You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Saying that I would rather he not go to Arsenal.They have the money now though dont they?.,make them pay I say...big.

I guess that hinges on the clause.

A release clause at £40m plus is just that. An " we will tel you about any offer over that but won't sell you" clause is pretty pointless.

Rodgers response to Suarez questions:

The manager replied: "My conversations with players will always remain private. I'll never disclose any conversation between a player and I.

"In terms of the remarks that were made, this is a football club that has always worked a certain way. The Liverpool Way is all about a club with ambition, a club that strives to be the very best, a club that is about commitment - that means that everyone is committed to the cause of fighting for the shirt.

"It's also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club, on and off the field, and it's about unity.

"Those are the four values that run through my mind when I think about Liverpool. Those are the values we will always retain. If anyone steps outside of that standard, I will deal with it. That's something that we'll do.

"It means that we have a standard at Liverpool that I will fight for my life to retain. There will never be any player or person bigger than the club."

Rodgers continued: "Professionally, Luis Suarez has given me everything since I came into the football club, but there is obviously a way in which you have to speak. This is a club that has offered Luis Suarez the utmost respect since the day he walked through the door.

"That's something that over the course of the coming weeks you need to have when you work for Liverpool Football Club. You've got supporters and players that have given Luis Suarez absolutely everything - they backed him to the hilt.

"Even at the weekend, when we had Steven Gerrard's testimonial game, the supporters raised the roof for him. That's something that I will always fight to retain at the football club, because that is what Liverpool is about - respect, humility and real dignity."

You tell him Brendan!

What I do have an issue with is when you state your opinions as facts, as you did with the post I kindly quoted for your perusal.

You just said it. "State my opinions", which is what I did, I stated my opinions. The word fact never came into it, I am using my judgement of the circumstances. An opinion is what somebody believes to be true, otherwise they're would be no point saying anything if I thought everything I was saying was wrong. I never stated that the alternative to what I said was impossible.

Do you do the same when somebody says "Man U wont be as good next season", are you steaming in on them saying that's just your opinion, not a fact, or do you only jump on somebody with the fact nonsense when you don't agree with them?

That's what it looks like.

Why is there somebody, seemingly on every forum, who has trouble with understanding the difference between opinions and fact? A fact can be objectively proven, so if I'm saying Suarez will be sold, I can't objectively prove that because is hasn't happened yet, it is my subjective interpretation of current facts that lead me to believe that an event will occur.

You need to educate yourself.

The manager replied: "My conversations with players will always remain private. I'll never disclose any conversation between a player and I.

"In terms of the remarks that were made, this is a football club that has always worked a certain way. The Liverpool Way is all about a club with ambition, a club that strives to be the very best, a club that is about commitment - that means that everyone is committed to the cause of fighting for the shirt.

"It's also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club, on and off the field, and it's about unity.

"Those are the four values that run through my mind when I think about Liverpool. Those are the values we will always retain. If anyone steps outside of that standard, I will deal with it. That's something that we'll do.

"It means that we have a standard at Liverpool that I will fight for my life to retain. There will never be any player or person bigger than the club."

Rodgers continued: "Professionally, Luis Suarez has given me everything since I came into the football club, but there is obviously a way in which you have to speak. This is a club that has offered Luis Suarez the utmost respect since the day he walked through the door.

"That's something that over the course of the coming weeks you need to have when you work for Liverpool Football Club. You've got supporters and players that have given Luis Suarez absolutely everything - they backed him to the hilt.

"Even at the weekend, when we had Steven Gerrard's testimonial game, the supporters raised the roof for him. That's something that I will always fight to retain at the football club, because that is what Liverpool is about - respect, humility and real dignity."

You tell him Brendan!

I like Brendan Rodgers.

You tell him Brendan!

I do like that, it's impressive, IMO. (I have to put that after everything I say now, because of tedious think-they-know-it-alls)

You tell him Brendan!

I must admit,I particularly like that quote.Quite a long winded way of calling someone a cunt though.

“Obviously the remarks I've read are bitterly disappointing - but my job is bigger than that.

“My job is to fight and protect the club. The conversations I've had with him, he knows I've had and they will remain private.

“I will take strong, decisive action, absolutely. There has been total disrespect of the club - this is a lack of respect of a club that has given him everything. Absolutely everything.

“I really, really feel sorry for the supporters, people that have sung his name. We have travelled the world over the course of this pre-season. 85,00 fans were singing Luis' name in Jakarta. It was the same in Australia, in Thailand and at Steven Gerrard's testimonial

Liverpool FC's Luis Suarez showing a 'total lack of respect', says Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Echo

very strong words from Rodgers there

Taylor is saying theres nothing in contract says we have to sell him. Theres mention of a good will gesture.

What do we do? Ride it out till someone comes in with a huge offer? Its being played out so publicly its gonna get nasty. I cant see it suddenly becoming amicable.

The one thing rodgers must not do is lose him right at the end of the window and not replace him. If we hold on to him all we can hope is that he has those 2-3 games left of his suspension in september and he gets his head down and starts playing.

Im a very optimistic person but im also very realistic so I d be surprised if that happened. This is rodgers biggest test to date and everyone is waiting to see what happens.

So he probably did promise Luis that he would be allowed to leave this summer if we didn't qualify for the CL

How'd ya like these potatoes?

Rodgers has vowed to take “strong and decisive action” against Suarez following his outspoken attack on the club.

“There were no promises made - categorically none - and no promises broken,” Rodgers said.

“The club and his representatives had several conversations and he knew exactly where he was at.

"I think Luis knows the support he's had at the football club and that's something that's been unswerving throughout the whole of last season.

“Obviously the remarks I've read are bitterly disappointing - but my job is bigger than that.

“My job is to fight and protect the club. The conversations I've had with him, he knows I've had and they will remain private.

“I will take strong, decisive action, absolutely. There has been total disrespect of the club - this is a lack of respect of a club that has given him everything. Absolutely everything.

“I really, really feel sorry for the supporters, people that have sung his name. We have travelled the world over the course of this pre-season. 85,00 fans were singing Luis' name in Jakarta. It was the same in Australia, in Thailand and at Steven Gerrard's testimonial.

“I don't believe there is a clause in his contract that says he can leave for any sort of price.”

The decision to make Suarez train on his own away from the first team squad isn't due to the interview he gave earlier this week.

Instead it's punishment for what Rodgers deems to be the poor attitude he has shown during friendly matches and training sessions recently.

According to the Echo from Twitter, FSG reiterate they will not sell to Arsenal even if they were to raise their price.

Good.

Also read Rodgers said "There's a long way to go and bridges to cross before he can play for LFC again"

Now since Henry says he likes buying things, let's buy some quality players.

Rodgers is apparently furious at Suarez and states that he disrespected the club & supporters and..

Asked if there was a way back for the Uruguayan, he said: “We first of all need to assess where it's at. At this moment things have been said that are derogatory against the football club and his

team-mates and the supporters.

“There's a few bridges to cross before that can happen (play for Liverpool again). It's about the respect, that's the only thing we look for.

if that's not a statement from a manager of Liverpool Football Club, then I don't know what is. :whistle:

I'm pround of Rodgers, absolutely made up, fuck Suarez.