You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my birthday today and it's one of the best birthday presents a bloke could want. Result.

It's mine on Friday. I just assumed it was an early present for me til I read that [post. Perhaps Moyes will announce his appointment on Friday, just to make my day.

Jose in the short term will continue to get success, it's when he needs to start rebuillding that's when the Mancs will be fucked. The days of patience are gone. Slur wouldn't have stood a chance in today's football if he was coming in and finishing 11th, 14th, 12th - he would have been fired in the first couple of seasons. He was lucky he was a manager at the right time and that fortunately for him Souness was appointed manager for us...

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can't see why they'd go for Moyes. That makes no sense at all. I don't think it'll be the walking sideshow, Jose Mourinho. I think they'll go for Klopp.

Joyous news!The beginning of the end.

Busby sat in the directors box fucked em up no end, Ferguson will be the same. No Paisley to turn to, a fanbase that will soon be impatient and baying for blood and a press that might soon get the balls to tell it how it is.

Still a cunt. Just a bored, useless cunt now - drinking his days away, boring his missus with tales of his achievements and annecdotes of his glorious career.

Jose comes in - he's a cunt as well. And will fuck off in a year or two when his luck runs out.

Long term stability..able to work under the shadow of Ferguson....extensive experience of the premier league....I reckon it will be Moyes.

I cant see United going foreign....they have a culture built up there and I think they will look for a man who suits that rather than one who will upset the applecart or rock the boat.

If Ferguson stays as a director or ambassador I cant see anyone else except Moyes taking it.

I can't see why they'd go for Moyes. That makes no sense at all. I don't think it'll be the walking sideshow, Jose Mourinho. I think they'll go for Klopp.

Klopp would be a good call for a long term replacement, however I could see him needing time to settle. Personally I think they'll go all out for Mourinho because he'll guarantee them success for the next couple of seasons despite all the baggage. They've been prepared to tolerate Fergusons often very public antics.

They reduced their debts over the last couple of seasons but it's still around the £400 million mark. A couple of relatively unsuccessful seasons could have a serious impact.

Is it such a surprise that Mourihno's negotiations with Chelsea have apparently stalled?

I really hope they're mad enough to go for Moyes, the thing about Ferguson staying on as director does tend to suggest that. It would be a huge mistake for them and a delight for us.

With him moving upstairs I can't see a top top manager having him hanging around.

What about Giggs working under him? He's done all his badges FA and Uefa.

That would be perfect.

The new Wilf Mcguinness.

I know we all rip the shit out of Dave Whelan but remember this?

Sir Alex Ferguson to retire after next season, says Dave Whelan | Football | guardian.co.uk

Sir Alex Ferguson to retire after next season, says Dave Whelan

• Manchester United manager suffered minor health scare

• Whelan says Ferguson is 'best manager ever'

Jamie Jackson

guardian.co.uk, Friday 25 May 2012 09.40 BST

Sir Alex Ferguson will retire "after next season" due to health concerns, according to Dave Whelan, the Wigan Athletic chairman.

Whelan, who is a close friend of the Manchester United manager, told ESPN: "After next season, Sir Alex will call it a day. The pressure is telling, especially when you are at the top for so long. The older you get the harder it is to cope with all that pressure, and eventually it will affect you. Sir Alex is resilient and I know he will want to carry on until he drops, and I respect what he has achieved as everyone does."

Last Friday Ferguson suffered a minor health scare when he was taken to a Glasgow hospital after suffering a nosebleed that would not stop. Whelan added: "I am sure his intention was to carry on for two or three, maybe even more years, but he has had a little scare in the last week or so and that tells me he will think very hard, and realise there is no point trying to carry on for another five years and take the risk."

Whelan also paid tribute to Ferguson's legacy. "I would say he is the best manager that there has ever been, and if and when he does pack it in, he will be an enormous loss to the game, that's for sure," said Whelan. "The way he has had such unparalleled success, the way he knows how to choose the right players and then get even more out of them, that makes him the best manager ever, the best we have ever seen."

------------

Stopped watch and all that.

Mark klienman, the Economics fella off sky news just said utd have got their replacement but won't announce it until he resign from his current job, and it should be announced in the next few days.

Seeing as moyes contract runs out in next few weeks, this mean it's mourinho?

Sam Allardyce is no doubt getting his CV together.

He's the obvious candidate, can we get a campaign started? I know it's a step down for Big Sam given his aspirations to manage Madrid but I'm sure he'll be prepared to lower his standards a bit.

I't won't be Mourinho' date=' he was nailed on for the Chelsea job as soon as they brought in Rafa. Plus why would he set his ego in a direction where, like he's found out in Madrid, he's a small fish in a big pond. He goes where he can beat the record of the previous manager.[/quote']

Mourinho may think that he is capable of bettering Ferguson's Champions League record.

Mark klienman' date=' the Economics fella off sky news just said utd have got their replacement but won't announce it until he resign from his current job, and it should be announced in the next few days.

Seeing as moyes contract runs out in next few weeks, this mean it's mourinho?[/quote']

From Wikipedia

"Allardyce was appointed as manager of recently relegated West Ham United on 1 June 2011 signing a two-year contract"

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.........