You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Luis Suarez - intentionally diabolical"

dave u

Bobby’s never delivered a performance anywhere near what this lad gave for us. He had our defence all over the place in the 1st leg over there last year and was still hitting the net this season. Id be made up if klopp wanted him back here for a couple of seasons. 

Scores quite a lot for someone whose over the hill.   Maybe cause his hill was fucking massive and on the way down he's still an incredible player. 

Any notion that he doesn't improve the squad is just laughable.   We're going to see even more of Origi and oxocube stinking the gaff out next year due to the crazy schelue. 

Fair enough if we had the money to get a younger forward with room to improve but the owners have already hung klopp out to try on his main target. 

• Downvote 1

There’s not a defence in this league who’d be able to stop him. In fact, I’d say he’d be in the top 3 strikers in the prem now.

We get him in on a free with coutinho and Thiago then get ready for 20 & 7 next summer. 

Experience will make this squad even better and take klopp up to his last year with us. 

38 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Bobby’s never delivered a performance anywhere near what this lad gave for us. He had our defence all over the place in the 1st leg over there last year and was still hitting the net this season. Id be made up if klopp wanted him back here for a couple of seasons. 

Firmino had more goals in Europe in one season than Suarez has in his last 4 combined. He was also complete shite against us at Anfield and missed loads of chances. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Firmino had more goals in Europe in one season than Suarez has in his last 4. He was also complete shite against us at Anfield and missed loads of chances. 

This was over 3 years ago. Let's not all suddenly pretend Firmino has ever been able to put up the numbers Suarez ever has.

Bobby is a brilliant player, but a different player. There's no reason why we couldnt have both. Suarez would especially be useful in games we dominate the ball against a low block.

Suarez has 21 goals and 12 assists this season. If he came in and did half that (he'd do more) he'd be more effective than Origi. 

I can't see it. Even if he was a free transfer, he'd still want a massive signing-on fee and a higher salary than what any of our players are on, even if he was taking a pay cut. Yes there are things he could still bring to the squad, but he now struggles in games played with intensity and can't get his body to do all the things he used to do with ease. If we are after an attacker, I would prefer someone with pace, skill and goal threat who already plays in a wide attacking role so at least we have a viable alternative for Mo/Sadio and don't have to shoehorn the likes of Ox and Taki in there where they are ineffective.

Guest Alex_K

Can't imagine he'd pass Klopp's personality test to be honest. Obviously he'd be a big improvement over others coming on in games and can play across the whole 3 but Suarez has always been very Suarez-centric and it doesn't feel like that has a place in this set-up.

There's no way the club would bring him back, he basically caused shit non stop while he was here biting people, the Evra racism row, the crap about the handshake and trying to engineer moves away.

I think by the time he was sold to Barcelona the majority of the board were glad to get rid of him. The club handled the Evra stuff badly as well so they were probably glad to see him fuck off and everyone moved on. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

This was over 3 years ago. Let's not all suddenly pretend Firmino has ever been able to put up the numbers Suarez ever has.

Bobby is a brilliant player, but a different player. There's no reason why we couldnt have both. Suarez would especially be useful in games we dominate the ball against a low block.

Suarez has 21 goals and 12 assists this season. If he came in and did half that (he'd do more) he'd be more effective than Origi. 

I didn't say Firmino is as good as Suarez was, I take exception to Firmino's contributions being downplayed in favour of a player who has been shite in Europe for almost half a decade.

And him beating up on La Liga and putting up numbers with one of the greatest of all time feeding him chances doesn't convince me. He was unstoppable up until about 2017. Since then, I don't want to hear about him being this great striker still. He's not.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I didn't say Firmino is as good as Suarez was, I take exception to Firmino's contributions being downplayed in favour of a player who has been shite in Europe for almost half a decade.

And him beating up on La Liga and putting up numbers with one of the greatest of all time feeding him chances doesn't convince me. He was unstoppable up until about 2017. Since then, I don't want to hear about him being this great striker still. He's not.

Everybody has an opinion mate. I'd guess theres an incredibly large number of people who disagree with you.

He's certainly not what he once was but he'd guarantee us goals if he came here and a fuck ton better than Origi.

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

I'll take the easy bit first, I'm not arsed at all what happened in the semi, all fair in love and war and all that, but it's personal choice and it's a emotional game, so I understand why some fans wouldn't like him back because of that. 

I don't think there'd be bad blood with the players..if you mean the likes of robbo, I think that just wouldn't be an issue. Again with the fans, I can see some wouldn't want him back for the reasons in the last paragraph. 

I don't particularly want him because of his winning mentality, but I don't see a downside to it. You can't have enough winners. I want him because I think this coming season will give us fixture challenges unlike anything we've had to deal with before, he's still a brilliant player and would be an enormous upgrade on Brewster/origi/minamino in terms of the drop off from the front 3. 

I want us to have the best possible chance to win this league again and go back to Istanbul and bring big ears back. Suarez for me would increase our chances of doing that. I'd prefer us to go for a more long term solution, but it seems as a club we're not willing to make those sorts of investments in this uncertainty (if at all without selling). So while you're right, because we're champions and because of klopp we should be able to attract better, we aren't willing to finance those sorts of deals and players (see Werner, havertz, Sancho etc). Suarez appears affordable and will improve our squad in a season where squads will be put to the test. 

Can't agree with the bold part at all, the club/Klopp will be much more likely to spend big money on a long term option than something like this. We'll sign someone like Sarr off Watford and it's a much better bet than this. 

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Put the bottle down - he scored 5 goals in 7 CL games this last year. 

3 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Can't agree with the bold part at all, the club/Klopp will be much more likely to spend big money on a long term option than something like this. We'll sign someone like Sarr off Watford and it's a much better bet than this. 

Havertz? Werner? 

Just now, Horus said:

Havertz? Werner? 

What have they got to do with anything? The point was that wee have never given out big money to anyone over the hill under these owners. If we buy anyone it will be someone who can improve. Suarez cannot. I get the sense people think we'd be getting the player of three years ago and nobody has watched him since. 

3 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Man celebrates a goal against former Club and acts like a cunt  in a European Cup Semi Final shocker. Stop being so precious. The mans hates losing, Gerrard said he used to act a cunt in training, such was his mentality. You can’t forgive him? Jeez, grow a pair. 

I honestly have no problem with players celebrating goals against their old clubs rather than the pathetic and phoney reserved celebrations from players who left for whatever reason at all. Totally professionally way to act is to show passion for your cause. Doubt this transfer is even crossing FSGs mind either.

• Upvote 1