You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Sturridge worked hard for the team yesterday, as he does every week. He drops deep to collect the ball and create space in behind him, he tracks back when positioned out wide, and he makes runs that pull defenders away and provide oxygen for others, even when he knows he has little chance of receiving the ball himself.

I don't think it was his decision making that was poor yesterday, but his execution didn't quite come off. On both occasions that I am thinking of he tried to beat the last player before finishing - a move that he has successfully performed many many times. It didn't come off yesterday but if we want a striker that is going to lose his nerve when something doesn't come work then there's no shortage to choose from. 

Sturridge is a superb footballer who we are most certainly going to miss if he is out for any games between now and the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

Fucking Chelsea. We can't let these horrible twats win it. They play shit negative boring football and are managed by the biggest bell end in the entire history of the universe and loads of their players are complete and utter cunts.

Nothing would make my blood boil more than seeing them lift the league trophy. I just hope we destroy them when we play them and deflate them for their second leg against Atletico. Oh I forgot to mention that their fans are cunts as well.

You missed the fact their owner is utter cunt. Apart from that it was an objective and well reasoned observation on CFC. I too would go ballistic if they stole the PL from ourselves or even City. IMO though they are bigger threat than City and if they beat us they will win it. Their other 3 games are pretty straightforward. We have to kill them off at Anfield as you would stamp on a cockroach.

I'd actually like to see Mourinho develop locked in syndrome, like Han frozen in carbonite. I'd use him as a coffee table in Melwood and bribe a security guard to let me smuggle Purple Aki in once a month to dunk his balls in his mouth.

Then let Bobba Fett take it to Upton Park so he can sell it to Sam Allardyce

• Upvote 1

You missed the fact their owner is utter cunt. Apart from that it was an objective and well reasoned observation on CFC. I too would go ballistic if they stole the PL from ourselves or even City. IMO though they are bigger threat than City and if they beat us they will win it. Their other 3 games are pretty straightforward. We have to kill them off at Anfield as you would stamp on a cockroach.

Forgot about their village burning, mass grave building, corrupt robbing cunt of an owner. I hope he gets exiled by Tony Hibberts doppelgänger to outer Siberia.

• Upvote 1

James Pearce

Plenty of people asking about Daniel Sturridge’s hamstring injury...... 

Daniel Sturridge has undergone a scan and we’re expecting to learn more about the extent of the problem later today. I think it’s highly unlikely Sturridge will feature against Norwich City on Sunday. But it’s unclear how long he will be sidelined for.

James Pearce

Plenty of people asking about Daniel Sturridge’s hamstring injury...... 

Daniel Sturridge has undergone a scan and we’re expecting to learn more about the extent of the problem later today. I think it’s highly unlikely Sturridge will feature against Norwich City on Sunday. But it’s unclear how long he will be sidelined for.

Henderson out for 3 games and now Sturridge. 

Could not have happened at a worst time.

On the other hand Sturridge has looked tired of late so if he's back for the Chelsea game he'll hopefully be champing at the bit at just the right time. Said it loads of times but with sides like Norwich, desire or no, important game for them or not, all the likes of Suarez and Gerrard have to do is decide to score and they will, there's fuck all Norwich can do via legal means to stop them.

On the other hand Sturridge has looked tired of late so if he's back for the Chelsea game he'll hopefully be champing at the bit at just the right time. Said it loads of times but with sides like Norwich, desire or no, important game for them or not, all the likes of Suarez and Gerrard have to do is decide to score and they will, there's fuck all Norwich can do via legal means to stop them.

I think we may be being let down gently.here.

If its a tear in his Hamstring I think his next appearance on a football field may be in Brasil

Very worried about this.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't like the silence about Sturridge. I'm treating no news as bad news.

It's what I do

There's virtually no chance he's going to be back in time to give a stellar performance against Chelsea.

From the offal:

Liverpool have confirmed they'll give Daniel Sturridge every opportunity to prove his fitness ahead of Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash with Norwich City.

Sturridge has since underwent further assessment with the club's medical team at Melwood and a small strain was detected following a scan.

The 24-year-old will now undergo a treatment programme in order to try and be available for the trip to Carrow Road.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161257-daniel-sturridge-injury-latest