You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anne Williams

RobbieOR

The strength she showed to appear at he memorial service on Monday is indicative of the fight and determination she has put into the the campaign for justice for the last 24 years. It's a woman like Anne to whom Scousers and all decent people should look to for leadership, inspiration and above all, humanity. She and Margaret Aspinall have most certainly put the truth in Bill Kenwright's words "They picked on the wrong mums"

One of the first thoughts I had when I heard was that she is now with Kevin. And he, along with the rest of the 96 will surely have given her a hero's welcome as she joined them.

The fight is not over yet, but I'm so delighted that she at least saw the truth revealed and also managed somehow to be at the memorial where that vindication of their 24 year battle was first seen. She got the truth, but deserved more than that.

Rest in peace, Anne. You'll Never Walk Alone.

Guest davelfc
The strength she showed to appear at he memorial service on Monday is indicative of the fight and determination she has put into the the campaign for justice for the last 24 years. It's a woman like Anne to whom Scousers and all decent people should look to for leadership' date=' inspiration and above all, humanity. She and Margaret Aspinall have most certainly put the truth in Bill Kenwright's words "They picked on the wrong mums"

One of the first thoughts I had when I heard was that she is now with Kevin. And he, along with the rest of the 96 will surely have given her a hero's welcome as she joined them.

The fight is not over yet, but I'm so delighted that she at least saw the truth revealed and also managed somehow to be at the memorial where that vindication of their 24 year battle was first seen. She got the truth, but deserved more than that.

Rest in peace, Anne. You'll Never Walk Alone.[/quote']

I can't add more to this.

RIP

The integrity and dignity with which she carried herself from first day to last is truly inspirational.

Inspirational is a word too often used with no real depth or meaning. Here it isn't.

I know for a fact I could never have done what she did. She always said the right thing, even doing so this very week.

A sad, sad day.

Agree.very sad news

Now THIS is a woman who deserves the utmost respect and mourning this week. She certainly showed the class and dignity worthy of that respect, having been needlessly put in that position thanks the attitudes and policies promoted by somebody whose own funeral this week has wasted millions of pounds of public money.

After fighting for 24 years, it is extremely sad that Anne never got to see the day when actual justice would be delivered for her son's death. The last 24 years have taken the cruellest of tolls on her, as they have taken a toll on all the loved ones of those who lost their lives that day.

Anne, you may no longer be with us, but at least you get to see Kevin again. Rest assured that the fight will continue on your behalf. It's the least we can do.

RIP. YNWA.

Guest San Don

Dear god, is there no end to this pain?

A tremendous woman who never gave up.

YNWA Anne. Rest with Kevin in peace. The fight will go on.