You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Welbeck's a Rodgers style player he's also a committee signing because he follows the template of what we look for.

Rodgers would like the fact that he's able to carry out our high press, his versatility across the front line would be something Rodgers would favour, he's tactically disciplined, he tracks back, he's got pace on the counter attack, he links up well with his teammates.

The Committee would be interested because he's young, English, and he's at the stage of his career were he's about to hit his peak years. Welbeck fits the 'talented young player unable to assert themselves at a big club' model that got us Sturridge, Coutinho, Sakho and Can.

If he was at any other club barre United and Everton i'm sure we'd be in for him.

I can see your thinking Boss, but one of Brendan's most oft-repeated phrases when talking about attacking players, particularly strikers, is "his job is to score goals".

I would say he's more a Rafa player for the reasons you state, as he isn't so hung up on the end product numbers while Rodgers very much is. It's the key measurement he'll use to decide whether the likes of Ibe make it with us, and when they're ready to, in my opinion.

He's played 25 league games or more for the last 4 seasons running. The amount of goals he's scored suggests he isn't a great finisher.

Or that he hasn't always been in the side predominantly to score goals. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't rate him that highly but he's not as bad as he gets made out to be and £15 million is about right.

His goals per minute ratio last season actually isn't much different to Eto'o's in the league.

Whoa there Boss. Stop sucking your own pipe for a minute there fella.There were many people on here saying Lovren was a good signing. The frowns were the price, but meh, who cares - the market is inflated everywhere.

Where the hell has it been decided Lovren replaces Sakho? Are you basing this on the whole 1 game that he played so far?

Thirdly... GTFO with Welbeck. I've seen enough manc and England games over the years to form my own opinion and its that he's just not that good. 1 fucking goal last season. Good for a striker that. He's not good enough for the mancs, he's not good enough for us. We won't ever be signing him. Hope this helps.

Sheesh.

Can we get the season started already.

I never said there weren't people pro the Lovren signing, i'm saying that i had to endure pages of diatribe about how it's ridiculous for me to call Lovren 'pure quality' when he is in fact a quality player, thats all i'm saying.

Your absolutely right in saying i shouldn't presume Lovren will take over from Sakho either and that scenerio's yet to play out, i accept that. Yet in the same breath you shouldn't presume Welbeck will never be good enough for us or that he'd never play for us, the future is unwritten as they say.

My opinion of Welbeck is he's not as shit as some make out on here, simple as that. Also he scored 9 goals last season not 1, i don't know were you got that statistic from.

Well we've made a complete clusterfuck of signing a forward then haven't we? Nice one. Sturridge and Lambert it is then, oh and that fucking arsewipe Eto'o if we can't manage to pick up anyone else by sending Ayre out to beg for players. But it's ok because Sterling reminds Brendan of Messi so that's fine then.

This is what happens when you put all your eggs in the Sanchez basket and he opts to live in the capital instead. The backup "plan" has been laughable and basically non-existent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Back on Wellbeck. He is so shit, he is an oasis of laughter for my boiling hot summers in Mogadishu. I watch his videos and laugh. He makes 50 degrees Celsius noons tolerable.

Given how Mogadishu is near the equator, do you even have seasons?

Back on Wellbeck. He is so shit, he is an oasis of laughter for my boiling hot summers in Mogadishu. I watch his videos and laugh. He makes 50 degrees Celsius noons tolerable.

You are a fucking melting pot of cunt stew and you dont get internet in mogadishu , i refuse to believe it. You little thatto heath wanker

• Upvote 2