You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Celebrity Race Across the World.  BBC

Harry Judd ( McFly ) and mum

Mel Blatt ( All Saints ) and mum

Alex Beresford ( weather guy ) and dad

Billy Monger (  young racing driver who lost his legs in an accident) and his younger sister.

Love the normal series and this is very engaging. Travelling from Morocco to Norway but no planes allowed and a fixed budget for each that they have to supplement with paid work en-route. Some stunning places visited.

All coming across well , except perhaps Alex who is probably a bit too competitive, culminating in him dragging his dad towards a checkpoint trying to get past a lad who has lost both legs. Not a good look. Admits he has anxiety issues so maybe he will chill a bit as it goes on.

Mel Blatt is still very nice and the young couple are very likeable.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Celebrity Race Across the World.  BBC

Harry Judd ( McFly ) and mum

Mel Blatt ( All Saints ) and mum

Alex Beresford ( weather guy ) and dad

Billy Monger (  young racing driver who lost his legs in an accident) and his younger sister.

Love the normal series and this is very engaging. Travelling from Morocco to Norway but no planes allowed and a fixed budget for each that they have to supplement with paid work en-route. Some stunning places visited.

All coming across well , except perhaps Alex who is probably a bit too competitive, culminating in him dragging his dad towards a checkpoint trying to get past a lad who has lost both legs. Not a good look. Admits he has anxiety issues so maybe he will chill a bit as it goes on.

Mel Blatt is still very nice and the young couple are very likeable.

Loved Race Across The World but really didn't fancy this celeb version. Might give it a go now though.

• Upvote 1

The hunt for Raul moat

Standard itv drama really

Northumbria police did seem to adopt a very blasé approach to a shotgun wielding psychopath and what type of fuck nuggets makes a cult hero of a violent misogynist who batters his own kids and shoots women?

6/10

16 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve started watching that fishing show with Paul whitehouse and Bob Mortimer. It’s very calming to watch even if you’re not into fishing. Paul whitehouse is very funny. 

It is good , but Mortimer is the star of the show for me.

28 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve mentioned before but my Dad was interviewed as a suspect. Well he was more suspected of being Wearside Jack but, at the time, the lines were blurred.

Apparently one of the female journalists challenged the police at an early press conference by saying that everything on the tape was in the public domain, a surviving victim said he had a Leeds accent and she thought the tape was a hoax. She was shouted down and ignored. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Apparently one of the female journalists challenged the police at an early press conference by saying that everything on the tape was in the public domain, a surviving victim said he had a Leeds accent and she thought the tape was a hoax. She was shouted down and ignored. 

'"Tha doesn't t'know what tha's talkin aba't."

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve mentioned before but my Dad was interviewed as a suspect. Well he was more suspected of being Wearside Jack but, at the time, the lines were blurred.

Think I've said before as well, but one of my Mum's cousins has the same name. There was a bit of consternation in our house to say the least when his name was announced on the news during Terry Wogan.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

The Long Shadow

One of the best itv dramas I've seen. 

Unlike programmes like dahmer, it focuses almost entirely on the Victims ,which makes it a tough watch at times (when it brings in a new girl,you know what's coming)

The way the case was handled was epically incompetant and it's hard to comprehend the attitudes of many of the police at the time (many of the girls deserved it because they led that type of lifestyle)

Great performances all round

Watch it

9/10

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

The Long Shadow

One of the best itv dramas I've seen. 

Unlike programmes like dahmer, it focuses almost entirely on the Victims ,which makes it a tough watch at times (when it brings in a new girl,you know what's coming)

The way the case was handled was epically incompetant and it's hard to comprehend the attitudes of many of the police at the time (many of the girls deserved it because they led that type of lifestyle)

Great performances all round

Watch it

9/10

I've watches 3 episodes and it's been great so far.

Been watching Ultimate Force and it's fucking boss. Always thought it looked naff but you can tell Chris Ryan advised on it, it's funny as fuck and depicts the SAS blokes largely as psychos who don't give a fuck about killing literally anyone. Love it.

• Upvote 1

Jack Ryan, S1. Quite good but silly towards the end. 7/10

Jack Ryan, S2. Ridiculous and not in the good Banshee/Spartacus way. 5/10.

Onto Season 3, now, which is about the Russians trying to put the soviet empire back together in 7 days. I get the feeling it’s not going to be very grounded.