You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

This is the sort of comment I would expect to see from a fan of a rival club. Somewhat surprising to hear it from a Liverpool fan given the progress we have made during Rodgers tenure.

piss off, I'm gonna moan the fuck out of this day because I hate Lovren, he's mediocre, we've got 3 better CBs, we've overpaid as dumb fucks once again and haven't strengthen our best XI at all despite spending 100mil. I'm a hysterical fanny and I will moan. 

Pony.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lovren is a good player. I don't think we've actually addressed any of our weaknesses other than squad depth yet really and we've spent an absolute fortune. Interesting times.

I think it is a strange window. Prices are inflated, we know that, and I think the overall squad quality has gone well up. With Suarez going, we've probably got a weaker first 11 though. Unless Markovic turns out to be amazing, and we sign a top player, we won't be quite as stunning up front next season.

If we are playing a midfield 3 without Coutinho then Lallana is a major improvement on Allen and Lucas. Lovren is better than all our CB's bar Sakho in my humble opinion. As for the squad, Can, Markovic, Remy etc are well better than Moses, Aspas and Alberto. I think we will get  a left back and another good attacker. Suarez if he had stayed would again in my opinion, have served all his ban, at Barcelona  I think it will get reduced. We would have been without him for best part of 2 1/2 months. Lets see what happens in the meantime and who else comes.

Nobody wants to say it cuz they don't want to jinx it but

------------------------------Sturridge---------------------------

Lallana---------------------Sterling------------------Markovic

----------------Can---------------------Henderson---------------

looks pretty good going forward - at an average age of 22 could

grow into a very nice side.

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere.   Interview with Tony Evans a few days ago has some interesting stuff in it.  I've pasted the transfer talk there's more in the full interview in the link below.

http://www.vavel.com/en/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc/372188-vavel-exclusive-interview-with-tony-evans-of-the-times.html

Out of Lallana, Can, Lambert and Markovic and to a certain extent Suarez, how do you think Liverpool have handled themselves in the transfer market, have they got value for money? 

Overpaid to Lallana, about right for Can and Markovic and a good deal for Lambert. They have very high hopes for Can and Markovic. They got the minimum price they set for Suarez and if he hadn't bitten during the World Cup they would have got considerably more. It wasn't the club's fault, though.

They call it silly season for a reason, with so much hype around different transfers constantly happening on-line, would you agree that most football supporters get caught up in the ins and outs of transfer dealings and how would you explain that it's not exactly a manager drawing up a wish-list and then simply offering 20 million for player X.(ala FIFA)

There are so many variables in a transfer it's untrue. Some things look certain to happen and fall apart, some look impossible and take on a life of their own. In one recent transfer, Agent X went to club A about a player he did not represent and asked them if they wanted him. Club A said yes, the agent want to club B and asked if they wanted to sell. They said yes, too. At this point neither player nor his representatives knew anything was afoot. Agent X leaked it to a paper, the player's reps denied it (because they thought it untruen) but the deal happened anyway. You want to make sense of stuff like this? Me neither.

And lastly, before we move onto specific transfers, how would you say the relationship between Rodgers and The Committee has developed, and who do you think holds the upper hand now? 

Rodgers. There was a bit of consternation in January when the TC said there were no defenders out there. Mmmmm

Now, on to specific transfer deals, how close would you say Origi is to signing for Liverpool and will he go back out on loan?

Can see it happening and think he'll stay at Anfield.

Rumours are circulating that Richards is close to signing for Liverpool from City, have you heard anything on this? 

Kolo pt 2? No thanks, please

The saga of Alberto Moreno has been dragging out, how do you expect it to end?

With him at Anfield. They like him

Lovren is obviously a target for Liverpool, have you heard anything regarding a second bid for the player? And if he does sign is he likely to partner Sakho or be an alternative to Sakho. 

Think they'd like to bring two centre backs in. Lovren will almost certainly come. Think they'd like Lovren, Sakho and another

I believe it was one of the many ITK's on Friday night that tweeted saying that you had been on to him regarding some news, can you clear any of that up?

People get overexcited about anything. It was a (bad) joke

It's reported that Remy is close to signing, would you agree with that statement, and would you say it's a good signing? 

He's cover, he can score goals, he's quick. Hard not to like

Another rumour circulating is Manquilo of Madrid, apparently on-loan, have you heard anything yourself and is he seen as a first team player for Liverpool. 

Think that's what they want to find out. The suggestion is that he's talented but they want to see how he adapts

With plenty of players likely to leave, with Assaidi, Borini both set to join Suarez through the exit door, would you expect the likes of Toure, Agger, Lucas to leave.

Not Toure. He's got another year on the contract. Lucas definitely, Agger if they get centre backs in 

What are the chances that Kelly will depart this summer, and what sort of injuries did he suffer throughout the past few years, with rumours circulating that the defender had back problems.

Can't see his long-term future at the club. A shame. Not just the injuries. Don't think they see him as the solution 

A lot of rumours went around last season regarding Jose Enrique, suggesting he wasn't injured, can you confirm that, or otherwise. Do you believe he will stay this summer?

Injury is often in the eye of the beholder. I'm not having all the rumours. However, the manager doesn't fancy him  

What have you made of the rumours regarding Ryan Bertrand?

An option if Moreno falls through. They'd rather have Moreno

Are there any names being thrown around for a potential new goal keeper?

They're looking hard. Be interesting to see if Rodgers offers Reina a lifeline. At once time I thought it would never happen. Now not so sure. His waged (110k per week) a huge issue

• Upvote 1

Liverpool transfer news: Reds 'in talks' to sign Benfica winger Nicolas Gaitan as summer spending threatens to exceed £100m
A A A

Liverpool are believed to be in talks with Benfica regarding the transfer of sought after winger Nicolas Gaitan, with Brendan Rodgers looking to reinvest the money generated from Luis Suarez’s £75m sale in “the right players”.

•  

Gaitan has been linked with a move to a number of clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea, but moves to the Premier League over the past two transfer windows have failed to materialise.

Benfica are known to want Gaitan’s release clause activated as they do not want to lose the player, but according to reports in France Liverpool believe they can land the 26-year-old for a reduced fee.

French media outlet RMC claims that the Argentinian winger had agreed to join Monaco this week only for the deal to fall through after the Ligue 1 club failed to agree an acceptable fee with the Europe League finalists.

The report goes on to suggest that Liverpool opened negotiations on Thursday, but despite the Red maintaining the hope that they can get their man for less than his £35.6m release fee, any move is still likely to cost in excess of the £30m mark.

Should Gaitan head to Anfield, the move will take Brendan Rodgers’ summer spending spree to nearly £100m, having already signed Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Lazar Markovic for a combined £59m, as well as the £8.5m move for Loic Remy on the verge of completion.

Chelsea aren't signing those players for their first team - they sign them to sell on for FFP. Young players can build up reputations whilst playing games for other clubs and then are sold on for massive profits, which in turn enables them to sign established stars. It's both corrupt and clever at the same time.

I don't think it's corrupt, and it's not that clever, because it's a risk. Some of these players will not become a valuable asset and Chelsea will actually lose money on their accounts.

Chelsea are horrible cheating cunts. They own players through 3rd parties and they lied to the Dutch FA about owning Vitesse. This is from a while back when the investigation started

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/01/chelsea-vitesse-arnhem-roman-abramovich

and this is from a couple of days ago (this one in Dutch)

http://www.vi.nl/premium-promo/chelseanetwerk-misleidde-knvb-bij-overname-vitesse-1.htm

• Upvote 4

This is the sort of comment I would expect to see from a fan of a rival club. Somewhat surprising to hear it from a Liverpool fan given the progress we have made during Rodgers tenure.

Gibe the guy a break, just because he is a Liverpool fan doesn't mean he can't be as fucking stupid as your run of the mill Blueshite/arse/spud/manc