You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

This is getting boring now!

If you burn your toast in the morning, do you blame FSG for that as well - cos it seems that every fucking thing is their fault in your eyes!

Has it occurred to you that they put the statement out for us. For the good of the club. To stop Barcelona shit stirring and to stop Coutinho sitting back and letting Barcelona shit stirr.

The fact that he has had to put a transfer request in, is the whole fucking point.

You don't put out a statement categorically stating a player who when you made the statement had not put in a request is not leaving.....because when he then puts in a request straight after it you look very fucking silly...

and that i how you successfully unsettle a player in a short amount of time, you first bid and get the player all excited then you say its now or never, then you show interest in someone else a little bit younger that the player you are after but with just as high a ceiling so that the player has pressure added to them and can see if he doesnt move then it really is his last chance.

i say get the neymar money off them and spend like a drunken sailor.. 

On a new yacht. 

Ah I see, we've reached the point where our fans take Sky before Liverpool.

Great. I suppose that also means you won't be enjoying any success this season then? Because that may be a tad hypocritical of you.

What the fuck you on about tou fucking cretin.

Why would i be hypocritical to enjoy the teams success on the field because i do not trust the words from a hedge fund that own us. Who bought us as it was a good deal. Who have shown little to no ambition since the year Kenny and Commoli pissed a load of money up the wall. They got into football as they thought they could make a killing and they thought FFP would be in place. They spent big one year got their fingers burnt and have penny pinched ever since.

Why do i think think they'd sell

Well they sold players before. Have talked about buying players and not bought quality. Sent out multiple apology letters to the fans and other teams. Got a fucking cob on when the fans got the arse they wanted to do the same thing thet did at the Red Sox and makeover the stadium and ramp ticket prices through the roof.

Not fucking one of them understands the game or has the ambition to push on.

Every fucking year,oh you cant get the best without champions league. We scrapped that 4th place and they still have not pushed the boat out (though that may well be Klopp too).

Its the same shite for them over and over.

I support the team on the field not the twats that sit in the directors box at Fenway as they can only be arsed turning up for the big occasion

• Upvote 3

I've seen you mention this a couple of times. What are your thoughts based on? It seems imaginative to me, but doesn't really have a basis in reality. Is it just your best guess?

Yes its guess work.

A fair few people have said that we would spend big and Coutinho would fund part of it. Have these lot ever spent big without getting a big player out the door?

He is decent but not amazing. I find him rather inconsistent - when he is good, he is great. Get £100M and strengthen elsewhere.

A reasonable approach in theory, but given the inflation in the market and the failure of our negotiators to get any deals done, I'm not sure it would work out for us.

• Upvote 3

What the fuck you on about tou fucking cretin.

Why would i be hypocritical to enjoy the teams success on the field because i do not trust the words from a hedge fund that own us. Who bought us as it was a good deal. Who have shown little to no ambition since the year Kenny and Commoli pissed a load of money up the wall. They got into football as they thought they could make a killing and they thought FFP would be in place. They spent big one year got their fingers burnt and have penny pinched ever since.

Why do i think think they'd sell

Well they sold players before. Have talked about buying players and not bought quality. Sent out multiple apology letters to the fans and other teams. Got a fucking cob on when the fans got the arse they wanted to do the same thing thet did at the Red Sox and makeover the stadium and ramp ticket prices through the roof.

Not fucking one of them understands the game or has the ambition to push on.

Every fucking year,oh you cant get the best without champions league. We scrapped that 4th place and they still have not pushed the boat out (though that may well be Klopp too).

Its the same shite for them over and over.

I support the team on the field not the twats that sit in the directors box at Fenway as they can only be arsed turning up for the big occasion

Mate, you're best off ignoring the following window licking fucknuts: jimmycase, 9God, Jockey & 3 Stacks. You've probably lost more neurons whilst typing that up than they'd be able to scrape together in a year.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

You don't put out a statement categorically stating a player who when you made the statement had not put in a request is not leaving.....because when he then puts in a request straight after it you look very fucking silly..

don't suppose it has occurred to you that at the time of being asked - he hadn't?

If Barcelona can't find a better option than Coutinho, it's hardly likely that we will. And, given our ineptitude at getting any deal over the line at the moment, does anyone seriously believe we are gonna spend the money on two players instead with limited time remaining.

Don't sell, simple as. There's a World Cup soon, and Brazil has a real good shot at it, he won't risk missing out by refusing to play for us.

Mate, you're best off ignoring the following window licking fucknuts: jimmycase, 9God, Jockey & 3 Stacks. You've probably lost more neurons whilst typing that up than they'd be able to scrape together in a year.

Haha, I often find people who disagree with me to be stupid as well. 

It's a lack of intelligence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1