You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy January Rumour Mill

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get players on a Bosman if they're under 24 when their contract expires. It goes to tribunal to set a compensation figure, which is exactly how Ince went to Blackpool in the first place.

haha, well we are nothing if not creative with our financial mismanagement.

Harry Redknapp talking about wanting Joke Hole in the same press conference ans saying any 'dope' could succeed at Chelsea. Which is interesting as Benitez was often criticised by old sloppy face for talking about other clubs players.(And to not succeed at Chelsea means you might be European champions)

He joins Andy Gray, Ferguson and probably Robbie Savage to publicly describe Rafa as 'lucky,' too.

we have got to keep our feet on the ground concerning transfer targets boys,,we are no longer one of the best prem teams,in most cases we will be asking a player to drop down a standard to join us,ie walcot.we should be looking at genuine good prospects such a ince,i fear the likes of walcot are out of our reach now.

So Ba is off to Chelsea, can't we sell Newcastle Carroll and spend that on Walcott. Worth a go surely?

If not, I don't see why we shouldn't try and sell Carroll to Newcastle now anyway. You'd imagine they'll be pretty desperate, their fans will see it as a boost with him being a local lad and while we might take a massive loss, anything upwards of £14 million would be good and we could put that towards a quality player.

So Ba is off to Chelsea, can't we sell Newcastle Carroll and spend that on Walcott. Worth a go surely?

If not, I don't see why we shouldn't try and sell Carroll to Newcastle now anyway. You'd imagine they'll be pretty desperate, their fans will see it as a boost with him being a local lad and while we might take a massive loss, anything upwards of £14 million would be good and we could put that towards a quality player.

Carroll wouldn't be able to play for Newcastle this season as he's already played for us (he came on as sub against Man City) and West Ham, and players cannot appear for more than 2 clubs in a single season. I say 'appear' because I think they can still sign for another club, but not being eligible to play would make it pointless hence why nobody does it.

If we agreed a deal with Newcastle they could ask FIFA for dispensation to allow him to play.As he only made a sub appearance for us he could well be allowed to move.We have made it obvious we don't want him and are moving him on.Best interest for the player would be to move.

If you don't ask, you don't get

I think we should bring him back this month and have him as an option till the end of the season. With Sturbridge now on board and sterling playing he will get far better service than last season. He might not suit Rodgers game plan but some games require a battering ram and he could help

If we agreed a deal with Newcastle they could ask FIFA for dispensation to allow him to play.As he only made a sub appearance for us he could well be allowed to move.We have made it obvious we don't want him and are moving him on.Best interest for the player would be to move.

If you don't ask, you don't get

The buying club would have to be pretty desperate to sign a player, to go as far as asking FIFA for special dispensation to field a player who is otherwise ineligible. Newcastle, even if/when they sell Demba Ba, haven't exactly suggested that they'd be desperate to sign Andy Carroll.

But this is supposed to be a 'happy' thread, so I'll stop pissing on people's chips.

We couldn't sell Carroll for 15m+ last summer when his stock was high after a good Euros, and FA Cup Semi and Final goals. What makes people think that 5months down the line after an injury ravaged first half of the season we'd get that kind of fee for him now? Best case scenario is he gets fit, has a decent rest of season at West Ham and we sell for 12ish next summer. I like the lad but I don't see how we are going to get any more than that out of a deal.

please read my "feet on the ground " post,the likes of walcott are not going to drop down a level to sign for us,sturridge is only joining us from chelsea because he cant get in their team,we have to gamble on a few signings,top class players want to play in top class teams,i think we all agree that at the moment we are not a top class team,lets keep it real ffs !

please read my "feet on the ground " post,the likes of walcott are not going to drop down a level to sign for us,sturridge is only joining us from chelsea because he cant get in their team,we have to gamble on a few signings,top class players want to play in top class teams,i think we all agree that at the moment we are not a top class team,lets keep it real ffs !

Agreed. Wonder where messi would fit into the side?

Carroll wouldn't be able to play for Newcastle this season as he's already played for us (he came on as sub against Man City) and West Ham, and players cannot appear for more than 2 clubs in a single season. I say 'appear' because I think they can still sign for another club, but not being eligible to play would make it pointless hence why nobody does it.

Not sure if that is true at all as I've shown with examples from our other loan players earlier.

Good news about Cole. Bet we have to pay him off though. Or will he take a big paycut for his beloved West ham?

This is supposed to be a happy thread, brother. Don't be bringing your truths in here.

Nah we wont sell him at any price now mate. The 100million wouldnt be able to make up what he gives the team at the minute. If city bid 40m+ and we accepted, Id stop watching football.

If barca came in for him during the summer and he wanted to go I wouldnt stand in his way after the shit he has had to put up with here

Nah we wont sell him at any price now mate. The 100million wouldnt be able to make up what he gives the team at the minute. If city bid 40m+ and we accepted, Id stop watching football.

If barca came in for him during the summer and he wanted to go I wouldnt stand in his way after the shit he has had to put up with here