You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

23 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Never convinced he was unable to play through most of those niggly injuries. He never fancied the job after Suarez left and became very flaky.  Pissed me off for years the cunt. 

And yet there are people who would still give him a chance now!

Beggars belief.

A few sessions in private prancing around with personal trainers and some tweets about 'how good he feels' is a world away from training at a top PL club and coping with the demands of that and playing in the PL....something he couldn't cope with years ago, let alone now at 32 and having not played for ages.

If he finds a club i hope it isn't us...let him waste another clubs time and money.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Bit disappointed he’s not saying “we”.

He's just said the owners need to support the manager and buy some players, that Klopp is great coach and they need to support him. Good man Danny boy 

• Upvote 1

Just now, KMD7 said:

He's just said the owners need to support the manager and buy some players, that Klopp is great coach and they need to support him. Good man Danny boy 

My Hesgoal stream stopped after Klopp’s interview, he was much more generous to Mo’ than I was.

Glad to hear that, like I said, I think he’s a really good pundit. Well spoken, talking about his experiences and measured.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I'm really not a fan of this direction they are moving in. The coverage is becoming a bit of a joke now.

I'd echo Keane's comments

"Where did it all go wrong?"

Clicks on social media in the hours and days after the game/analysis is obviously the motivation but it's hard not to be turned off the whole thing. The modern world is shit. 

55 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I'm really not a fan of this direction they are moving in. The coverage is becoming a bit of a joke now.

Its not really football coverage, though, is it. If you really want good analysis and whatnot, you dont watch Sky or BT, when it was called that. 

• Upvote 1

Seems like the Sky coverage is more about creating clips that can be reused on social media accounts. 

Keane has a nonsensical rant, Sturridge sings songs(Keane rolls eyes) , Meeks does some bantz (Keane rolls eyes).

Neville is the only one that comes to close to analysis but its getting less and less.

• Upvote 1

Sky are targeting the audience who won’t pay for it and it’ll cost them in the end.

The sports news used to be good but it’s now becoming unwatchable. It’s just transfer gossip from middle aged weirdos and badly dressed 30 something men reading the latest tweets and claiming it as their knowledge. 

Was off work last week and had it on in the background and they stopped as kevah Ballbag had come steaming in with some breaking news. The news was Harry Kane might be going to Bayern but he also might not and could possibly stay at spurs or hope an English club came in for him. 

Watching us on Sunday and the camera switched to our bench and lo and behold heres Melissa “the shrieking banshee” reddy sitting there behind klopp with her phone right in front of her face typing away.

I’ve know I’ve got it but they keep renewing me on the cheapest deals I’ve had so it’s a convenience now but it wouldn't be missed and I don’t miss the money so it’s just there now. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I'd echo Keane's comments

"Where did it all go wrong?"

Clicks on social media in the hours and days after the game/analysis is obviously the motivation but it's hard not to be turned off the whole thing. The modern world is shit. 

I honestly can't remember the last time I watched any of the half-time or post-match coverage on Sky or anywhere.  I've never seen the point in any of it.  A young bloke singing "for the bantz" is no more or less appealing to me than a grumpy old bloke moaning that he can't keep track of the offside rule.  It's all bollocks and always has been.

8 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Watching us on Sunday and the camera switched to our bench and lo and behold heres Melissa “the shrieking banshee” reddy sitting there behind klopp with her phone right in front of her face typing away.

In fairness, journalists have an excuse to have their phones out at the match (what with it being their job an' all).