You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Give it two games. People will be clamouring for Moreno again.

Only the blurts who think moreno is any good!

moreno's clearly not a defender and if we want to cut out the goals, a bit of collective defending from all the defenders wouldnt go amiss.

he's a likeable sort but just very bad at defending

unfortunately his attacking attributes don't compensate for his poor defending

I actually find him very dislikable. He's a bit of a shithouse and him trying to claim Origi's goal at Southampton, even after the game and seeing it would give him a hat-trick, spoke volumes for me.

Add him to the growing list of players I actually dislike in our current squad and we've now got a 5-a-side team

• Upvote 2

I actually find him very dislikable. He's a bit of a shithouse and him trying to claim Origi's goal at Southampton, even after the game and seeing it would give him a hat-trick, spoke volumes for me.

Add him to the growing list of players I actually dislike in our current squad and we've now got a 5-a-side team

As do I.  Not sure if it's because he's both shit and ginger though.

Worst game I've seen Moreno have for us yesterday, He was pitiful and should now be benched for a while . Flanno at LB is not a long term solution either, Pity Rodgers broke Gomez thinking he could be our full time LB from day one, Had he been eased in then we might have a few more options. Anyway lets have Flanno in for the next few games given Enrique looks shit even against Div 2 opponents  

I would have considered getting in Ashley Cole on loan till the end of the season, not so much to play but to teach Morano,Flanno and Smith the basics of when to stay back and when to go forward.

I hate Cole as much as the next man, I hate him more than Cheryl Tweedy but he could prove useful in playing a few games and showing the rest of our left backs the art of the job.

It's possible we're overdoing it on Moreno. I don't think he's a bad player. He looked good in a decent Sevilla team. Yesterday was stupid, especially the penalty. Wrong side, two bites at him, penalty. It was poor.

But sometimes we have a tendency to pour it on a bit thick. I think he is a fast, modern fullback, who isnt as bad as being mad out on here. If rumours of Real Madrid being interested were true, I'd sell, as he can be replaced. But I don't want to stick the boot in on him as it doesn't feel right.

Ha! I know, it's bad. Back in the day I played football, and I can kick a ball with either foot, no problem. I'm right footed, but I could easily hit a decent corner in with my left, for example. It baffles me how professional footballers aren't at least competent with both feet.

I half wonder if lefties are worse. Are they more one footed? It'd be an interesting theory to explore. For example, earlier today I saw Monreal, the Arsenal left back, in a good position to shoot against Chelsea, and it was on his right, but he sort of flicked at it with his left. It was terrible!

It's possible we're overdoing it on Moreno. I don't think he's a bad player. He looked good in a decent Sevilla team. Yesterday was stupid, especially the penalty. Wrong side, two bites at him, penalty. It was poor.

But sometimes we have a tendency to pour it on a bit thick. I think he is a fast, modern fullback, who isnt as bad as being mad out on here. If rumours of Real Madrid being interested were true, I'd sell, as he can be replaced. But I don't want to stick the boot in on him as it doesn't feel right.

Not often I disagree with your posts mate but in this case I do. He is a really really poor player. His positional play is shocking, as is his decision making and lack of bravery allied to his bad habit of switching off at key moments in games. This isn't just based on yesterday's game either.

I've watched him pretty much every game home and away since he signed for us and the positions he takes up on the field are utterly bizarre.

Watch the 10 minutes after he conceded the penalty yesterday as an example and look at what he does. He has no idea how to play the position whatsoever in my opinion.

Not often I disagree with your posts mate but in this case I do. He is a really really poor player. His positional play is shocking, as is his decision making and lack of bravery allied to his bad habit of switching off at key moments in games. This isn't just based on yesterday's game either.

I've watched him pretty much every game home and away since he signed for us and the positions he takes up on the field are utterly bizarre.

Watch the 10 minutes after he conceded the penalty yesterday as an example and look at what he does. He has no idea how to play the position whatsoever in my opinion.

Fair enough. But one comment on the bravery thing - I think he has that in spades. Anyone who can wear a crushed red velvet suit is brave!

• Upvote 2

Ha! I know, it's bad. Back in the day I played football, and I can kick a ball with either foot, no problem. I'm right footed, but I could easily hit a decent corner in with my left, for example. It baffles me how professional footballers aren't at least competent with both feet.

I half wonder if lefties are worse. Are they more one footed? It'd be an interesting theory to explore. For example, earlier today I saw Monreal, the Arsenal left back, in a good position to shoot against Chelsea, and it was on his right, but he sort of flicked at it with his left. It was terrible!

Me too. Its why i hated Riise by the end. And why it cost him his Liverpool career