You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

21 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Get with women? I don't mind ironing it can be quite therapeutic. 

I'm the opposite of you, I hate ironing with a passion but find putting duvet covers on very easy and intuitively came up with the indie out method without being told, fucking mensa material mate

I moaned to my mum about the way she had ironed one of my school shirts and she threw the shirt at me and told me to do it myself , and I have been doing my own ironing for the past 45 years. My dad went to his grave not even sure which bit of an iron you actually held it by.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I moaned to my mum about the way she had ironed one of my school shirts and she threw the shirt at me and told me to do it myself , and I have been doing my own ironing for the past 45 years. My dad went to his grave not even sure which bit of an iron you actually held it by.

So you were about 17 when you first started ironing? 

Christ. My mum left us (god bless her - and she left us officially 2 years ago I’m talking when she walked out on us in 1996) and I had a young brother and a dad who had to work. I learnt how to iron, make the bed, everything by myself pretty much. On my second day in the Navy they teach new recruits how to do basic shit. It blew my mind that these people didn’t know how to do a fucking thing. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Christ. My mum left us (god bless her - and she left us officially 2 years ago I’m talking when she walked out on us in 1996) and I had a young brother and a dad who had to work. I learnt how to iron, make the bed, everything by myself pretty much. On my second day in the Navy they teach new recruits how to do basic shit. It blew my mind that these people didn’t know how to do a fucking thing. 

This. My mum left our alcoholic dad when I was 5 and my older siblings pretty much brought us all up. We learnt to cook, do the washing, sew etc, we weren’t great at it but we got by. When I see a young person today who can’t even boil a fucking egg it drives me insane. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Remmie said:

I'm the opposite of you, I hate ironing with a passion but find putting duvet covers on very easy and intuitively came up with the indie out method without being told, fucking mensa material mate

I love doing the ironing, get to watch old WW2 documentaries, wildlife programs and Wheeler Dealers for hours without any guilt. I iron t towels, pants, anything just to spin out the time. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Learning the double handed wank on Day 2 sorts the wheat from the chaff! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

This. My mum left our alcoholic dad when I was 5 and my older siblings pretty much brought us all up. We learnt to cook, do the washing, sew etc, we weren’t great at it but we got by. When I see a young person today who can’t even boil a fucking egg it drives me insane. 

Half blame them parents half blame the lazy little arrogant wankers 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Learning the double handed wank on Day 2 sorts the wheat from the chaff! 

Day 2?! 

20 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

My car broke down yesterday, in the actual car wash. Massive queues behind me, all honking and shouting. Had to get the other chaps in the queue to push me out then walk hone to retrieve my phone to call the AA. I hate cars. 

How many elderly women did that cost Surrey? 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Fuck that, just fold your clothes as soon as you take them out of the drier. 

May I suggest the "2 second fold". Its in YouTube, it'll revolutionise your laundry duties! 

I havent got a drier so after wringing them at the river bank i put them on a clothes horse, also on the floor, under floor heating, which is handy when you throw up on it after a night out as in the morning you have a pizza 

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I could sow a patch on my jeans then, it was those days. 

Went out for my daughters birthday last week and when we got back to hers I declined the offer of another drink , so the son in law , taking the piss , put one of those fireworky sparkler things in my bottle of water. It fell out as he passed it to me and burnt right through the back thigh of my jeans. Back in the day I would have had to patch it or lash it but it actually makes me trendier now I'm reliably informed.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Went out for my daughters birthday last week and when we got back to hers I declined the offer of another drink , so the son in law , taking the piss , put one of those fireworky sparkler things in my bottle of water. It fell out as he passed it to me and burnt right through the back thigh of my jeans. Back in the day I would have had to patch it or lash it but it actually makes me trendier now I'm reliably informed.

Haha yeah that's right they've got to ripped to bits these days. 

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

I know how I can make my brother walk away from an argument with just a sentence now we're a little older.

'Shut up, you used to buy defective products at a premium, you stupid cunt'

In relation to the ridiculously expensive 'distressed' jeans he used to buy.

Stops him in his tracks everytime as he knows I have the highground.

• Upvote 1

Shared a house at University with a few lads I actually knew from home.

One of them was so clueless he asked me how to make a baked potato. I told him, but was in for a shock when he eventually put his perfectly cooked spud on his plate as it was caked in mud. 

His response when I politely called him a fucking idiot? He told me he hadn’t washed his potato because I didn’t tell him he needed to. He’d assumed the mud would dissolve in the oven. 

Nearly thirty years later, I still feel somewhat responsible for that baked potato ending up in the bin. I think of it often. 

• Upvote 1