You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

6 hours ago, Champ said:

Jeez. How do you even do that?

Think you had to.

1. Have children in the 80's.

2. Be on the bones of your arse.

3. Own a tumble dryer.

Not that I'm speaking from experience but you could push copper wire into the wires in the meter and apparently it slowed the meter down. 

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Think you had to.

1. Have children in the 80's.

2. Be on the bones of your arse.

3. Own a tumble dryer.

Not that I'm speaking from experience but you could push copper wire into the wires in the meter and apparently it slowed the meter down. 

I asked ‘how’ not ‘why’. I know exactly what drives people to desperate means

17 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

She did mate, but she was a horrible annoying toothy tory cunt. I despised her with every fibre of my being as just like Buck Tarbrush she was the epitome of a professional Scouser.

I walked past some tourists getting a picture of her statue on Mathew St and heard a smackhead shouting at them. Couldn't make it out but I recon it was along the lines of "she's a tory cunt spit on it don't get a picture have you got a spare ciggy? I'm Ringo's son in law" 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I walked past some tourists getting a picture of her statue on Mathew St and heard a smackhead shouting at them. Couldn't make it out but I recon it was along the lines of "she's a tory cunt spit on it don't get a picture have you got a spare ciggy? I'm Ringo's son in law" 

I didn't even know there was a statue of her.

Pigeons have got to shit somewhere I suppose.

18 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

She did mate, but she was a horrible annoying toothy tory cunt. I despised her with every fibre of my being as just like Buck Tarbrush she was the epitome of a professional Scouser.

That is actually a very fair appraisal.

Suppose it's show business and paid for the gardeners.

Not sure how true but the story was Cilla used the language teacher in Eaton Road to maintain the accent.

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

That is actually a very fair appraisal.

Suppose it's show business and paid for the gardeners.

Not sure how true but the story was Cilla used the language teacher in Eaton Road to maintain the accent.

The one on the corner of Eaton Road and East Prescot Road? Brilliantly funny if true.

Maybe I'm being harsh on her, but that's how I feel. I know she was a massive part of Merseybeat, and loads of people loved her for her music and TV work.

36 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Ken Dodd was a Liverpool Tory. He went campaigning for them one time. He asked a woman what she did and she replied “I’m a cleaner.” He said “Ah so you’re a scrubber, madam!” “Yeah” she replied and here’s me tickling stick” and she hit him with a leg of lamb. 

He’s another one who weirded me out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

The one on the corner of Eaton Road and East Prescot Road? Brilliantly funny if true.

Maybe I'm being harsh on her, but that's how I feel. I know she was a massive part of Merseybeat, and loads of people loved her for her music and TV work.

Yea, thats the one.

I was never a fan of hers. Surprise surprise and blind date must have tested the most staunch of fans.

42 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

No doubt he loved Liverpool and his humour was a sort of non stop ride of puns and zaniness but it works better live in a theatre than TV. 

Took my mum to see him in Llandudno, couldn't get him off stage. Theatre was nearly empty at the end as people had to leave to get coaches and trains. Not my type of humour but my mum loved it.

As for theatre over TV. Saw Mrs Brown's boys at the Royal Court and thought it was brilliant the way they ad-libbed through the mistakes. Watched it on TV and the same mistakes where there, the scripted mistake fucka. Never watched it again 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

No doubt he loved Liverpool and his humour was a sort of non stop ride of puns and zaniness but it works better live in a theatre than TV. 

I saw him in a panto with his diddymen at the Empire as a kid. I agree with him being more of a stage act though. 

You could tell he was a tory as no other Scouser would have got away with about half a million quid stuck under the mattress and not paying tax on it.

• Haha 1

I knew Ken Dodd reasonably well as he used to come into our bank to pay in on a weekly basis and he came across very well to be fair. 

He was allowed to ring the bell to come into the bank after hours to stop him being harassed ,and one day the bell rang about 4 o'clock after we had balanced all of the tills.

The chief cashier shouted ' Fuck sake that'll be that arsehole Doddy '

Ken Dodd aappeared from one of the enquiries counters in the banking hall and said 

' I doubt it, Michael, I've already been here about 10 minutes ' and pissed himself laughing.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 5

On 08/11/2023 at 19:28, Bjornebye said:

Wilderness on Amazon with Jenna Coleman (Has she got a dedicated thread???? She's better than everyone) . Only just started it but it's already a 12/10. 

Finished this. On the whole it’s about a 6.5 but with Jenna it’s a cool 11/10. 

On 10/11/2023 at 11:07, sir roger said:

I knew Ken Dodd reasonably well as he used to come into our bank to pay in on a weekly basis and he came across very well to be fair. 

He was allowed to ring the bell to come into the bank after hours to stop him being harassed ,and one day the bell rang about 4 o'clock after we had balanced all of the tills.

The chief cashier shouted ' Fuck sake that'll be that arsehole Doddy '

Ken Dodd aappeared from one of the enquiries counters in the banking hall and said 

' I doubt it, Michael, I've already been here about 10 minutes ' and pissed himself laughing.

That's brilliant that.