You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May Day holiday: who's on, who's off

Champ

• 3 weeks later...

Well, who's off today? Everyone except lifey who's fixed the rota for another double time shift? We used to have a manager like that....never saw her on shift apart from public holidays...apart from Christmas, of course.

Its literally just a holiday for banks and financial institutions here....for everyone else its a normal day

Started the day playing a bit of Xbox, just had breakfast. Have two choices;

Do some more work in the garden in a bit and finish off the decking by staining it, then go for a run this evening up in the hills once its cooled down a little bit.

Piss off the other half by buggering off to London to go play with the band on an improv gig on top of a boat, in the sunshine which happens to be moored next to a pub.

Hmmmmm

Started the day playing a bit of Xbox, just had breakfast. Have two choices;

Do some more work in the garden in a bit and finish off the decking by staining it, then go for a run this evening up in the hills once its cooled down a little bit.

Piss off the other half by buggering off to London to go play with the band on an improv gig on top of a boat, in the sunshine which happens to be moored next to a pub.

Hmmmmm

It's not even a choice.

She can go to the garden centre alone like she wanted to. You're just a thoughtful, considerate bloke.

Day off, I only get 20 days off plus bank holidays so fuck it if I'm gonna miss time off with the family.

Currently sitting in the mother in laws garden, listening to music with a full bbq belly, drinking cider.

And how the situation changes when they offer me 2.5 times my pay to sit on my arse for a few hours. So far I've had a cup of tea, read the paper and cleaned up my in box. Now I'm going for a shit and all in the name of extra dollars!

Please for the love of any make believe God tell me you're talking about the garden centre and not the pub?

Give me some credit

Nah, as I was saying to Jon, I love my garden but garden centres are grim at the best of times but on a bank holiday, queuing to get into the car park, while shit drivers drive round and round looking for 2 spaces together to park their Nissan Micra across and then shuffle round eyeing all the nic nacs before going to look at the displays of garish bedding plants they've bought in by the ton for the occasion. No thanks

One of the minor delights of a Bank Holiday are watching the presenters on the local news and weather. The top dogs obviously get these off & it becomes 'scraping the barrel time' with people thrown in front of the cameras that were probably patrolling the car park or cleaning the offices last week.

Well, who's off today? Everyone except lifey who's fixed the rota for another double time shift? We used to have a manager like that....never saw her on shift apart from public holidays...apart from Christmas, of course.

Its literally just a holiday for banks and financial institutions here....for everyone else its a normal day

I didn't do the May rota.

• 11 months later...

Brucespanner RIP.

Just thought I'd look this thread out...

Well, it seems I'll be spending this Bank Holiday just like last year!

I couldnt believe its only a year since you'd met Louis, though, Rico!