You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paco

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still fail to see what Shelvey brings to us to be honest. Overrated massively.

I'd like to see Jones continue in goal, and I'd like to see Henderson get his chance at CM because as well as Shelvey, Sahin hasn't done enough to justify a regular place in our centre midfield. Assaidi deserves his chance too IMO.

Jones

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Henderson Allen

Sterling Gerrard Assaidi

Suarez

Saying all that, I'm still not confident to be honest. I see another home draw.

If we dont beat Newcastle thats a new low, in our last 37 meetings at Anfield we have won 30, drawn 5 and only lost 2 times and our goal difference is 91-27.

Thats 2,45 goals scored on average and 0,72 conceded.

Anything less than the average is totally unacceptable.

2011-12-30 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 1

2011-05-01 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 0

2009-05-03 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 0

2008-03-08 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 0

2006-09-20 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 0

2005-12-26 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 0

2004-12-19 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 1

2004-05-15 Liverpool - Newcastle 1 - 1

2004-01-24 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 1 FA Cup

2002-09-02 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 2

2002-03-06 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 0

2001-05-05 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 0

2000-03-25 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 1

1998-12-28 Liverpool - Newcastle 4 - 2

1998-01-20 Liverpool - Newcastle 1 - 0

1997-03-10 Liverpool - Newcastle 4 - 3

1996-04-03 Liverpool - Newcastle 4 - 3

1995-03-04 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 0

1994-04-16 Liverpool - Newcastle 0 - 2

1988-10-01 Liverpool - Newcastle 1 - 2

1987-12-28 Liverpool - Newcastle 4 - 0

1987-01-24 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 0

1985-12-21 Liverpool - Newcastle 1 - 1

1985-04-20 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 1

1977-08-23 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 0

1977-03-05 Liverpool - Newcastle 1 - 0

1976-02-21 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 0

1975-03-25 Liverpool - Newcastle 4 - 0

1973-10-06 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 1

1972-11-18 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 2

1972-03-18 Liverpool - Newcastle 5 - 0

1971-04-06 Liverpool - Newcastle 1 - 1

1970-02-16 Liverpool - Newcastle 0 - 0

1968-10-26 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 1

1967-08-26 Liverpool - Newcastle 6 - 0

1967-04-07 Liverpool - Newcastle 3 - 1

1965-10-16 Liverpool - Newcastle 2 - 0

Of course, code has no agenda. Not beating Newcastle a new low? Get outta here. They're a very good team these days.

They're not that great. They are a solid team, It's just that we are inconsistent and sometimes really bad.

Tomorrow's game is a must win.

Arsenal and Spurs lost while Everton drew. It's our big chance to reduce the gap and get an important victory against a good team. It's a tough game, Rodgers needs to get his tactics spot on and inspire the players for a new beginning.

They're not that great. They are a solid team, It's just that we are inconsistent and sometimes really bad.

Tomorrow's game is a must win.

Arsenal and Spurs lost while Everton drew. It's our big chance to reduce the gap and get an important victory against a good team. It's a tough game, Rodgers needs to get his tactics spot on and inspire the players for a new beginning.

Inspire? What he needs to do is rather kick some but. Brendan comes across as a soft spoken, rational, academic type. All the prima donnas need to to be on notice that they should produce the results or will be shown the door sooner than later. We've never hit such a low since I started to follow Liverpool thirty ears back.

It's funny reading these comments about centrebacks because we all know that no matter who plays it is strictly and only to defend. No Liverpool CB has been past midfield this season - that's why we have nobody in the box, we don't fucking press. High line? Liverpool? All this talk about needing strikers leaves out the part about playing aggressive, attacking football.

But by God, we hold our shape. I really think we are going to get embarrassed, unless Luis has a blinder.

Agger charges forward a decent bit when theres space , i wish he'd do it a lot more as hes very good at it and it puts the other team on the back foot , he has a cracking shot on him to , we dont get to see enough of it though.

He had that surge v Norwich and slid Luis in with a lovely ball , the one where he completely goofed it but scored straight away from the short goal kick with the outside of his foot.

But he's got the Hyypia telescopic leg.

We've got a central defender who still gets plaudits for a top SouthAmerican team, and was the young player of the Copa America, or we've got a Slovakian centre back.

I think it's time to find out what Coates has got in his locker over 10 games, he could be a late bloomer like Coloccini was for Newcastle.

I'ld like to see Coates get a run of games to but now is not the time , Skrtel was our best player last season and its not like theres any real reason to drop him plus how can we forget that awesome goal line clearance last season in this very fixture....

Coates should of got his run of 10 games at the end of last season and near on everyone knew it at the time to but for whatever reason he didn't get them.

Hate being a cunt but Newcastle are 5/1 to win tomorrow. I'm throwing a few bob on that cos if we loose I'll at least have cash in the pocket to soften the blow. If we win like I hope we do then loosing the few bob is worth it.

Fuck that ! Come on man get your head up ! They're shit ! We win this we're 3 points off 4th place. Oh. When. The. REDS !

Guest San Don

Fucks sake, people betting on a Liverpool defeat cos Newcastle are 5's? Have a word with yourself.

It'll be a tough game cost we don't score enough. There again, Xerxes hero papacisse or whatever hadn't scored in 13 until last week's winner off his back!

1 - 0 to us.

I still fail to see what Shelvey brings to us to be honest. Overrated massively.

I'd like to see Jones continue in goal, and I'd like to see Henderson get his chance at CM because as well as Shelvey, Sahin hasn't done enough to justify a regular place in our centre midfield. Assaidi deserves his chance too IMO.

r

Jones

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Henderson Allen

Sterling Gerrard Assaidi

Suarez

Saying all that, I'm still not confident to be honest. I see another home draw.

I have to say I'm a bit baffled as to why he's apparently so highly rated. He's doing very little so far to justify it.

Guest davelfc

Can't see us losing really, they're poor and have not won here since 1994. 3 points today and we're back up there and can build from that.

I simply think we will be far too good for them today and can see us getting a few goals for Gerrard's 600th.

I agree with the Henderson shouts I reckon he would be well up for this one and would allow Gerrard up the pitch more. Think Assaidi should get a proper start today, the lad is very direct.

I can see Krul playing a blinder today like every other visiting keeper. The way we are shipping goals their strikers will get something today but I still think we will bum them 4-2

On another note any sign of any Mo's from out squad? About time we had a proper muzzy back in the team! Bar Assaidi that is.

I agree with the Henderson shouts I reckon he would be well up for this one and would allow Gerrard up the pitch more. Think Assaidi should get a proper start today, the lad is very direct.

I can see Krul playing a blinder today like every other visiting keeper. The way we are shipping goals their strikers will get something today but I still think we will bum them 4-2

On another note any sign of any Mo's from out squad? About time we had a proper muzzy back in the team! Bar Assaidi that is.

Im sure Hender will render Cabaye and Toite as rededundant as a cross gender bender with no legal tender actin like a big spender with a pretend blender and as perverted as Egon Spengler with a transparent agenda like a repeat offender.

sure he'll petrify those prawns like Roy Keanes tangy tomato faced rants with backward passes that bring all the memories of Jimmy Savilles victims back and re ooen all the raw wounds of the holocaust again.