You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Spent past two weeks mostly binge-watching Better Call Saul 9/10, I was keeping it for when I don't have anything else and almost forgot that I have not seen it.

Really takes you back to the golden age of TV when all those now legendary American shows were suddenly appearing as if on a never ending assembly line of greatness. Which eventually had to stop. Maybe only Succession comes close to it in recent years. 

Beckham - Netflix

God I hate Man Utd but I've always had a soft spot for Beckham. Mainly because I fancy the shit out of Posh Spice and always have so really I should hate the cunt. 

Goes quite deep as well including his affair with Rebecca Loos. I didn't realise all the shit he had with LA Galaxy when he wanted to stay at AC Milan but they told him no chance. 

An absolutely brilliant player which is often over-shadowed by his celebrity status. Glen Hoddle treated him like a proper cunt as well. 

I like him, not gonna lie. Enjoyed it. Seems like a really good dad and all. Oh and Posh Spice has aged like the finest of wines (so far) absolutely stunning woman and believe it or not, quite funny at times in this. 

No point in rating it really but if you aren't like a vampire is to sunlight when it comes to Manc's, it's worth a watch. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

The Fall of the House of erm, ahem, Usher.

I watched the first of eight parts last night and it's promising.

A solid 7/10 for the first episode.

It's good, I'm about halfway through now. More of a black comedy than a horror like the Haunting of... or Midnight Mass series. It kind of reminds me a less campy, one of the later series American Horror Story.

On 12/10/2023 at 17:02, Bjornebye said:

Beckham - Netflix

God I hate Man Utd but I've always had a soft spot for Beckham. Mainly because I fancy the shit out of Posh Spice and always have so really I should hate the cunt. 

Goes quite deep as well including his affair with Rebecca Loos. I didn't realise all the shit he had with LA Galaxy when he wanted to stay at AC Milan but they told him no chance. 

An absolutely brilliant player which is often over-shadowed by his celebrity status. Glen Hoddle treated him like a proper cunt as well. 

I like him, not gonna lie. Enjoyed it. Seems like a really good dad and all. Oh and Posh Spice has aged like the finest of wines (so far) absolutely stunning woman and believe it or not, quite funny at times in this. 

No point in rating it really but if you aren't like a vampire is to sunlight when it comes to Manc's, it's worth a watch. 

Eh ? What the ?

On 10/10/2023 at 21:32, cloggypop said:

Have you seen the film? Be a bit higher than that for me. All done in one take as well. 

Yeah i really enjoyed the film. The series just didnt do it for me. It didnt really add anything to the film and i found most of the characters pretty annoying.

Interview with the Vampire.

New series on BBC. Loved it.

Really impressed with Grey Worm from GOT as the main character Louis. Always thought he was not a very good actor, too wooden even for a stoic character. But he was brilliant in this. Star of the show however was Sam Reid as Lestat.

High camp, black humour, gorgeous, gory. Great stuff.

I've watched that Jimmy saville thing this week, I thought it was really good. Coogan was great except for one or two moments when he seemed to slip into Alan partridge. I thought it might put saville in a better light than he deserves, but it didn't. I think I'd give it a 9/10, partly because I think it was such a really brave thing to make, let alone pull off.  

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've watched that Jimmy saville thing this week, I thought it was really good. Coogan was great except for one or two moments when he seemed to slip into Alan partridge. I thought it might put saville in a better light than he deserves, but it didn't. I think I'd give it a 9/10, partly because I think it was such a really brave thing to make, let alone pull off.  

Agreed. It's very good, Coogan is fantastic. I like the guy who played the journalist as well (Mark Stanley) he's popped up in various shows I've seen. Good actor.

Just now, Elite said:

Agreed. It's very good, Coogan is fantastic. I like the guy who played the journalist as well, he's popped up in various shows I've seen. Good actor.

yeah, he was good. as was the bird who used to be in benidorm. all in all just very good TV and I feel more powerful than the documentary from a year or two ago.