You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Kaveh Solhekol @SkyKaveh

1/2 Close Coutinho family member tells us "Coutinho has tried very hard to find an amicable solution to this but failed so far. Coutinho...

Kaveh Solhekol @Sky Kaveh

2/2 has tremendous respect love for LFC & fans but like Gerrard and Suarez have pointed out in past LFC doesn't let players leave on amicable terms"

Let's be honest, Sky can't be making this up. This is a really snaky and shit way to try to force a transfer and the Gerrard and Suarez bit makes zero sense.

Whats sneaky about it

Who knows what's been said behind closed doors. I think he was told he might be able to leave but we fucked up out transfers and now h can't. Who knows.

He is right though,we have a habbit of blaming the players for wanting out while we show now ambition

Whats sneaky about it

Who knows what's been said behind closed doors. I think he was told he might be able to leave but we fucked up out transfers and now h can't. Who knows.

He is right though,we have a habbit of blaming the players for wanting out while we show now ambition

Ah I see, we've reached the point where our fans take Sky before Liverpool. 

Great. I suppose that also means you won't be enjoying any success this season then? Because that may be a tad hypocritical of you. 

It's irrelevant to me if Coutinho puts in a transfer request. We know he wants to go. If he puts it in writing he waives whatever bonus or loyalty terms he might be due, but it changes nothing in his desire to want to leave. I think we make too much of that sometimes.

The sore back thing might be true or it might not, but while all this is swirling around he gets a bit of understanding from me. It's probably difficult to knuckle down and play if you aren't sure you are going to be there.

The club is playing it well and being resolute. Assuming that line holds I fully expect Coutinho to settle down and play his football, which will be mouth watering with the attacking players we have in front of him. We may agree to let him go next year, by which time hopefully we would have signed Keita and one or two others.

For this window my best guess is we keep Coutinho and sign VVD.

I've seen you mention this a couple of times. What are your thoughts based on? It seems imaginative to me, but doesn't really have a basis in reality. Is it just your best guess?

Of course it is a guess! 

Like most of these type of posts - as long as it follows the general narrative 'boo FSG' nobody questions, they all just cheer and welcome you on board. 

It's a fucking echo chamber. 

7791d71d849ced4e0d2f9d65e1047382.381x259

"You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even when the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I told the press that, like, Coutinho would ask to leave, or that he'd say he was too ill to play at Watford, nobody panics. Because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that he's put in a transfer request, well then everybody loses their minds!"

• Upvote 3

The sad thing is this is fucking up our season before it even starts, players love nothing better than an excuse, lose tomorrow and it's all the Coutinho shit that's in the background.

Lose tomorrow or anytime in the next couple of weeks and the pressure on him to go will just intensify from media and ex-players (and family now by the looks of it)

This is Barac's plan they unsettle the player get their mates in the media (like Sky) to ramp it up and just sit back and let it unfold.

For those reasons I really can't see him staying.

• Upvote 1

The sad thing is this is fucking up our season before it even starts, players love nothing better than an excuse, lose tomorrow and it's all the Coutinho shit that's in the background.

Lose tomorrow or anytime in the next couple of weeks and the pressure on him to go will just intensify from media and ex-players (and family now by the looks of it)

This is Barac's plan they unsettle the player get their mates in the media (like Sky) to ramp it up and just sit back and let it unfold.

For those reasons I really can't see him staying.

Yep. Silva will be loving this at Watford.

Suarez left on relatively amicable terms. Coutinho needs to give us one season were he's the main man. Suarez gave us two and Gerrard gave us many. He owes us that much after we took him from a kid who couldn't play 40 minutes without exhaustion and turned him into one of the biggest stars in the Premier League.