You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Anybody seen the BBC Football Gossip page today? There's a picture of Moreno's new tattoo which is a monkey with headphones & shades on, smoking a cigar.

I can't paste photos on here for some reason but there's rep in it for anyone who can.

Also belongs in the 'Shitness of modern Football' thread.

• 3 weeks later...

There was another brainfart early on in the 2nd half in our box where he dived in from behind to try and get a toe on the ball.

He just about pulled it off but it could quite easily have gone horribly wrong. Just a senseless thing to do under the circumstances.

Klopp is going to have to have a serious chat with him prior to the final. Moreno is already prone to indiscipline, being headstrong and lacking concentration and he'll be up against his former club in the final. Being more pumped up than usual could spell problems for us.

• Upvote 1

A positional clown with a head full of pork-pie jelly. 

My worry here isn't that we go and buy Chilwell or some other punt for the future not used to playing at the level we do, or even playing for that matter. It's that we only buy someone like Chilwell.

Moreno isn't good enough to only have an understudy for.

His mistakes are highlighted and his plus points are sometimes overlooked. Sometimes you get this. He's very one footed and prone to lapses in concentration, but on the other hand he overlaps and gives width, joins the attack all day long, has fantastic pace and stamina, and uses that to get back and get some good tackles in.

I actually like the player. We can get more of a solid citizen who won't do the brainless stuff to the same degree, but neither will he, in all likelihood, offer the same pace, width, stamina and attacking outlet.

Probably the most complete left back at the moment is Rodriguez at Wolfsburg. If he was available I'd make the switch, but it would be a lot of money, and I don't see a long list of left backs who will give us what Moreno gives us, plus added defensive solidity.

For me it's about priorities at the moment, and we need to improve the spine of the team and add a winger first. I'd keep Moreno as first choice next season and see how he goes. It would not be unusual to see him cut some of the mistakes out as he matures.

• Upvote 1