparently rang the magazine to stress he had "never in my career set out to deliberately injure any player" and had made "a genuine effort to play the ball" in the incident.

Players clatter people in the heat of a match when their blood is up, Keane admits he waited four years for the chance to do it. Gerrard phoned Boateng afterwards to apologise, Keane said he had no regrets even after he'd seen the extent of the injury.

And how does any of that make your claim that you've never seen or heard of  a Liverpool player doing it any more true? It just makes him more honest about it.

Ask Souness about his victims, see how much remorse you get. 

And how does any of that make your claim that you've never seen or heard of  a Liverpool player doing it any more true? It just makes him more honest about it.

Souness is a bigger cunt than Keane !!!!

Just because he was our cunt it doesn't make him a cunt. 

That is not why we are arguing at all.

The argument is wether or not Keane is a cunt for what he did to Haaland. Section calls it bang on the money. You are bringing others into it, i'm not saying others haven't been guilty of cunty tackles but this is a thread about Keane. 

What he did was fucking bang out of order , for the very reasons pointed out to you. 

I don't dislike him.

Also, for the nine-hundreth time, he didn't set out to injure another player any more than Gerrard and loads of other reds has on a number of occasions. He set out to put a bad tackle on him. 

He just had the balls to admit to it.

That's what I said. 

Not whether he's a cunt or not. If you read what I actually post then it's easier.

And how does any of that make your claim that you've never seen or heard of a Liverpool player doing it any more true? It just makes him more honest about it.

So I said I'd never heard of a Liverpool player saying anything like that, which I haven't and neither have you, but this is a false claim because they probably would say it if I asked them?

So I said I'd never heard of a Liverpool player saying anything like that, which I haven't and neither have you, but this is a false claim because they probably would say it if I asked them?

You said you'd never seen or heard anything like it. Gerrard on Boateng is like it, it's worse for me, and if you think our enforcer on their enforcer isn't something thought about before the game even kicks off then you're a more generous man than me. 

And yes, I've heard Souness talk about settling scores with people. You'd have to have a pretty naive view of footballers to think they don't look to settle old scores through their careers.

Keane had the balls to admit to it. That's all.

He's have been the perfect signing back then when we were a team in transition: Can you imagine the short shrift he'd have given the likes of Ruddock and all the other fat freeloaders we carried for so long? Not to mention the rocket he'd have put up the ones that were young, talented and worth keeping like Macca, Redknapp and God. Actually, just thinking of a Keane/ Redknapp midfield duo with Barnes and Macca on the wings make me sex wee.

Or, alternatively, being as he was just 21 when he left Forest in 1993, he'd have got fucked off at the wasters and the culture a the club and put in a transfer request by 1995..

• Upvote 1

It's a bastard thing to do. Equivalent of getting someone fired and making them unemployable in your industry just because they once insulted you.

Also suspect that Keane's honesty was about earning more money from his book. So he's getting no credit for that either.

Stu's right though. He's not the first or last footballer to do it

It's a bastard thing to do. Equivalent of getting someone fired and making them unemployable in your industry just because they once insulted you.

Also suspect that Keane's honesty was about earning more money from his book. So he's getting no credit for that either.

Genuinely don't think that it was about money. It's just who he and Dunphy are. They weren't going to do a bland account were they? And even a bland account would have shifted daft amounts of copies.

I don't think he was either, it's the ethos upon which Leeds United is built, but the point is I've never heard or seen anyone injure someone like that, stand over them screaming, then admit to the world they did it on purpose. I can't castigate people for things they thought or probably meant, I can only call Keane out for cuntery on a Roy Keane thread.

• Upvote 1