You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just finished watching Extras again, not anywhere near as good as The Office but it definitely stands up to repeated viewings.

I'm re-watching older stuff on Netflix at the moment because everything new that seems to come out is absolutely shite, might go with The Thick of It next.

The thick of it gets better with repeated viewings, if anything. Love that show.
  • Upvote 1

Atlanta Season 2 - Robbin' season was really good TV, moving on from season 1 in all sorts of weird and crazy ways. Some outstanding episodes, especially the Teddy Perkins one. Enjoyed Paperboi failing to get his haircut too. 8.5/10

Santa Clarita Diet S2 - just funny and Timothy Olyphant is excellent as the nervous neighbour. 8.5/10

Started Westworld 2. It's shit so far. Corny terrible acting.

Yeah, I watched the 1st 2 and don't see the point. I felt episode one I could have left it on, gone for a shit and a walked down the offy, come back and there'd still just be someone walking around a body with a bit of tense music in the background attempting to make the shit dramatic. The only scenes with anything to them are with thandie Newton because she's fucking hot and things actually seem to happen. I thought season 1 was less than brilliant, way more style over substance, but I thought I'd give it another go with so much opportunity to go somewhere with the story line and its just all annoying characters who shoot at each other and you hope they all die to just bring it to an end.

Yeah, I watched the 1st 2 and don't see the point. I felt episode one I could have left it on, gone for a shit and a walked down the offy, come back and there'd still just be someone walking around a body with a bit of tense music in the background attempting to make the shit dramatic. The only scenes with anything to them are with thandie Newton because she's fucking hot and things actually seem to happen. I thought season 1 was less than brilliant, way more style over substance, but I thought I'd give it another go with so much opportunity to go somewhere with the story line and its just all annoying characters who shoot at each other and you hope they all die to just bring it to an end.

Couldn't agree more. It's like the executives reviewed series one and said 'Too much talking,too much of a storyline,too much of script. I know what we need...more guns!' And there you have series two in a nutshell....guns.

Been enjoying the expanse, binged the first 2 series on Netflix, and been downloading series 3, about halfway through at the moment.

Quite hard to follow at first with characters scattered all over the solar system but they eventually end up knocking about in the same place, reminds me of game of thrones in that sense.

Anyway, starts off half decent, eventually becomes decent, now it's fucking brilliant.

Go online and find out its been cancelled, fucking cunts.

Looks like it's being shopped around to see if another network or streaming service picks it up, hopefully they do because I was really starting to enjoy this, probably the best sci-fi show on at the moment.

That lost in space is awful. Obvious cliche situations and corny as shit attempts at light comedic relief. Need to open these doors but there's this one giant random rock blocking a door, oh no were being chased and damn here's a ravine in the way. We need to talk.. damn we've been trapped in a situation neither of us can escape for a while forcing us to talk to each other. There's nothing interesting about it just lazy contraptions to push a story or build a character. Terrible writing.

Been enjoying the expanse, binged the first 2 series on Netflix, and been downloading series 3, about halfway through at the moment.

Quite hard to follow at first with characters scattered all over the solar system but they eventually end up knocking about in the same place, reminds me of game of thrones in that sense.

Anyway, starts off half decent, eventually becomes decent, now it's fucking brilliant.

Looks like it's being shopped around to see if another network or streaming service picks it up, hopefully they do because I was really starting to enjoy this, probably the best sci-fi show on at the moment.

Cracking show. I've held off series 3 so far so I can binge watch it like the last two. The cancellation is bad news. Like you say, it's easily the best sci-fi show on TV at the moment.

That lost in space is awful. Obvious cliche situations and corny as shit attempts at light comedic relief. Need to open these doors but there's this one giant random rock blocking a door, oh no were being chased and damn here's a ravine in the way. We need to talk.. damn we've been trapped in a situation neither of us can escape for a while forcing us to talk to each other. There's nothing interesting about it just lazy contraptions to push a story or build a character. Terrible writing.

Samesies. Jibbed it off after wanting to punch the life out of my TV. Just awful. The TV equivalent of some shite music by numbers pop song. Boring. Generic. Charmless. Shite.

Based on syfy's reasons here...

Syfy did not purchase the rights for future seasons, because of reportedly restrictive distribution arrangements, and announced it was cancelled. Alcon intends to find other channels to distribute future seasons.

...not sure if this is likely to put other channels off.

Yep.

Starts off looking like it's going to be a fairly straightforward drama/comedy about Glover's character, but then starts to morph into something a bit more.

Clever, funny, with some great performances from the cast.

The second series is supposed to be better as well, so I'll be on that this evening.

One last night about how the Police were investigating the murder of an old Chinese lady,ex Hong Kong Police, in Milton Keynes. They eventually got 3 pikeys, who had that dreadful accent , but couldn't prosecute through lack of evidence, though it seemed highly likely it was them. Very sad it was.