You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Been a fucking shit window so far I know it's only open but we haven't signed anyone to get me excited! Hopefully that changes.

This might get you excited!

Liverpool have held talks with West Ham United over a possible move for Stewart Downing, as Rodgers continues to remove expensive signings from the club's wage bill. West Ham have followed up their £15m signing of Andy Carroll with an inquiry for his England international colleague, who has entered the final two years of his Anfield contract. That position would impact on Liverpool's negotiating stance and, though no bid has been received for Downing, West Ham would have to pay in excess of £8m to land the 28-year-old winger.

Liverpool hold talks with Luis Suárez's agent after rejecting Arsenal bid | Football | The Guardian

They paid 10m for Jarvis who is a poor mans downing, 8m a minimum is a fair deal considering his wage and age.Fuck selling him for a measly fee and paying part if his wages especially with us having no replacement for him.He is the only proper winger we have and he has a good attitude and is a good squad player, unless we receive a good offer id be in no rush to sell.

They paid 10m for Jarvis who is a poor mans downing, 8m a minimum is a fair deal considering his wage and age.Fuck selling him for a measly fee and paying part if his wages especially with us having no replacement for him.He is the only proper winger we have and he has a good attitude and is a good squad player, unless we receive a good offer id be in no rush to sell.

His attitude has improved this season but he does not give his all, every match which I expect from any player that puts a Liverpool shirt on.

I can't think of a player who has so consistently hidden in matches. He bottles out of tackling and his short passing game is woeful. I just want to see him gone

We have Sterling and Assaidi but replace him with Johnson and play Kelly RB is a far better option.

His attitude has improved this season but he does not give his all, every match which I expect from any player that puts a Liverpool shirt on.

I can't think of a player who has so consistently hidden in matches. He bottles out of tackling and his short passing game is woeful. I just want to see him gone

We have Sterling and Assaidi but replace him with Johnson and play Kelly RB is a far better option.

He could easily have gave up last season when he was being played as a lb and being told he was free to go but he worked how bollocks off to try and stay at Liverpool when he could have sulked and got paid off anyway.

I disagree strongly his short passing game is woeful and actually think its one of his strengths, I remember even Hansen said when downing first got here and was under performing that he was surprised by how good downing was in possession.

Due to his age and Swuad status I wouldn't be against him going at right fee but I'd rather keep him then get robbed.

Benteke based on last season is definately a player I would like, always the worry of a one season wonder though, I can see him going to Spurs anyway

with regards to Downing I'm pretty so/so to that, I'd have carried him down to West Ham last year but my opinion of him has improved since, probably on too much money to warrant keeping as a squad player, definately worth listening to offers for

According to the BBC transfer speculation, Chelsea are preparing a £40 Million bid for Suarez, yet are holding out for more than £30 million for David Luiz.

DAVID FUCKING LUIZ!

A player who is an error prone centre back, or a half decent holding midfielder.

Who, what and why is he so highly rated? am I the only one who doesn't see it?

According to the BBC transfer speculation, Chelsea are preparing a £40 Million bid for Suarez, yet are holding out for more than £30 million for David Luiz.

DAVID FUCKING LUIZ!

A player who is an error prone centre back, or a half decent holding midfielder.

Who, what and why is he so highly rated? am I the only one who doesn't see it?

His stock has risen a bit since he has a Champions League, UEFA Cup and an international trophy with Brazil. Ok, so the last one probably doesn't add that much value. But if Chelsea spent £21M to get him from Benfica and he's got 2.5 years left on his contract, I can see why the Chavs have stuck that £30M valuation on him. They'll get interest from teams like Barca who are in need of a good, young centre half with European experience to replace Puyols.

His stock has risen a bit since he has a Champions League, UEFA Cup and an international trophy with Brazil. Ok, so the last one probably doesn't add that much value. But if Chelsea spent £21M to get him from Benfica and he's got 2.5 years left on his contract, I can see why the Chavs have stuck that £30M valuation on him. They'll get interest from teams like Barca who are in need of a good, young centre half with European experience to replace Puyols.

As a centre back, he looks like he has always got a mistake in him. For a lot less than £30 million pounds you could get a much better centre back. Barcelona only seem to target players that aren't natural centre backs though, so I suppose that part does make sense.