You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paco

biggest games of the season so far? I think so. BR said something like "judge us after 10 games" well this is the 10th league game and it's at home to a team who overtook us in the league last season.

we haven't been all that convincing at home so far this season. we've struggled to score enough goals to make the games safe and this has caused a lot of anxiety among a lot of the fans added to the fact that BR wants us to play the ball out from the back nearly all the time.

we have an excellent record at home to Newcastle so hopefully we can keep that going. 3 points are imperative though otherwise it will be 10 or 11 points from 10 games and sitting in the bottom half of the table with one home league win all season.

------------------------------------Reina------------------------------------

Wisdom-----------------Skrtel-------------Agger------------------------GJ

---------------------Allen---------------------Sahin------------------------

---------------------------------Gerrard------------------------------------

Suso----------------------------Suarez----------------------------Sterling

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
Newcastle have not won a league game at Anfield for more than 18 years, when Andy Cole and Rob Lee scored to earn the Magpies a 2-0 victory back in 1994.

Here's to No. 19

biggest games of the season so far? I think so. BR said something like "judge us after 10 games" well this is the 10th league game and it's at home to a team who overtook us in the league last season.

we haven't been all that convincing at home so far this season. we've struggled to score enough goals to make the games safe and this has caused a lot of anxiety among a lot of the fans added to the fact that BR wants us to play the ball out from the back nearly all the time.

we have an excellent record at home to Newcastle so hopefully we can keep that going. 3 points are imperative though otherwise it will be 10 or 11 points from 10 games and sitting in the bottom half of the table with one home league win all season.

------------------------------------Reina------------------------------------

Wisdom-----------------Skrtel-------------Agger------------------------GJ

---------------------Allen---------------------Sahin------------------------

---------------------------------Gerrard------------------------------------

Suso----------------------------Suarez----------------------------Sterling

Swap sahin for Shelvey and I'd be happy

Is Skrtel injured or suspended?

And Suso wont start. I'd play Shelvey.

I think we've shipped enough goals that you have to start looking at Coates ahead of Skrtel or Agger, just see how it goes.

As a dynamic, as a partnership, I've never been a big fan of Agger and Skrtel, it's never quite clicked for me.

As LNG as we play two holding midfielders, and we fucking need to, the front four can play anywhere, just score a couple of goals, that's the only criteria. I'd agree maybe Shelvey ahead of Suso, or even Sahin, as long as none of them are required for defending because they're all a liability.

I think we've shipped enough goals that you have to start looking at Coates ahead of Skrtel or Agger, just see how it goes.

As a dynamic, as a partnership, I've never been a big fan of Agger and Skrtel, it's never quite clicked for me.

As LNG as we play two holding midfielders, and we fucking need to, the front four can play anywhere, just score a couple of goals, that's the only criteria. I'd agree maybe Shelvey ahead of Suso, or even Sahin, as long as none of them are required for defending because they're all a liability.

Newcastle have fast attacking players. I don't think we should play one of the slowest central defenders in the Premiership

Newcastle have fast attacking players. I don't think we should play one of the slowest central defenders in the Premiership

But he's got the Hyypia telescopic leg.

We've got a central defender who still gets plaudits for a top SouthAmerican team, and was the young player of the Copa America, or we've got a Slovakian centre back.

I think it's time to find out what Coates has got in his locker over 10 games, he could be a late bloomer like Coloccini was for Newcastle.

Mentally, I think Coates is stronger than Skrtel as well, and that's a massive plus. Skrtel folds like a wet t-shirt when he makes a mistake, whereas Coates seems to be much more confident.

And he can do overhead kicks into the top corner. #bonus

Well, I can't pretend to have anything near your psychological insight, but Coates has looked slow and ordinary and full of mistakes so far.

I could be proven wrong and he turns into a Latin Sami Hyypia, but let's face it, I'm generally right 9 times out of 10

My future team would look a bit like...

--------------Reina-------------

GJ-----Coates---Wisdom---?

-------------Lucas--------------

-------Allen---------Suso--------

Suarez--------?-----------Sterling

-------------Borini---------------

Fill those two gaps with quality and give it a whirl. Lucas, Allen and Suso could control a midfield, it's a beautiful thought.

Subs: Ward, Agger, Gerrard, Kelly, Assaidi, ?, ?

Deffo need to sort out where Gerrards future lies, and need another striker, and creative number 10 with goals in him, and a quality central midfielder, and shithouse African striker, and shithouse African or Eastern European defensive mid.

It's funny reading these comments about centrebacks because we all know that no matter who plays it is strictly and only to defend. No Liverpool CB has been past midfield this season - that's why we have nobody in the box, we don't fucking press. High line? Liverpool? All this talk about needing strikers leaves out the part about playing aggressive, attacking football.

But by God, we hold our shape. I really think we are going to get embarrassed, unless Luis has a blinder.

Fill those two gaps with quality and give it a whirl. Lucas, Allen and Suso could control a midfield, it's a beautiful thought.

Deffo need to sort out where Gerrards future lies, and need another striker, and creative number 10 with goals in him, and a quality central midfielder, and shithouse African striker, and shithouse African or Eastern European defensive mid.

Fearless African striker. Yeah I remember your last load of shite.

This is a huge game in my opinion. Win and we're 4 points off of a top four place (2 behind Arsenal), lose and we're in the bottom half of the table 10 games in.

I do look at the league though, and outside of Utd, City, Chelsea, is anyone that good? Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle will all drop points this season. I think if we're in touch in January and add at least 2 attacking players we might be ok.

Always good strategy to line up with 12 - evens out the whole ref conspiracy thing.

Newcastle rarely perform at Anfield, but they could turn us over with ease. Comparing their striker-force and midfield to ours really makes a man weep.

I would drop Suso and Sahin, I think the former will become a quality player, but he's wasted out wide at the moment for me. The alternatives aren't much to shout about though. Assaidi looks decent and I think it's about time he started a PL game so I'd probably play him. I think Sahin is going to be a top player too, maybe not for us, at least not right now, so I'd play Jonjo or/and Henderson instead of him.

I'd maybe go with this, but I do think Assaidi deserves a run.

----Reina-------

Wisdom-----Skrtel---Agger-----GJ

-Allen------Henderson---

--Jonjo---

Gerrard---Suarez---Sterling

I really don't trust Enrique or like/rate Downing so I wouldn't have them anywhere near the team, even if one used to play for them and the other is a Boro lad. Henderson is a bit different, I don't think he's a very good player, but I think he might offer more in a game like this than Sahin.

Really want us to start putting a striker on the bench, whether it be Morgan or Yesil. Even if they only get 5 or 10 minutes, it's better than having another defender on the pitch. Whether they're are ready or not doesn't really matter, we're in a shit situation, we need goals and scoring goals is what they're supposed to do as strikers. It's what they've been doing since they were kids, (Still are kids tbf) whether they can do it or not in the PL remains to be seen, but it's about time we gave one of them a chance.