You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think of Ian Ayre?

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a good job as a third tier CEO, and has secured some impressive commercial deals in a rising market.

However he is woefully short of the calibre of CEO/ MD required for one of the world's top clubs.

You can just imagine the conversation with Willian, "When I was at Huddersfield".............. juxtaposed with the conversation with Daniel Levy...............

Did a good job as a third tier CEO, and has secured some impressive commercial deals in a rising market.

However he is woefully short of the calibre of CEO/ MD required for one of the world's top clubs.

You can just imagine the conversation with Willian, "When I was at Huddersfield".............. juxtaposed with the conversation with Daniel Levy...............

2 and a half hours, I am very dissapointed in you!

But yes totally agree with your second para.

Too lightweight, he'll never settle.

I have no idea how competent he is or isn't, the club overall just seems a mess. As MD he had to take responsibility for that.

That said, I don't trust him even a tiny bit. Just strikes me as a shifty untrustworthy looking fucker. He really creeps me out as well.

Personally I think he is fucking shite at his job and should be sacked with immediate effect.

He's a dick. I'd much prefer Rick Parry back at the club

Six of one half a dozen of the other here I think. Remember Coco was shite at deals (having his phone switched off), but at least knew the football business.

Both a pair of twats for different reasons.

More likely the conversation was like this :

Ayre :"Hic!...I've had a few....can I climb on yer shoulders Willy lad?"

Willian : (thinks) Who the fuck is this clown? Says : "Errrr which way is the door did you say?"

Seemed like a nice enough fella when I met him.

Previously ran a football club, loads of contacts in Asia, lifelong Liverpool fan.

Immensely better at the commercial side than Parry. I don't think FSG want anyone with more clout as they like being absentee owners then riding in to the rescue.