You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The tall guy with beard and the boss who got sacked alongside Sandra Oh seem to be in those Thick of It style BBC comedies,maybe even The Thick of It actually. Just finding it a bit of a chore to be honest.

Strange. One episode ago you said... whatever, doesn't matter. It must have gone from 'very good' to 'a chore' in episode four for you. Who am I to argue. I would argue with whatever bizarre point you're trying to make about 'all those' BBC comedy regulars, though, as it's an incredible strange comment. No real point though. We like what we like, I guess.

The Button. BBC One.

Like Taskmaster, but with ordinary folk rather than celebs. A talking button in the competing families houses sets them tasks throughout the day like putting balloons in their hallway into a bin in their living room but they can't touch the balloons once they gone into the living room. Or naming the fifth Harry Potter book without using any electronic devices for help. Or taking a selfie with "the button" and a pet in it, but it can't be the pet of one of the competing families. Fastest to complete the task wins.

Silly. But somehow entertaining. 7/10.

The Button. BBC One.

Like Taskmaster, but with ordinary folk rather than celebs. A talking button in the competing families houses sets them tasks throughout the day like putting balloons in their hallway into a bin in their living room but they can't touch the balloons once they gone into the living room. Or naming the fifth Harry Potter book without using any electronic devices for help. Or taking a selfie with "the button" and a pet in it, but it can't be the pet of one of the competing families. Fastest to complete the task wins.

I watched about 5 minutes of it and thought it was absolute shite.

One of the worst things I've seen on TV in a long time.

Strange. One episode ago you said... whatever, doesn't matter. It must have gone from 'very good' to 'a chore' in episode four for you. Who am I to argue. I would argue with whatever bizarre point you're trying to make about 'all those' BBC comedy regulars, though, as it's an incredible strange comment. No real point though. We like what we like, I guess.

Quite strange that somebody can't like something to begin with and then get a bit bored as it sort of sags in the middle if you like. Its a bit like the series I am watching on Netflix at the moment,Surviving Escobar-Alias JJ about Escobar's most trusted assassin nicknamed Popeye. When the story focuses on him and his story its very good but the stuff surrounding his wife and mother in law is tedious and mostly filler and has to be endured. I am finding that with Killing Eve at the moment. With any programme you have to have to have feelings about characters and be interested in their stuff and apart from the assassin and her handler I don't care much for the rest of the characters.

Quite strange that somebody can't like something to begin with and then get a bit bored as it sort of sags in the middle if you like.

I found it strange that you went from 'very good' after episode three, to being dismissive of the cast and calling the series a chore after episode four. I'm just saying, that must have been one horrendous episode. Don't get me wrong, you're completely free to whatever opinion you like. I'm just saying, it's a little strange in my view.

I think Villanelle is significantly more interesting than most of the other characters, but she is the main antagonist. They're normally quite a bit more interesting as they're the focus of the show. At least shows like this.

13 reasons why. 6/10. Netflix teen drama season 2. Quite enjoyed the first season but like the other Netflix show The Sinner, you hear there is another season on its way and I think, why? Anyway this kid d of backs that up. Okay in bits, but some of the flashbacks don't fit in with season 1, there is brutal scene in the final episode that wasn't warranted and they left the finale open to drag out another season.

The Alienist. 8/10 (so far). Another Netflix show set in late 1800's in New York about a psychologist investigating what appears to be a serial killer targeting young rentboys. Grim setting and plot but so far so good after three episodes.

The Button. BBC One.

I genuinely thought it was the shittest thing I've ever watched. If you could do -10 out of 10, that's what I'd give it.
  • Upvote 1

I found it strange that you went from 'very good' after episode three, to being dismissive of the cast and calling the series a chore after episode four. I'm just saying, that must have been one horrendous episode. Don't get me wrong, you're completely free to whatever opinion you like. I'm just saying, it's a little strange in my view.

I think Villanelle is significantly more interesting than most of the other characters, but she is the main antagonist. They're normally quite a bit more interesting as they're the focus of the show. At least shows like this.

I enjoyed the first episode or two but the last couple have just bored me to be honest. I think its trying to be like the good US stuff but hasn't got the material to stretch it out. I will try to get back into it at some stage but I'm just not impressed by British made stuff as I think the actors are often quite poor,even if sometimes the writing is pretty good.

Not sure how much longer I can put up with the unrelenting grimness of the Handmaid's Tale.

Not sure how much longer I can put up with the unrelenting weirdness of Legion.

What do they both have in common? They. Both. Go. Really. Slow. With. Their. Story. Telling.

Not sure how much longer I can put up with the unrelenting grimness of the Handmaid's Tale.

Not sure how much longer I can put up with the unrelenting weirdness of Legion.

What do they both have in common? They. Both. Go. Really. Slow. With. Their. Story. Telling.

I'm kind of in the same place with both shows. Another that's beginning to grate is Westworld...

Legion is very weird, but it's done so stylishly I almost can't help but enjoy it.

Who Do You Think You Are?

BBC genealogy show just returned. Michelle Keegan traced het family tree back through Gibraltar and Genoa, also with links to the Suffragettes.

I love stuff like this and tonight was no exception.

Even better, Long Lost Family returns on Monday. GTFI.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else watch A Very English Scandal?

Very enjoyable and was very impressed with the casting of Hugh Grant as Thorpe. I’d never considered the likeness before but he was brilliant.

I also had a bit of a fancy for the actor who portrayed Norman Scott

• Upvote 1