You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 20/10/2023 at 11:55, Bjornebye said:

Coleen Rooney is ace, I really like her. She puts up with Wayne Rooney which is odd….

It’s not remotely odd. She gets a shitload of money, free shit, and access to opportunities she never would have otherwise.

Can’t recall who, but one of the posters on here knew the family, and she was into Wayne’s cousin and never gave Wayne a second look until he broke into the Everton firs team. Reminds me of the Mrs Merton interview with Debbie McGee - “What was it that first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?”

File under goal digger.

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It’s not remotely odd. She gets a shitload of money, free shit, and access to opportunities she never would have otherwise.

Can’t recall who, but one of the posters on here knew the family, and she was into Wayne’s cousin and never gave Wayne a second look until he broke into the Everton firs team. Reminds me of the Mrs Merton interview with Debbie McGee - “What was it that first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?”

File under goal digger.

Ok mate. 

On 12/10/2023 at 17:02, Bjornebye said:

Beckham - Netflix

God I hate Man Utd but I've always had a soft spot for Beckham. Mainly because I fancy the shit out of Posh Spice and always have so really I should hate the cunt. 

Goes quite deep as well including his affair with Rebecca Loos. I didn't realise all the shit he had with LA Galaxy when he wanted to stay at AC Milan but they told him no chance. 

An absolutely brilliant player which is often over-shadowed by his celebrity status. Glen Hoddle treated him like a proper cunt as well. 

I like him, not gonna lie. Enjoyed it. Seems like a really good dad and all. Oh and Posh Spice has aged like the finest of wines (so far) absolutely stunning woman and believe it or not, quite funny at times in this. 

No point in rating it really but if you aren't like a vampire is to sunlight when it comes to Manc's, it's worth a watch. 

You're spot on, it was actually really good, this. My missus wanted to watch it for the 'sleb/ WAG side of things, but enjoyed all the football stuff too. I did have to tell my Mum off after she cheered at the end of 'that balmy night in Barcelona' though, poor behaviour that.

It's good to be reminded of what an utter cunt Glen Hoddle is, willing to throw a young player to the wolves to keep his job, snide bastard. It was a bit spooky seeing all those clips of Charlton and then having his death announced the next day.

He really did play for some absolute cunt clubs though- Man Utd, Real Madrid and PSG.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elite said:

2 episodes into The Fall of the House of Usher and loving it, great stuff so far.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Finished it last night, it's a great series.

Will give it a go later so. Thought the Haunting of Hill House was amazing but it’s been diminishing returns since then with the series since.

Steve Coogan is great in that Jimmy Saville thing, but it’s bleak and depressing. Still haven’t watched the last one.

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Will give it a go later so. Thought the Haunting of Hill House was amazing but it’s been diminishing returns since then with the series since.

Steve Coogan is great in that Jimmy Saville thing, but it’s bleak and depressing. Still haven’t watched the last one.

Don’t go into the Fall Of The House Of Usher thinking it’ll be Hill House or Bly Manner. It’s completely different in tone and what it’s trying to achieve. It’s not really a horror series.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Probably funnier than everything else he's made apart from Partridge.

On 22/10/2023 at 03:19, polymerpunkah said:

For All Mankind

Apparently not--binned it after 1.5 episodes.

I've watched that show in the hope it wasn't just a bit ordinary. I liked the concept, but it never took off for me. But somehow did just enough to stop me turning off. I didn't find it awful, I just thought it could be much more. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've watched that show in the hope it wasn't just a bit ordinary. I liked the concept, but it never took off for me. But somehow did just enough to stop me turning off. I didn't find it awful, I just thought it could be much more. 

I got a couple in and got bored. It just wasn't interesting enough despite a good concept. A bit like Man in the High Castle or The Plot Against America,but without much happening in all honesty.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I got a couple in and got bored. It just wasn't interesting enough despite a good concept. A bit like Man in the High Castle or The Plot Against America,but without much happening in all honesty.

Yeah, man in the high castle is a good example, but that definitely had better execution of the concept for me. 

On 22/10/2023 at 08:48, Mudface said:

You're spot on, it was actually really good, this. My missus wanted to watch it for the 'sleb/ WAG side of things, but enjoyed all the football stuff too. I did have to tell my Mum off after she cheered at the end of 'that balmy night in Barcelona' though, poor behaviour that.

It's good to be reminded of what an utter cunt Glen Hoddle is, willing to throw a young player to the wolves to keep his job, snide bastard. It was a bit spooky seeing all those clips of Charlton and then having his death announced the next day.

He really did play for some absolute cunt clubs though- Man Utd, Real Madrid and PSG.

I tried to be open minded watching it but the bullshit overwhelmed me. In that world cup he was 23, that's young in normal terms, in the football world, its not, he'd been playing for Man Utd for 7 years. 

I'm on to Coleen Rooney now, a Man Utd month in my gaf. First episode was watchable, struggling to see how they can stretch another 2 episodes out of it.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

I tried to be open minded watching it but the bullshit overwhelmed me. In that world cup he was 23, that's young in normal terms, in the football world, its not, he'd been playing for Man Utd for 7 years. 

I'm on to Coleen Rooney now, a Man Utd month in my gaf. First episode was watchable, struggling to see how they can stretch another 2 episodes out of it.

A Guardian review did say it was ridiculously overlong, bit of a habit with Netflix docs.